Recent Topics

Ads

Point of Career levels?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Point of Career levels?

Post#41 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 pm

When you increase xp gain for certain activities, please make it optional.
Not everyone wants to rush it or fight rank 40 rr20 players.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Tirien27

Post#42 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 am

XP is way too low, if the game had everything like live i would not mind, but it doesn´t. I hope they increase the Xp gain so people can make alts, luckily i was here for the event, otherwise i probably would play my main until i went bored and that would be it.

But.... we will see in the future.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#43 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:09 am

Tirien27 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 am XP is way too low, if the game had everything like live i would not mind, but it doesn´t. I hope they increase the Xp gain so people can make alts, luckily i was here for the event, otherwise i probably would play my main until i went bored and that would be it.

A very close future maybe.

Sulorie

Post#44 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:09 am
Tirien27 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 am XP is way too low, if the game had everything like live i would not mind, but it doesn´t. I hope they increase the Xp gain so people can make alts, luckily i was here for the event, otherwise i probably would play my main until i went bored and that would be it.

Please no general xp increases. Players should have the chance to opt-out. :)
Dying is no option.

Fallenkezef

Post#45 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Buy the scroll
Alea iacta est

Sulorie

Post#46 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:59 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Buy the scroll
I already use the scroll but a general increasing xp would reduce it's effect compared to today's xp gain.
Dying is no option.

adamthelc

Post#47 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:55 pm

The scroll is good, but what about T1? Some people enjoy it and might want to spend some time there. Personally I really enjoy T1. I would enjoy T2/3 more, but you never get any scenarios.

Anyway auto boosting to 40 seems like a terrible idea. If anything when someone levels a character to 40 give them another 40 for free. I am against that too, but it would be better than rendering a large part of the game obsolete.

Leveling isnt really a grind for me, or at least any more of a grind than what you do at 40. At 40 you do the exact same things over and over and your jumps in power level are much fewer and more far between than while leveling.

Leveling would be much more fun if scenarios were more active in the mid tiers. I dont have any ideas on how to fix that, but its the big hurdle for me. I enjoy T1 and T4 isnt bad to level, but that huge chunck in between kind of sucks. You either do RvR and dont get very good gains. Or you grind PvE for decent gains but it gets old pretty quick. Both can be pretty boring. A good way to break up leveling bordem is scenarios, which the mid tiers dont have.

lefze
Suspended

Post#48 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm

You seem to be missing that with an upgrade to 40 across the board, every single quest, mob, lairboss or whatever can also be scaled up. Tier one could either be left open with/without debolster. It would take work, yes, but with a unified level on all content, the potential to make every single PQ, lairboss, influence chapter and pretty much any other content relevant in the long run is there.

There really is no need to only see the issues, when there are several obviously solutions with potential benefits over the current implemetations. The only thing limiting the potential positive impacts of a change like this is the capacity of the team.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#49 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:46 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm You seem to be missing that with an upgrade to 40 across the board, every single quest, mob, lairboss or whatever can also be scaled up. Tier one could either be left open with/without debolster. It would take work, yes, but with a unified level on all content, the potential to make every single PQ, lairboss, influence chapter and pretty much any other content relevant in the long run is there.

There really is no need to only see the issues, when there are several obviously solutions with potential benefits over the current implemetations. The only thing limiting the potential positive impacts of a change like this is the capacity of the team.
Heh, summat we agree on. Wonders will never cease
Alea iacta est

adamthelc

Post#50 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm You seem to be missing that with an upgrade to 40 across the board, every single quest, mob, lairboss or whatever can also be scaled up. Tier one could either be left open with/without debolster. It would take work, yes, but with a unified level on all content, the potential to make every single PQ, lairboss, influence chapter and pretty much any other content relevant in the long run is there.

So people don't want to do quests when they actually give exp, but making them even less useful is somehow going to improve them? That's not really the point. The large part of the game you want to get rid of is leveling. Replacing it with a bunch of pointless crap no one will want to do, doesn't negate the fact that you cut a big chunk of the game off.

I don't love leveling, I like lower level PvP content, but it doesn't offend me that you are getting rid of quests. I don't have any love for quests. But what you don't seem to realize is that this is a fundamental change that will have bigger repercussions than just eliminating something you don't like.

Games that hemogonize everything, gear doesnt matter, level doesnt matter and all that other nonsense arent fun. No one like to level especially multiple times, but it being there adds something. Once you get rid of the level grind, why not get rid of the renown grind? Once you get rid of the renown grind, why not get rid of the gear grind?

Personally I would be a big fan of having an option to level much faster, but getting rid of leveling all together I THINK would be disasterous. It would be a different game without leveling. That is my opinion, I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.