Recent Topics

Ads

Didn't any absorbing skills stack with armor, resist or any decreasing dmg buff, equipment (mitigation)?

Let's talk about... everything else
kam19080

Re: Didn't any absorbing skills stack with armor, resist or any decreasing dmg buff, equipment (mitigation)?

Post#11 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:41 am Working pre crits and since a lot of classes have tactics which increase crit dmg the absorbs are best to counter burst before those multiicators enter in action, for exemple if the dmg became zero any bonus from crits is lost and unless aza correct me it should also stack with toughness pre crits.
Thankyou Tesq,

So that, absorbing skills only stack for toughness for mitigation, right?

Ads
kam19080

Re: Didn't any absorbing skills stack with armor, resist or any decreasing dmg buff, equipment (mitigation)?

Post#12 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:04 pm You can see all this in action plugging in various stats in the bubble calculator on this topic's spreadhseet:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=27314
Thankyou so much

Zxul

Post#13 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:41 am toughness pre crits.
Hmm, making sure if I understood it correctly.

Does toughness mitigates crit dmg before crit multiplier? As in for example, if a class with +50% crit dmg tactic hits me for 100 base, which is reduced by toughness to 50- will the final dmg be 50 + 50% + 50% = 100? Or will it be 100 + 50% + 50% = 200, then -50 toughness mitigation?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Dabbart

Post#14 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:51 pm

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11668

Unless it was fixed and I didn’t notice, absorp still works weird with detaunt and guard. you lose 1/2 your mitigation, but absorp the same amount... I’m still not sure it it’s just a log display error or not...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Azarael

Post#15 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:52 pm

That's not a bug. The log displays the value the shield absorbed at the time its calculation pass was made.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:11 pm

Spoiler:
So, the absorp takes its damage regardless of damage decreases, then you mitigate at the number you “should” of if there was no bubble, and the rest of the damage is detaunted? It’s not the absorp amount that seems weird, but the mitigation.

It just seems weird that you “lose” 50% or your mitigation. Yes, I know bubbles and detaunt/guard aren’t supposed to stack, and it doesn’t appear as if you actually lose anything by being under guard/detaunt(ie take more damage).

Not a large deal, just been open and unanswered for awhile now. Thanks Aza.
Edit: Ramasee explained it. Thanks!
Last edited by Dabbart on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ramasee

Post#17 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Base Damage + Stat Modifier * (Offensive Stat - Target's Toughness) = predamage.

Predamage - absorb = postdamage

Post damage is then modified by %modifiers such as critical hit damage, armor, resistance, guard, etc.

Tesq

Post#18 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:41 am toughness pre crits.
Hmm, making sure if I understood it correctly.

Does toughness mitigates crit dmg before crit multiplier? As in for example, if a class with +50% crit dmg tactic hits me for 100 base, which is reduced by toughness to 50- will the final dmg be 50 + 50% + 50% = 100? Or will it be 100 + 50% + 50% = 200, then -50 toughness mitigation?
Toughness get detract from str immidiatly, so if bw dmg is 700 with int and from toughness is -200 and absorb is 375.

All get removed from base pre crit.
700-200-375= 125 base pre crit

125 x3.5 (bw crit)= 312.5 dmgs

If absorb had worked post crit it would had saved a lot less, usually the stronger the crit multipler is the more the absorb bubble can save.

If it had worked post bubble it would had been

500x3.5==1750-375=1325

Ads
Dabbart

Post#19 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:03 pm Base Damage + Stat Modifier * (Offensive Stat - Target's Toughness) = predamage.

Predamage - absorb = postdamage

Post damage is then modified by %modifiers such as critical hit damage, armor, resistance, guard, etc.
Aha! Thanks mate. I couldn’t get my brain around that.

Zxul

Post#20 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks Tesq, actually makes a noticeable difference for specs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh