Recent Topics

Ads

Disrupt

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: Disrupt

Post#51 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm

With DoTs disrupt being reverted I am going to have to find a new way to play SL. Just getting blown off the map even more now. Lol buff 2h tree by switching strikethrough for +10% disrupt (half-joking).
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
MedV

Post#52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Reesh wrote:...
Sigh, I know. But what am I supposed to do when I only ever hear from the people who are dissatisfied? I said I would listen to feedback, but if I'm mostly getting the negative feedback here, that causes a pendulum effect and constant flip flopping if I react, and accusations of being a tyrant if I don't.

I have the reversion to the formula already in the repo, so I need to know whether or not we are going to stick with TS and the current formula sometime soon.
Ugle wrote:Thats how misrepresentation looks ;)
It really is... I jumped down your throat there, sorry. I assumed you were suggesting I was going to break healers if I made Willpower useful.
Why not make a forum section for voting. Leave up the post for a while. At least then youll have concrete proof you are doing what the community said. Also if you send out a GM announcement in game when a new poll is live, youll bring more people to the forums as a side benefit.
The King.

Renork

Post#53 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm

MedV wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm
Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Reesh wrote:...
Sigh, I know. But what am I supposed to do when I only ever hear from the people who are dissatisfied? I said I would listen to feedback, but if I'm mostly getting the negative feedback here, that causes a pendulum effect and constant flip flopping if I react, and accusations of being a tyrant if I don't.

I have the reversion to the formula already in the repo, so I need to know whether or not we are going to stick with TS and the current formula sometime soon.
Ugle wrote:Thats how misrepresentation looks ;)
It really is... I jumped down your throat there, sorry. I assumed you were suggesting I was going to break healers if I made Willpower useful.
Why not make a forum section for voting. Leave up the post for a while. At least then youll have concrete proof you are doing what the community said. Also if you send out a GM announcement in game when a new poll is live, youll bring more people to the forums as a side benefit.
This is a good idea. A lot of people are still not comfortable with coming back to the forums, and a lot of players don't even visit the forums. A server wide announcement about an upcoming poll regarding disrupt would be very nice.

Vayra

Post#54 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I agree with reverting the change. Either that or casters need a massive damage increase for when they do hit.

As a general rule I would say that mitigation is a better tool for balancing damage than complete avoidance. If casters are doing too much damage after the revert, look into the availability of resists and/or the soft/hard caps for it. Even if the total damage done remains the same as now, it won't feel as bad for casters since they'll be doing consistent damage instead of highly variable damage based on which abilities get defended and which don't.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Tesq

Post#55 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:54 pm

dansari wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm I personally think TS is fine how it is now. The investment is worth it outside of being disrupted by heavy wp healers, but that's the counter. However, who's to say it's going to be better or worse than a game state we haven't played with in a long time? Who among us has actually played a tank, a healer, a mage, a physical rdps, and an mdps (preferably across both realms) enough to have an informed decision on game balance since TS was introduced? I'm all for trying things out quickly, but they should be able to be reverted or tweaked easily.
i agree TS is a choice which should be there for any class (it's customization) : hit harder or hit more; The disrupt problem is only on healers and not on all classes, @aza regarding disrupt on all classes exept healers there has been no change from 1.4.8 between archtype. Healers on the other hand post change they came with willpower for base stacked to 700 with potions, imo the problem is there becase this is the ONLY difference between archtype which is in place normally. Cut that value that disrupt recive from willpower half

-it's easy to do
-easy to test
-wont impact other archtype / change the game balance
-it will leave in place the ror stats calucaltion which mean wep skill,willp,ini are not useless when stacked as in live.

it's just about tone down willp a bit imo, again is easy to test... anyway nothing prohibit you to do small test here and there ppl will appreciate anyway if somethinhg get try about willp, dosent matter what, just do small tests and dont ignore any option something will sort out in the end.

sidenote: a responsable for this disrupt issue is also conqueror def proc +10% to all avoidance; remove that proc which healers never even had on sovereign in live may be a good step too. With that bonuses my dok could stay in 50% and of course it can proc on disrupt too, so that + detaunt can make any healers a nightmare to kill for any M.dps (wp can go to 60%)
Again that proc is something healers should have not access to.