Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt

Let's talk about... everything else
neonlol

Re: Disrupt

Post#11 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:12 am

wonshot wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 am When I leveled up my young BW many moons ago, going from level 30-40 in oRvR pug warbands was a nightmare, distrupts everywhere. And I kept getting told to just get as much "less chance to get distrupted" on my gear as possible.

After being best in slot with this priority of gearing, I would still struggle to connect spells to groups of enemies affected by Hold the Line, or single healers with decent distrupt/willpower/Deftdefender.

After testing the new strikethrough, I still see double distrupt on healers after trying to finish someone off with a quick Sear + Nova but not in the same crazy rate as before where it was close to garenteed.

As I heard someone say on coms yeserday; "I got focused down by down ranged dps (played by solid players with ranks) Theres nothing I could do" And I thourght tomyself, thats the game how I remembered it from Live. That maybe you couldnt take down someone speced defensivly on your own, but if you had more assisting the target down it was possible. And that is honestly how I perfer it. Very BW biased ofc.
This just isn't how it worked on live. Sure taking down healers was hard, but here you can't even target them. It feels like the 1v1 viability of BW is also down the drain when you instantly lose the fight because of 1 disrupt. That would happen on live yes, but here it happens like 8 out of 10 times, instead of 2 out of 10.

Ads
Acidic

Post#12 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:49 am

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am
saupreusse wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:00 am The people just seem to like laughing about newbies more than helping them out. We just released a rr ability that lets you spend points into "strikethrough". I recommend trying it out :) The rr trainer is located in your factions city.
Well, it never was a problem for direct BW, because of Burn Through. It's first time I see someone surprised with "disrupt" when playing BW. I was just way too excited.
Read the first post and thought it was a troll
But I guess you might remember from live lotd stuff versus not so well equipped ppl

Renork

Post#13 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:11 pm

The disrupt rate is very high, so true strike was added but was just changed to cost 45 points, so it really isn't worth it.

wonshot

Post#14 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm

My impression after the big distrupt change (while gearing):
"Danm this is just no fun, either I let go of the class now or stick it out till im fully geared"

My impression after the distrupt change (fully geared rr40-50):
"okay now I can kill lesser geared players, and sometimes connect my damage on healers but rarely"

My impression after friday's Truestrike (geared and high RR):
"okay healers sometimes distrupt but i feel back in the game, and (too?) powerful"

My impression after the reknownpoint cost hotfix to Truestrike:
"uhhh, I liked it on Friday, but do I reeeeally want to spend that many point on just one thing?"

I think its getting close to a ballance were casters are not back in the old drivingseat, but also where healers are just not close to immortal vs casters. Still requires gear and RR to get the strikethrough, so for new chars or players its gonna be rough.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

lefze
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:38 pm

It's not really as big an issue as some people make it out to be. There needs to be a decent amount of disrupt as certain classes would just completely burn everything even through guard/bad guardpunts otherwise. Healers are a bit over the top, but even the decent ones are killable solo with a good silence. On the other hand, no good healer should ever die to a single dps, and I think the people complaining the loudest expect to be able to do just that.

Right now you might not be able to timestamp everyone on the first try on your own, but while assisting even a partial burst is enough to kill most things with the right punts. And if that fails it means the target and his mates play well enough to warrant a couple more tries, eventually enough of your burst lands to obliterate them.

And of course unguarded/detauntless stuff dies as hard as ever, sorc/bw are still the ultimate pugfarmers.
Rip Phalanx

Gmaw

Post#16 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Burn through is very very good

Foomy44

Post#17 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:10 pm

neonlol wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:42 am I don't understand, this is funny? Am I missing something?
Disrupt has been this way for a while. You choose to complain about it on forums less than 24 hours after a hotfix was implemented to give everyone the ability to take disrupt strike thru from renown mastery points, so basically right now you have more ways to deal with it than yesterday so the timing of your complaint is a little funny yes. Also if you think it's bad on BW try playing a dps shammy.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

qwerty113

Post#18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am
saupreusse wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:00 am The people just seem to like laughing about newbies more than helping them out. We just released a rr ability that lets you spend points into "strikethrough". I recommend trying it out :) The rr trainer is located in your factions city.
Well, it never was a problem for direct BW, because of Burn Through. It's first time I see someone surprised with "disrupt" when playing BW. I was just way too excited.
Hey joking hero, you think bw combo its spam fireball with burnthrow tactic ?! Its 7 abilities and fireball even isn't in it. And yes rr strikethrow passive is a reason to solve high disrupt rate, thanks to devs for it.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
Gmaw

Post#19 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Burn through effects pyroclastic surge not just fireball and with flash fire proc you` ll make use of it .With Close quarters slotted even more

qwerty113

Post#20 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Gmaw wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:19 pm Burn through effects pyroclastic surge not just fireball and with flash fire proc you` ll make use of it .With Close quarters slotted even more
close quarters nice but you should be good survivable what you cant say about this days gear on rdd.. Bw should hold distance always, flashfire absolute useless tactic, except aoe build in wb if only. You could better set moral tactic instead of flashfire or ap tactic +30 on hit
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread