Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt

Let's talk about... everything else
Ugle

Re: Disrupt

Post#41 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:44 am Alternatively you could peg a desirable level of Willpower and adjust the base heal and willpower coefficients of heals so that at this level of Willpower, heals perform as they do now, above it, they are better, and below it, they are weaker.
So what you're saying is basically "todays willpower coefficients are too low, base heals are too high and healers should have to choose between healing output and surviving unlike today." Will be fun reading forums when this happens.
inactive

Ads
Azarael

Post#42 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Excellent misrepresentation. Nowhere did I say the level to which Willpower should be pegged would be 700 or 1050. You could easily make Willpower work by pegging it at whatever value defensive heal builds use right now, which could be as low as 300 or 400, and then adjusting scaling so that having more Willpower would give you a proper tradeoff between heal power and durability.

On the previous page, I'm reminded why "listening to the community" is such a painful thing. I get the impression that True Strike isn't the solution, so I revert the calculation, only to find out that people now apparently prefer the way it is now. Making a decision is all but impossible.

EDIT: I've just realized that you didn't misrepresent anything. I won't edit the post to cover the mistake, but I initially read it as a criticism so I responded that way. My bad!

Reesh

Post#43 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Just for the future, forums work in a way humans work.

If everything is alright, they won't say most likely: "hey, you're doing a fantastic job!".

However, they'll surely criticise you for even the slightest thing.

Same goes to class balance. If the guy who mains the healer, is happy with the current state of casters - reads that they're still **** - he's happy inside of his soul, that he don't need to worry and change anything about his gear/build/rr spec, since Magic damage is outta the the question.

Basically, he won't say a thing, as he's still smiling.

However, change something to give classes that were useless for past year or more a chance...
And you'll hear a moan from those, who were smiling for a long time in shadows.

Simple as that.

Ugle

Post#44 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Thats how misrepresentation looks ;)
inactive

Azarael

Post#45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Reesh wrote:...
Sigh, I know. But what am I supposed to do when I only ever hear from the people who are dissatisfied? I said I would listen to feedback, but if I'm mostly getting the negative feedback here, that causes a pendulum effect and constant flip flopping if I react, and accusations of being a tyrant if I don't.

I have the reversion to the formula already in the repo, so I need to know whether or not we are going to stick with TS and the current formula sometime soon.
Ugle wrote:Thats how misrepresentation looks ;)
It really is... I jumped down your throat there, sorry. I assumed you were suggesting I was going to break healers if I made Willpower useful.

dansari

Post#46 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

I personally think TS is fine how it is now. The investment is worth it outside of being disrupted by heavy wp healers, but that's the counter. However, who's to say it's going to be better or worse than a game state we haven't played with in a long time? Who among us has actually played a tank, a healer, a mage, a physical rdps, and an mdps (preferably across both realms) enough to have an informed decision on game balance since TS was introduced? I'm all for trying things out quickly, but they should be able to be reverted or tweaked easily.
<Salt Factory>

SmackdownNinja

Post#47 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Just revert the avoidance changes and remove TS. Disrupt was never a problem before the avoidance changes. TS with the old avoidance will cause even more imbalances down the road that will need to be addressed.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ramasee

Post#48 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Lowering base healing values and increasing their willpower coefficients would make it easier on the team to balance DPS-specced healers since you do not have to worry about the off healing as much.

Depending on where the equilibrium point (how much willpower to get equal levels of healing with current base amount of willpower given by conq) is set, it could allow for healers to make up for the loss of avoidance all around by reverting the avoidance formulas. Set too high, and healers get even squishier or worse heal like wet noodles. Set too low and healing could become too powerful.

I can get for you mathmatical information on the reduction of effective healing coefficients across most order classes in ST and AoE environment due to proposed reversion of the avoidance formulas by changing my spreadsheet formula to it and going through bis and 2nd bis gear for the classes. My spreadsheet however is not set up for destro, and would take significantly more time to do so. Perhaps someone else could do so.

=====
As for your mental sanity while taking feedback, Azarael, you kind of just have to remove your emotions towards us. Turn any negative emotions directed at you by the playerbase as the person loves the game enough to have and voice an emotion about a change, and then ignore it. Take logical ideas and feedback that makes sense to you, even from douchebags, as long as it is sound information. Then realize there are at least 700 people who play this game every week who don't complain and just enjoy themselves.

Ads
geezereur

Post#49 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:22 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm Just revert the avoidance changes and remove TS. Disrupt was never a problem before the avoidance changes. TS with the old avoidance will cause even more imbalances down the road that will need to be addressed.
I agree with this guy, people never said anything before the avoidance changes.

Renork

Post#50 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Reesh wrote:...
Sigh, I know. But what am I supposed to do when I only ever hear from the people who are dissatisfied? I said I would listen to feedback, but if I'm mostly getting the negative feedback here, that causes a pendulum effect and constant flip flopping if I react, and accusations of being a tyrant if I don't.

I have the reversion to the formula already in the repo, so I need to know whether or not we are going to stick with TS and the current formula sometime soon.
Ugle wrote:Thats how misrepresentation looks ;)
It really is... I jumped down your throat there, sorry. I assumed you were suggesting I was going to break healers if I made Willpower useful.
Remove TS and revert the changes (which is the reason why we're having this discussion in the first place, isn't it?). No one should have to invest 45 points to be able to target a specific class, no one. The people against the change are those playing tanks, mdps and healers because they are oh so fearful the meta will favor casters, but that can be tweaked as things progress. The whole idea of "only mdps should target healers" is nonsensical.