Recent Topics

Ads

Best Classes for PvE Farming

Let's talk about... everything else
Rynocerous

Best Classes for PvE Farming

Post#1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:57 am

I'm planning to make a couple of PvE chars that will do all my tali and potting needs. I've read some threads about good choices for a PvE toon but they conflict and are a little old.

What is the best toon for resource gathering for Order and for Destro? Originally I was going to do Mara and AM but not sure if those are efficient.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Best Classes for PvE Farming

Post#2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:14 am

WP/DoK are kings. They can solo anything, in pretty damned good numbers too.

DPS Z was my favorite though. I avg'd just under 1mil XP per hour with my Z back in the powerlvling days of this server(I'd get approx 120-150g just off junk drops per hour...)

What are you farming? Butchering tends to be dependant upon the respawn rate of the mobs in question far more than the DPS or "strength" of the class. If you are farming Frags off Champs, then your toon's power and survival is more important.

Any class can farm. Any of them. Some are just better at it than others. However, if you are going to make a new toon just for farming, then consider how easy it will be to lvl up that toon as well. WP/DoK are super easy to lvl, as you can self-heal and DPS from like lvl 5, and thus suffer almost 0 downtime between mobs.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Eathisword

Post#3 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:38 am

Marauder is very good on destro. Magus too. Then DoK as Dabbart pointed.

On order, Engineers and WP are king.

To some lesser extent, all tanks can farm ok, and so can RP and zealot.

The rest : SW, AM, Shaman, BW, sorc are subpar in my experience. SH and WL might be good now after changes they received. Never tried.

Slayer and choppa are in a somewhat strange category. They suck really bad at it for a long time. But full gear with the right tactics and spec they are monster farmers at level 40 with high renown. They kill very fast and have pretty solid uptime with self heal and tactics. + they can reach retarded amount of parry.

Personally, I am a fan of RP and zealot, because you can queue scenarios while you farm and you can still heal ok even in a farming spec and gear. This way you can have a decent set of gear at rank 40 with some bits of renown, even if its just a PvE toon.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

bichka

Post#4 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 pm

any tank with regen/absorb skills

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Rolled an engi during this event and dinged 40 almost all in pve. Once you get keg there is no downtime and champs are effortless.
Alea iacta est