Recent Topics

Ads

PQ contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
zgolec

PQ contribution

Post#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 am

Is it possible to change roll/contrib on PQs?

I mean like - making contrib matter more then a roll? like adding some more contrib points so it actually matters not that d1000 roll which can flip everything upside down even while u did 99% of the work.
Right now some random guy can come on PQ kill one mob and take gold bag and laugh while others do all the work.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: PQ contribution

Post#2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

Sounds like an opportunity for a loading screen tip...

Did you know, players that don't participate enough at a PQ will automatically receive a 1 for their loot roll? If they win a bag, they put in some work, maybe you didn't see it!
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

zgolec

Post#3 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm

I completed alone 1st part, on 2nd part guy killed/helped [not that i needed help] kill >one< champ. I killed final hero [kite and dmg]... he just get 100 contrib less [one champ kill] + loot rool better... an otehr then gold bags are empty [mayhem farm].

This system is broken. Always has been.
I saw some ppl do similiar thing on 22ch. Come solo [overflow from 24 ppl WB] kill one or two champ [or help dps champs that are being attacked by wb] and afk rest of PQ and still got bag while someone in WB got nothing.

You guys fix so much things in this game so take in consideration to take care of this system [or put something worthwhile in purple/blue bags... dunno maybe some 16-19 stat talisman? so time invested in this wont be completely wasted].

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:43 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm I completed alone 1st part, on 2nd part guy killed/helped [not that i needed help] kill >one< champ. I killed final hero [kite and dmg]... he just get 100 contrib less [one champ kill] + loot rool better... an otehr then gold bags are empty [mayhem farm].
I understand the problem.
All participants have a 1-999 roll + bonus. The issue is, when you get just enough contribution to be "registered" in the system as a participant, you get a roll bonus, without looking on your effort.

Roll bonus is like 700, 650, 600, 550 and so on. Numbers just an example.
When now 1 player makes almost the whole PQ alone, he gets a 700 bonus and a 2nd player, who joins late but early enough to get contribution, will get the next highest bonus, which is 650.
In such a situation the loot rolls are only random, because the 50 bonus difference doesn't matter much.

The roll bonus does not properly reflect the effort of individual players and instead is like a first-come-first-get system, which is quite unfair.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Why another player would be such a jerk :shock: ...

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm Why another player would be such a jerk :shock: ...
The system makes it possible. :)

If possible the bonus roll should be based on contribution, so 2 ppl doing similar work get the same roll bonus but someone doing 80% work gets 80% of the total bonus available.
If he then rolls totally bad and the other guy very high, he could still lose but it will be less likely.
Currently it is just gambling for no effort at all.
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Is it systems fault tho?

zgolec

Post#8 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:06 pm

If contrib was lets say 1000 and descending.... And roll would be simple d100 it would be more fair cause it will nto be pure random number rather 90% of work and 10% of roll.

Atm its like 30% is contrib [your work] rest is pure luck... Or unluck ;p

Ads
Collateral

Post#9 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Well, it's how I got a gold bag in ch22 pq, even when I didn't intend it. I came to the pq to ask if there was room, and after I saw there was none, I went to wait outside till they finish cuz I didn't want to be an ass, giving the dmg buff to mobs. I maybe killed one mob on the way back. Then I went to see how the lord was doing, and I came exactly as they killed him. I was also in the roll for some reason, rolled high, and got gold since some people opted out.

I'm not sure if devs intended people to get bags like that, but it can certainly happen.

Dabbart

Post#10 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Moral of the story is, you can’t trust the System
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.