Recent Topics

Ads

Faction balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
dur3al

Re: Faction balance.

Post#71 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Acidic wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:09 pm Thought i would show some footage of today in praag , not sure but you probably notice its not detro zerging.

Click here to watch on YouTube

I only saw a bunch of red in this video, and red is destro to me. So Destro was zerging you were saying?
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Ads
Scottx125

Post#72 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:22 am

Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:09 pm Thought i would show some footage of today in praag , not sure but you probably notice its not detro zerging.

Oddly enough today was okay. But that does not change the recent trend of destro zergs and general population imbalance between the factions.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#73 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 am

Pop balance fluctuates.
Create/join a group.
Communicate via voice applications.
Alter tactics and movement based on current situation.
Enjoy the perks of being the underdog.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#74 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:21 am

It would help order's cause if order wb's did not just ride around looking for winnable fights. Even outnumbered a wb can fight smart, rank up a keep and then defend it using additional siege weapons (due to having a higher ranked keep).

It would help if the roaming 6 man groups stopped riding around looking to gank solo players, and actually held a BO when there is a siege, to provide more ammo for the defenders, (or if by some chance you are attacking, for the attackers).

If you fight smarter, with aoo, you get a lot more renown. High renown gain, attracts players to your faction.

On saturday I was in TM in a wb, that was getting ambushed by 2 destro wb's every time we left our keep. And the wb leader kept just riding out, attacking a small force of destro where ever found, and getting smashed from behind.

Oh, for love of god. Always bring supplies back to your keep ASAP. :)

WAR has always been a game where strategy and tactics are needed to succeed. Just straight up riding out to find the enemy and fight, is a losing strategy if you have AAO. You are always fighting the enemy in open battles where the numbers of the enemy always zerg the small force down.

Just my 2 cents.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Wdova

Post#75 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:24 am

Spoiler:
dur3al wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 pm

I only saw a bunch of red in this video, and red is destro to me. So Destro was zerging you were saying?
Yesterday evening I logged at 21:00 or so. Population was 150 order 80 des. I told my self what is going on? We dominated zone and started the siege. Suddenly 70 destro came from nowhere and population was balanced. Since first wipe at destro keep order population slowly died because of more and more wipes until population was 160 des 90 order and we all know how it ended :)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Haho2

Post#76 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 am

Wdova wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:24 am
Spoiler:

Yesterday evening I logged at 21:00 or so. Population was 150 order 80 des. I told my self what is going on? We dominated zone and started the siege. Suddenly 70 destro came from nowhere and population was balanced. Since first wipe at destro keep order population slowly died because of more and more wipes until population was 160 des 90 order and we all know how it ended :)
This story you say, started at BC at 11:00 mabe 10:00, when we (destro) fail in siege at BC. Same situation. After 5 min destro have 160% AAO and Order zerg mabe 10 zones till Prag when you log at 21:00. In Prag we are with AAO stop Order on siege and all of us know what is reason :)
No problem is not population inbalanc, problem is ppl mentality. For lock keep you have 25k rr (20k rr when you dont use buff). Ppl who log in, log character who dominated at time.... i think.
Jetigorakar BO
Tibldorf IB

Acidic

Post#77 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 am

Haho2 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 am
Spoiler:

This story you say, started at BC at 11:00 mabe 10:00, when we (destro) fail in siege at BC. Same situation. After 5 min destro have 160% AAO and Order zerg mabe 10 zones till Prag when you log at 21:00. In Prag we are with AAO stop Order on siege and all of us know what is reason :)
No problem is not population inbalanc, problem is ppl mentality. For lock keep you have 25k rr (20k rr when you dont use buff). Ppl who log in, log character who dominated at time.... i think.
Last night in Praag there were a good few reasons for the pop swing in Praag
A) players log after being l stomped by morals , see , when order were doing it destro casuals leave, destro did it with the organized wb when they came online , keep clearance was clear example of Rolf stomp
B) players have login /out times as you said order were playing siince morning a good Rolf stomp to the back of the head gives them a logical break point
C) warband schedules are different and casuals do stay longer when the organized groups are about

Nidwin

Post#78 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 am

Haho2 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 am
Spoiler:

This story you say, started at BC around 07:00 <> 07:30 when the mighty still not asleep NA + early EU birds + kangoroos/kiwis crazy destruction players started their normal and usual "and now let's break that huge aao we have by breaking and stomping order terribads". And as often, not always of course, we succeeded. We broke order's morale -> dryland for an hour and a half or so -> let's give it a shot and put up a ram -> failed on the inner door -> Exorcist was right as the second ram was a huge tactical mistake as we should have gone back to normal "break order's morale mode" as there was no way for us to take that keep with even numbers on both side.

And as usual I didn't get the order tactic (if you can call that tactic) by stomping a handfull of destro solo players trying to hold Mill and quickly running back to "their keep ?" when the numbers had become even.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Collateral

Post#79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:18 pm And to the comment about we only farm pugs, well how about the destro-guild warbands come out and play then (if they want ofc, if they prefer to coordinate and only engage in 100% winable fights, be my guest. you do you). We were out each night during the event, constantly under aao, but also initiating the fights no matter how many you were, often dieing, and often coming straight back out again. And WE are the problem lol :lol:
What wbs? There are no organized guild wbs left on destro. P&P are too casual, with randoms filling the ranks, same with ocara wbs. Perhaps there are others, like NRM, but honestly I can't remember seeing them, like ever. The leaders are not bad necessarily, but when you have randoms always filling your ranks, you can't have a strategy you know will work most of the time, and you can't have confidence in your followers.

Perhaps there are new guilds that run wbs, I wouldn't know as I'm not playing anymore. But as it sounds, nothing changed much. As many people said, this state of rvr is nothing new, and it constantly switches around. We used to farm aao back in the day and loved it. Being able to take the zone back after keep take with 80 aao was really something. But you can't really do that anymore. Plus, you run out of steam after tryharding so much. 2 years of that is more than enough to call it quits (but it was really fun at the same time, best years on ror). Tbh, I'm not sure if I can recommend that to anyone. Ofc you don't have to go to such levels, but if you don't, you can't really complain either. And that's the 'ultimate' truth about pvp games if you ask me. There will be those who try hard, and those who don't. But the casual population is the one that keeps games alive, no one can deny that. If you make it too hard and time consuming for casuals, your game will die.

So, you either try hard so much that you can feck **** up with 80-100 aao, or you play more casually and mess around with your buddies. Whatever floats your boat. In the end, you will see that things will change again. Devs will make changes to order classes I'm pretty sure. It's not their goal for one faction to dominate the server.

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#80 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 am

Collateral wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 am
Mee has mixed feelungs 'bout dat post.
Image Image