Recent Topics

Ads

Need an advice for lvl/RR !!

Let's talk about... everything else
mokur123

Need an advice for lvl/RR !!

Post#1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:09 am

Hi Folks,

We need an advice about what should we focus to get lvl and rr after hit 16. Basically i and my friend are playing witch elf as a duo players. We used to take down orders in t1 zones easily but then when we hit 16, we realized that this is not gonna happen anymore because of our low gears and low levels. So what would be your advice for us to do at this point ? Focus only SC and do some PVE ? Because i know we can't earn exp and rr like running all day and trying to find low players like us in RVR zones.

Cheersss..

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Need an advice for lvl/RR !!

Post#2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 am

It's best not to let your rr go below your level but rr above your level is never a bad thing.

I'd recommend you do pq's and such but keep queing for SC's. You'll be much more effective in the 16-30 T2/3 sc bracket than rvr roaming.
Alea iacta est

Lileldys

Post#3 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 am

WE is just one of those classes that need lvl 26 to really shine (50% crit tactic and knockdown)

Just do your prefered leveling method until then. Its quite a powerspike for WE.

Telperien

Post#4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:24 am

Take advantage of experience boost starting this Friday and hunt those warband tails or pick on solo DPS in lakes. In no time you will be rr 30 and then u can do some pve if I like.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

flatfoot1987

Post#5 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am

It makes sense to maximize your rr before you leave T2/3 scenario bracket because after that point there won't be a reliable renown source for quite a while.

Currently playing a 35/39 WH and I'm happy I actually kept my rr above my rank. I think I hit rank 30 with rr35.

I returned after a break and maybe it's just me but I have a feeling something changed about the lowbie bolster in T4. About a year ago I was doing more or less okay in T4 with my then 25-30 WH who had near BiS gear for his level, but now my best bet are afk guys or lowbies who are in a similar position. Maybe it's just because most active people have significantly improved their gear, dunno.

There's another problem also. At 35/39 you can equip full annihilator if you been doing some orvr but you can't break down a few conq medallions to complete the set it because convert boxes require rr40. I'm not sure if that's working as intended but it doesn't make much sense in its current form. Scenario emblem convert boxes require rr34 afaik.

Anyway it's a tough decision whether one should pvegrind through 30-40 gap or take it slow and farm afkers/other lowbies to reach 40 with an appropriate renown rank. First option means you'll be limited to basic pve gear and you won't get any orvr rewards from bags, second option takes a while to complete and it's not exactly fun.

I'm about to hit T4 with another character and test the pvegrind route instead. Maybe it will be fine because there are decent pve gear options nowadays (which require some renown rank in T4 range though).
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Spierron

Post#6 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm

r16-r18 epic quest ( u can find this in the wiki ) / sc
r18-r23 orvr / sc
r23-r25 qp set mayhem / sc WE can solo hero so it's easy to farm
r25+ orvr/sc
r30 only orvr with intructor's boon for reduc xp gain by 75%

leveling cultivating/apo for pot
find a player who will provide you any talis (not armor talis) for their real price 1g/10g purple talis lvl 16-28

when u hit r31 you will be rr50+

for me middle tree > other, tactic Kiss of Doom and debuff heal and later ( r30) witchbrew

neupWAR

Post#7 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm

When I lvl'ed my WE I only did RvR and Sc solo or with another WE until rank 31. My rr was over 41 by that time and then just pve pq's and did the weaponn quests until rank 40. Pick your targets and don't necessarily zerg surf. If you keep your weapons and armour within 5 lvls of your rank you'll get your rp's/exp.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Spierron wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Now tell me what t3 pq hero you can solo with a lowlvl char, especially with WE.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Spierron

Post#9 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm
Spierron wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Now tell me what t3 pq hero you can solo with a lowlvl char, especially with WE.
why especially with WE ? WE has great tools for that :D

it comes from my own experience :roll:

just avoid hero who can ranged attack
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Spierron wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm
why especially with WE ? WE has great tools for that :D

it comes from my own experience :roll:

just avoid hero who can ranged attack
You can't kite hero with WE and still deal dmg. You are no SH. Obviously ranged heroes are out of question.

EDIT: I would like to see combat log. Btw this is a medium PQ, no hard one. Those rarely drop gold. Real heroes, even lower ranked than 27-28 deal 2k+ dmg per hit on rank 40 non-tank players.
Dying is no option.