Ads

Faction balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
Timmitz

Re: Faction balance.

Post#61 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Renork wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:21 pm
zgolec wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:17 pm

SInce 90% new toys were given to destro no wonder ppl are sitting on destro side...

p.s. [non related to topic] Since "balance" were reason to give BG wods pls implement heal debuff for SM :P
Order had these toys all the time...
The kotbs has a huge healbuff that destro doesnt have... if sm gets the healdebuff youll need to balance that with a healbuff for the BO? Sounds fair to me tbh...
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#62 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:20 pm

tionblack wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:21 pm Fallenkezef is right.
I think that is the first, probably last, time you have ever said that.
Alea iacta est

Timmitz

Post#63 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Gaunt2005 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:14 pm Why does this argument and others like it keep coming up? Apparently a lot of destro also play order. Don't you think they'd also bring their genius strategies along with them if that was the issue?
That happens but more important here is what order wb leaders do with it. ;)
Timmitz (BO) Pestilentius (Chosen) Chronik (Marauder) Falaria (DoK) Poostainz (Shaman) Eadcheeze (SH) Shroomdeth (Choppa) Geriatricus (WP) Aleguts (Engi) Burnsie (BW)

Telen
Suspended

Post#64 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Most of the recent balance changes have heavily favoured destruction so this was predictable. Squig Herders are everywhere for a reason. Some of the best debuffs on a pouncing tank. Theres a reason they have all those amazing tools. They werent meant to be roaming backlines with them constantly.

Rathael87

Post#65 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:23 pm I mean if I were part of a destro guild/warband that saw these sorts of imbalances every day, I'd probably do what TUP/Phalanx did and go Order to help balance it out.

If noone's willing to do that, I guess it's a case of riding that AAO. You can't fix a player mentality issue.
Mmm. Whilst I found it annoying having allied guilds X realming. It potentially allowed the player base to balance out. If that was the case however I never really experienced it. Generally I found guilds like TUP joining the dominant side for EZ kills.
To say that we went to the side with most numbers for easy kills is saying the exact opposite of what we actually did and what the guild stands for. We have always wanted good solid challenging fights from our opponents.

After too many pointless nights of chasing outnumbered Order pugs while being followed by Destro leech PUGs, TUP started an initiative to level up Order toons in order for us to field a functional warband on whichever side had most need on our warband nights. Many of us who didn't already have Order toons actually power-levelled and geared needed classes to achieve this within a week. We made a huge active effort to be available on both factions.

Despite our Order warband being less effective and much less capable of handling situations where we were outnumbered, we fielded it regardless because it was a much MUCH better alterntive to chasing PUG warbands with literally no stomach to fight our destro warband.

A problem with being in an influential guild is that our presence often influenced the numbers on the field anyway. After wiping a PUG warband 2 or 3 times, many of them would just quit and the zone would dry out. Many many times we actually swapped faction mid-night because of this happening, but we can't do that every 15-20 minutes. If you saw TUP on the dominant faction at any time, it was likely at a time where people were quitting because of being farmed.

Timmitz

Post#66 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm Most of the recent balance changes have heavily favoured destruction so this was predictable. Squig Herders are everywhere for a reason. Some of the best debuffs on a pouncing tank. Theres a reason they have all those amazing tools. They werent meant to be roaming backlines with them constantly.
Have you followed all the sh nerfs before? They were unplayable almost, there were no sh almost in game for a reason too. Besides that squigs were the 2nd most scary thing that the greenskins had in tabletop after pumpwagons. What we had before was a goblin arrer boy, not a squig herder. SH now are as Gork and Mork intended them to be.

Morale gain increase favor BW heavy wbs, thats order.
Disrupt changes are in favour of order too due to magus/sorc on 1 side and bw only on the other.

Telen
Suspended

Post#67 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Timmitz wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm Have you followed all the sh nerfs before? They were unplayable almost. Besides that squigs were the 2nd most scary thing that the greenskins had in tabletop after pumpwagons. What we had before was a goblin arrer boy, not a squig herder. SH now are as Gork and Mork intended them to be.
If you balance with tt in mind then as an AM main Im fine with that.

wonshot

Post#68 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:18 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:38 am
It's not just about deploying, but cooperating.
Few days ago, I've forced myself to play Order toon to balance numbers a bit, and I saw following scene on /2 :

PuG warband leader: D&D where are you?
D&D: Don't follow us!
PuG warband leader: We need to cooperate!
D&D: Go away!

How Order can not have AAO, if people act like that?

As you say, this was a one time thing that you were on Orderside. And while this is exactly what happend, you dont know the full story. We had 3fg - 4fg guildonly warband on this given evening, and for ONCE some of the guild-only warbands from destro actually ran solo and not in a massive blob. So yeah, we didnt want a tail to follow us as we were searching for the destro guild warband for a fight in the open.

And to the comment about we only farm pugs, well how about the destro-guild warbands come out and play then (if they want ofc, if they prefer to coordinate and only engage in 100% winable fights, be my guest. you do you). We were out each night during the event, constantly under aao, but also initiating the fights no matter how many you were, often dieing, and often coming straight back out again. And WE are the problem lol :lol:

As a sidenote, It takes soo many random aoe knockbacks from puggies and staggerbreaks, before you just give up involving them. Plus the few times coordinating was attemted we call we push a flank, and nothing happend the order warband just hugs the flag on martys in praag.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#69 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Weird people.

When Destro has AAO and Order warbands got stomped into dust separately there are two ways of how it goes:
1. Order blobs and there is one ultra zerg that is just going;
2. Order switches to Destro toons.

We've seen that many times when we have 80% AAO and all of a sudden after few successful pushes Order disappears and multiple Destro pug WBs form out of nowhere.

Whine on your xRealmers. It's nothing to do with "balance", "new toys", or whatever BS you're trying to make up.
Image Image

Acidic

Post#70 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Thought i would show some footage of today in praag , not sure but you probably notice its not detro zerging.

Click here to watch on YouTube