Recent Topics

Ads

Destro tanks

Let's talk about... everything else
Aebel

Destro tanks

Post#1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Hey all, with the big xp week coming up I want to make a destro tank and I'm wondering which one to make. I like them all aesthetically but I dont know how they function endgame or other factors (such as how many there are, I dont want to make a class that everyone plays) I'd prefer SnB but I dont mind the idea of playing a 2h (I know BG does well 2h) but the idea is that I want to play something that does well in small scale and large scale, and I'd prefer something good with SnB but something that's better with 2h I dont mind

Ads
orillah
Suspended

Re: Destro tanks

Post#2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Go blackguard

Aebel

Post#3 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 pm

orillah wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 pm Go blackguard
What are its advantages and disadvantages in the different levels of endgame?

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 am

It all comes down to personal preference as all 3 Order tanks are effective in their own ways. BG, arguably, takes more skill it's like the IB, playing a piano, watching the various buffs and abilities.

Chosen is relatively simple in concept, pick the right auras for your build/playstyle, keep the aoe wound debuff and dots up and go to town with ravage or relentless depending on build.

I can not speak for the BO, never played one.

The most inportant thing, for all tanks is to learn to switch guard and identify who will best benefit from it in any given situation. Also learn to punt properly, otherwise you waste one of the most powerful tank abilities.
Alea iacta est

Aebel

Post#5 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 am It all comes down to personal preference as all 3 Order tanks are effective in their own ways. BG, arguably, takes more skill it's like the IB, playing a piano, watching the various buffs and abilities.

Chosen is relatively simple in concept, pick the right auras for your build/playstyle, keep the aoe wound debuff and dots up and go to town with ravage or relentless depending on build.

The most inportant thing, for all tanks is to learn to switch guard and identify who will best benefit from it in any given situation. Also learn to punt properly, otherwise you waste one of the most powerful tank abilities.
Well higher skill requirements also usually means a higher skill ceiling as well which is fine by me. Are BGs much sought after for 6v6 or wb level play?

Aebel

Post#6 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:10 am

Im interested in how BO's play out endgame if anyone who knows about them would be kind enough to provide some imput

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 am

roll a Black Ork WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Collateral

Post#8 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 am

Bo was a hybrid tank that played an offensive role till the changes to tree hit combo, now for 2h only. That pretty much forced anyone who wanted to do decent damage to go 2h. But the problem is that the bo doesn't have much in the department of survival while being 2h. It has low base ini, and no abilities to passively or actively boost parry/dodge/disrupt. That makes it pretty difficult to play, since every good order rdps knows how squishy you probably are, and will instantly focus you.

Of course you can play a hybrid 2h bo, but personally I think it requires high rr, good group built with 2h bo in mind, and decent gear and talis. Bo is still the hardest hitting destro tank tho. You can have pretty nice burst if you go more on the offensive side, but for that you need rr 70.

For a tank role, bo is also quite good. You have your can't hit me (wods but for shield), htl (obv), da greenest bellow, and other self buffs that can increase your tankiness. I'm not sure, but I think bo has the highest self armour buff in the game, above 900, if you go full mid tree. And you can keep it up 100% in a fight.

In the end tho, it all comes down to your ability to play the archetype. As people mentioned, swapping guard and looking after your allies is the only thing that counts really. The rest is just different types of buffs/debuffs, and looks (where bo definitely wins if you ask me :))

Ads
Aebel

Post#9 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 am

Collateral wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 am Bo was a hybrid tank that played an offensive role till the changes to tree hit combo, now for 2h only. That pretty much forced anyone who wanted to do decent damage to go 2h. But the problem is that the bo doesn't have much in the department of survival while being 2h. It has low base ini, and no abilities to passively or actively boost parry/dodge/disrupt. That makes it pretty difficult to play, since every good order rdps knows how squishy you probably are, and will instantly focus you.

Of course you can play a hybrid 2h bo, but personally I think it requires high rr, good group built with 2h bo in mind, and decent gear and talis. Bo is still the hardest hitting destro tank tho. You can have pretty nice burst if you go more on the offensive side, but for that you need rr 70.

For a tank role, bo is also quite good. You have your can't hit me (wods but for shield), htl (obv), da greenest bellow, and other self buffs that can increase your tankiness. I'm not sure, but I think bo has the highest self armour buff in the game, above 900, if you go full mid tree. And you can keep it up 100% in a fight.

In the end tho, it all comes down to your ability to play the archetype. As people mentioned, swapping guard and looking after your allies is the only thing that counts really. The rest is just different types of buffs/debuffs, and looks (where bo definitely wins if you ask me :))
Excellent input, thank you. I assume they changed the three hit combo because they were capable of too much damage while being tanky? I always took the class to not bring a lot of group utility kinda like a SM but bellows seem to be a pretty good buff for your party to have

Fallenkezef

Post#10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 am

Aebel wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:51 am It all comes down to personal preference as all 3 Order tanks are effective in their own ways. BG, arguably, takes more skill it's like the IB, playing a piano, watching the various buffs and abilities.

Well higher skill requirements also usually means a higher skill ceiling as well which is fine by me. Are BGs much sought after for 6v6 or wb level play?
Well no, Chosen is a class that benefits your whole group while a BG is a relatively selfish class that benefits you and one other. It's not about skill ceiling.
Alea iacta est