Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed Buttons addon

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: Nerfed Buttons addon

Post#21 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:54 am

Assist Macro didn't work here when i started playing on RoR and premades managed without it by calling targets. Assist macro helps pugs much more then premades. As it removes the voicecom requirement. NB function in the same way as it helps equate the field of hardware.

Even if conditionals are removed I can program GFtSS and Slasha on the same Key with Slasha on a 10ms Delay, that way it will test GFTSS before Slasha and if GFTSS fails due positional requirement Slasha will go of instead by same mouse click coz of ICD isn't triggered on fails. Removing NB and you end up profiting people that can do stuff like this. I also use a Razer Naga 12 button mouse and Scythe footpedal to play the game. (On the rare ocasions that I do play these days). I have a masssive advantage in hardware over someone who doesn't. I don's use NB btw.

I also used to play with a friend that wouldn't even be able to play this game if it weren't for NB due to complications from reumatism.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:15 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:54 am Assist Macro didn't work here when i started playing on RoR and premades managed without it by calling targets. Assist macro helps pugs much more then premades. As it removes the voicecom requirement. NB function in the same way as it helps equate the field of hardware.

Even if conditionals are removed I can program GFtSS and Slasha on the same Key with Slasha on a 10ms Delay, that way it will test GFTSS before Slasha and if GFTSS fails due positional requirement Slasha will go of instead by same mouse click coz of ICD isn't triggered on fails. Removing NB and you end up profiting people that can do stuff like this. I also use a Razer Naga 12 button mouse and Scythe footpedal to play the game. (On the rare ocasions that I do play these days). I have a masssive advantage in hardware over someone who doesn't. I don's use NB btw.

I also used to play with a friend that wouldn't even be able to play this game if it weren't for NB due to complications from reumatism.
Sure, but you managed without it out of necessity; doesn't negate from the fact that assist is integral when focusing someone down, and a needed mechanic. Personally, I would hate having to rely on wars buggy tab targeting to focus people.

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:30 am

And by same logic people would hate having NB removed due to a clutter combat system of skills. But they will still manage by necessity.

I belive more in merging of skills tbh. There are tons of skills and tactics out there that are plain crapp. Merging stuff together will get around NB aswell.

altharion1
Banned

Post#24 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

I was born with only two fingers on each hand, and no thumb on my mouse hand. Nerfed buttons makes this game playable for me. Without it i dont think i could continue.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 am

to make it clear, we are not against sequencing of skills, what makes NB terrible is the decision making it can do in its conditionals.

Telen
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 am

I dont know how it goes with other classes but I have all my dots on one button.I still have all 15 buttons on my mouse bound though. I suppose you could just put all your abilities on a couple of buttons. A full rotation and a burst rotation but it would really gimp from being good due to rarely using the optimal skill. Even with 3 dots on a button I know I dont use the optimal application pattern alot of the time but its just easier than trying to squeeze in 3 more binds somewhere.
Compare that to wow, gw2 or swtor where I can get by with everything on less than the 12 naga panel for any class without any need for macros. I think Wars ability bloat was the reason they put in so much lua macro control. I honestly have no idea how anyone would even begin to play war without a naga.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am

Spoiler:
If you ain't using macros in Arenas then you're doing something wrong (unless you're referring to raiding).

Telen
Suspended

Post#28 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:59 am

I dont bother with castsequence macros. Not enough abilities and after this patch all cd are on gcd so no need to macro them either.

Ads
Darks63

Post#29 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Telen wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 am I dont know how it goes with other classes but I have all my dots on one button.I still have all 15 buttons on my mouse bound though. I suppose you could just put all your abilities on a couple of buttons. A full rotation and a burst rotation but it would really gimp from being good due to rarely using the optimal skill. Even with 3 dots on a button I know I dont use the optimal application pattern alot of the time but its just easier than trying to squeeze in 3 more binds somewhere.
Compare that to wow, gw2 or swtor where I can get by with everything on less than the 12 naga panel for any class without any need for macros. I think Wars ability bloat was the reason they put in so much lua macro control. I honestly have no idea how anyone would even begin to play war without a naga.
on an engine and magus even a Naga isn't enough sadly.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Sophia
Banned

Post#30 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm

nb > skill.

i hope ror team get rid of this cancer soon to save warhammer online age of reckoning !
Hao of Phalanx.