Recent Topics

Ads

Faction balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: Faction balance.

Post#91 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm

order and destro have been pretty stalemated all day in CW. I've spent 6 hours in that ww1 simulator.

Faction balance fluctuates too much to really worry about it.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Deadkiller

Post#92 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Rathael87 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:42 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:23 pm I mean if I were part of a destro guild/warband that saw these sorts of imbalances every day, I'd probably do what TUP/Phalanx did and go Order to help balance it out.

If noone's willing to do that, I guess it's a case of riding that AAO. You can't fix a player mentality issue.
Mmm. Whilst I found it annoying having allied guilds X realming. It potentially allowed the player base to balance out. If that was the case however I never really experienced it. Generally I found guilds like TUP joining the dominant side for EZ kills.
To say that we went to the side with most numbers for easy kills is saying the exact opposite of what we actually did and what the guild stands for. We have always wanted good solid challenging fights from our opponents.

After too many pointless nights of chasing outnumbered Order pugs while being followed by Destro leech PUGs, TUP started an initiative to level up Order toons in order for us to field a functional warband on whichever side had most need on our warband nights. Many of us who didn't already have Order toons actually power-levelled and geared needed classes to achieve this within a week. We made a huge active effort to be available on both factions.

Despite our Order warband being less effective and much less capable of handling situations where we were outnumbered, we fielded it regardless because it was a much MUCH better alterntive to chasing PUG warbands with literally no stomach to fight our destro warband.

A problem with being in an influential guild is that our presence often influenced the numbers on the field anyway. After wiping a PUG warband 2 or 3 times, many of them would just quit and the zone would dry out. Many many times we actually swapped faction mid-night because of this happening, but we can't do that every 15-20 minutes. If you saw TUP on the dominant faction at any time, it was likely at a time where people were quitting because of being farmed.
Sry bro but i this Post is Really Funny for me,

Nothing against tup they got Really Good organized wbs but tup isnt looking for Good fights they just Farm rr by Killing pugs and thats no Secret.
Or Why you Play Everytime on phalanx Side?
You want Good Fights well then Fight against organized wbs instead Farming pugs, its a Really wierd Thing that i Never Saw tup vs phalanx , and its nothing about Side Balance destro is hard outnumbered and i saw still phalanx and tup in Order. Let you grow balls. ..... the sad Thing is the Skill is there but cojones small oh seems...

But maybe its just my Imagination....

catholicism198

Post#93 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm order and destro have been pretty stalemated all day in CW. I've spent 6 hours in that ww1 simulator.

It's hard to make any progress when there are so many people in one zone, but the players refuse to fight in more zones than one.

They need to create a super ram that is able to withstand two war bands beating on it.

Fallenkezef

Post#94 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:34 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 pm order and destro have been pretty stalemated all day in CW. I've spent 6 hours in that ww1 simulator.

It's hard to make any progress when there are so many people in one zone, but the players refuse to fight in more zones than one.

They need to create a super ram that is able to withstand two war bands beating on it.
From my point of view, after commiting 3 hours to a zone I don't really want to just up and leave for somewhere else.

Destro lost their rams early on because they pretty much went afk while the ram was at work and ignored the fire teams shooting at it. Order can be just as bad, sititng there staring at the ram while destro target it. If the mdps and tanks not on ram bought cannons and the rdps focused on clearing the alls it'd be different.
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#95 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Deadkiller wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 pm
Mmm. Whilst I found it annoying having allied guilds X realming. It potentially allowed the player base to balance out. If that was the case however I never really experienced it. Generally I found guilds like TUP joining the dominant side for EZ kills.
To say that we went to the side with most numbers for easy kills is saying the exact opposite of what we actually did and what the guild stands for. We have always wanted good solid challenging fights from our opponents.

After too many pointless nights of chasing outnumbered Order pugs while being followed by Destro leech PUGs, TUP started an initiative to level up Order toons in order for us to field a functional warband on whichever side had most need on our warband nights. Many of us who didn't already have Order toons actually power-levelled and geared needed classes to achieve this within a week. We made a huge active effort to be available on both factions.

Despite our Order warband being less effective and much less capable of handling situations where we were outnumbered, we fielded it regardless because it was a much MUCH better alterntive to chasing PUG warbands with literally no stomach to fight our destro warband.

A problem with being in an influential guild is that our presence often influenced the numbers on the field anyway. After wiping a PUG warband 2 or 3 times, many of them would just quit and the zone would dry out. Many many times we actually swapped faction mid-night because of this happening, but we can't do that every 15-20 minutes. If you saw TUP on the dominant faction at any time, it was likely at a time where people were quitting because of being farmed.

Nothing against tup they got Really Good organized wbs but tup isnt looking for Good fights they just Farm rr by Killing pugs and thats no Secret.
You want Good Fights well then Fight against organized wbs instead Farming pugs, its a Really wierd Thing that i Never Saw tup vs phalanx , and its nothing about Side Balance destro is hard outnumbered and i saw still phalanx and tup in Order. Let you grow balls. ..... the sad Thing is the Skill is there but cojones small oh seems...

TUP did its last raids in early May, and has been on an "indefinite hiatus"(tm) ever since (unlimited summer break/coma/deepsleep...)
Phalanx has been dead for at least a month due to Hao being banned for server, maybe the have some activity on other server, I don't know.
We fought Phalanx on numerous occasions throughout last spring and last autumn. I still have several (+4) terabytes of game footage from most of our raids during all those months, but I seriously do not care to comb through hundreds of hours of gameplay to prove someone wrong in some internet debate...
We had set days, every Mon, every Wed and then some variation of more warband raids on Tues/Thu/Sat/Sun which were occasionally shifted around. Phalanx might have had somewhat different schedules, yet we encountered them dozens of times over numerous months, sometimes we won, sometimes they won. Sometimes they did their own things, sometimes we did our own things. At times they were maybe just a 12man or 18man and didn't thus try to take on our 24man/30man warbands (+insane pugtails who insisted on following us despite us doing best to shake them off at times...like jumping from a bridge and 50 pugs jump as well to their deaths)
Eventually come March/April, we figured we had limited chance to get good fights against Order when we fielded our max geared high rr players fully optimized guild premade warband, so we jumped sides and decided to do more warband raids on orderside. Yet, occasionally we still met Phalanx who would then log at times Destro so we would again meet in differing conditions in RvR, maybe they having 12man or 18man or varying setups, with random pugtails following each warband on their respective sides as usual.
You could always go watch some of our youtube videos and witness us at times fighting against Phalanx... or you could take a big shovel and then open two graves called "TUP" and "Phalanx" and dig up their corpses and cast a necromancy spell and watch them fight. ;)

Darks63

Post#96 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 pm
Deadkiller wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

TUP did its last raids in early May, and has been on an "indefinite hiatus"(tm) ever since (unlimited summer break/coma/deepsleep...)
Phalanx has been dead for at least a month due to Hao being banned for server, maybe the have some activity on other server, I don't know.
We fought Phalanx on numerous occasions throughout last spring and last autumn. I still have several (+4) terabytes of game footage from most of our raids during all those months, but I seriously do not care to comb through hundreds of hours of gameplay to prove someone wrong in some internet debate...
We had set days, every Mon, every Wed and then some variation of more warband raids on Tues/Thu/Sat/Sun which were occasionally shifted around. Phalanx might have had somewhat different schedules, yet we encountered them dozens of times over numerous months, sometimes we won, sometimes they won. Sometimes they did their own things, sometimes we did our own things. At times they were maybe just a 12man or 18man and didn't thus try to take on our 24man/30man warbands (+insane pugtails who insisted on following us despite us doing best to shake them off at times...like jumping from a bridge and 50 pugs jump as well to their deaths)
Eventually come March/April, we figured we had limited chance to get good fights against Order when we fielded our max geared high rr players fully optimized guild premade warband, so we jumped sides and decided to do more warband raids on orderside. Yet, occasionally we still met Phalanx who would then log at times Destro so we would again meet in differing conditions in RvR, maybe they having 12man or 18man or varying setups, with random pugtails following each warband on their respective sides as usual.
You could always go watch some of our youtube videos and witness us at times fighting against Phalanx... or you could take a big shovel and then open two graves called "TUP" and "Phalanx" and dig up their corpses and cast a necromancy spell and watch them fight. ;)
It sad how hard the pugs nuthug you guys. I remember one time you guys went into a WC for a 10 min break and the pugs followed and wouldn't leave the whole time till you guys left.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

mogt

Post#97 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 am

if we get the xrealm timer, we see how the playerbase changed at the moment the guilds can switch sides every time, and many guild and players, going the easiest way, with joining the bigger side, for killing and farming without use their brains and that is sad, the players have no strategy but that is very important

Ninjagon

Post#98 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am

Being outnumbered by destro is actually a good thing. It means more targets to BURN!
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Acidic

Post#99 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:56 am

mogt wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 am if we get the xrealm timer, we see how the playerbase changed at the moment the guilds can switch sides every time, and many guild and players, going the easiest way, with joining the bigger side, for killing and farming without use their brains and that is sad, the players have no strategy but that is very important
Would be interesting to see the proof of this. I say that as typically xrealming is not that bad, what typically I see when watching population numbers is a losing side just logs.
The growth of each side on a standard day is relatively stable , when one side is losing the model is (from what I have seen) is they log out but the winning sides population grows at the rate it would anyway.
It’s hard to separate the knee jerk reaction of seeing at 20:00 CET or so and Destro grow and order start getting a bit problem as organized Destro guilds log in and some pug guilds get a rude wipe and log. It can look at though that WB changed sides but other Destro scheduled run started.
In short it’s is hard to follow unless you watch underlying trends or happen to be have the login/out info from server. And they have stated that xrealming is not a significant issue atm

mogt

Post#100 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:39 pm

are you kidding me, the xrealm,is fact, and many players/guild do that, or what you would say if 1 wb complete going orange and logout all at the same time, and in 2 min later i see this people on the oppsite side,with a little bit diffrent names and little bit diffrent guildnames.
or would you say that is normal.

xrealming is a fact a many palyers do that, for one reason, because this zerging (killing eacthother over hours), with this method, they get many rewards for brainless buttons mashing for both charackters. and i see it over months, first thing is zerging over 4- 5 hours, then if it to late a few going offline, and many log to one side, for a outnumberd oppsite side, then they log a zone.

but we see waht the players do, if this xrealm lock timer is implemented, then the playerbase must learn how to play with strategy and communication i hope