Recent Topics

Ads

Don't play Tank if you too lazy to Guard

Let's talk about... everything else
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Don't play Tank if you too lazy to Guard

Post#21 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 am

I don't guard if there are no healers in the SC, which last time I played, was quite frequently.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am

Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 am I don't guard if there are no healers in the SC, which last time I played, was quite frequently.
So dps should stop dealing damage? This sounds like some excellent strategy for an exciting scenario.
Dying is no option.

witchdoctor

Post#23 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:50 am

Meanwhile i have 4 Tank lvl40 / 40-70+ and in low tiers it was always the same...
guarding random DD's, watching them die after 10 seconds. checking the statwindow and notice that he did like 1.5k dmg befor he died... Switch guard to the healer, which died already 2nd time with less than 5k heal and this in mid tier sc's

I have won much more Sc's when i didnt guard a useless random. :D

But at least sometimes you have players in SC who are worth guarding. (talking about low and mid tier)
In T4 guard is always up ;)

But you cant blame a tank for not guarding when you are not able to heal or deal damage :lol:

Wdova

Post#24 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am
Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 am I don't guard if there are no healers in the SC, which last time I played, was quite frequently.
So dps should stop dealing damage? This sounds like some excellent strategy for an exciting scenario.
No it is not, but dont forget that guarding tank recieve double dmg. He take dmg thru guard and dmg he recieve directly. You can see unhealed tanks going down even faster than alli who is guarded :)

On my Kobs we won some SC even without healer just because fast guard switch and lil heal from heal/ap aura. So guarding even without healer still has it sence.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Mystry
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am On my Kobs we won some SC even without healer just because fast guard switch and lil heal from heal/ap aura. So guarding even without healer still has it sence.
My tank is a Swordmaster, and I usually can't fit bolstering enchantments in my tactics, so I have no ability to self-heal. Got lots of bubbles though, but those things get popped very quickly. If there are no healers in the SC, then I don't guard. I am usually bursted to hell by Destro simply because I'm one of maybe 2 or 3 melee players as is, and guarding one of those DPS who does very little damage because Order usually has no melee train is ultimately pointless.

If you want the truth, 10 times out of 11, its utterly pointless even fighting in a scenario where you don't get at least two healers.

Now, if we have even a single healer on our team, THEN I'll start guarding, and I actually guard switch actively. Then again, when that healer turns out to be a DPS healer then I stop again.

No heals = no guards. Order has zero healers; consider this my method of encouraging people to play more healers.

Ramasee

Post#26 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 pm

I would say a more accurate statement would be that order has no PuG scenario healers. Most healers and pretty much all of the good ones play with groups of people.