Recent Topics

Ads

Healer long-term choice (with dps perspective)

Let's talk about... everything else
dalinvar

Healer long-term choice (with dps perspective)

Post#1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 am

Hey guys,

i've tested some chars and I figure out i'm having fun with heals. But I would be able when high RR to DPS build myself when i get bored from heals. My idea is to have fun with heals while lvling (it is easy to lvl as healer and i'm having fun) and be able to respec times to times in t4 endgame when i want to change gamestyle for a while, alternating between heal and dps build.

Do you have any suggestion in which healer to go? (solo roaming, scenario and sometimes open-warband)

I know healers-dps is not that high, but still don't want to waste time with a class that really can't afford that. Can't play that much so I would like to focus on 1 single class.

Actually I've tested zealot, shammy and wp.
Please note that I am not going with am/dok because they looks to pajamas/emo for me :lol:

Any build/info will be apporeciated, thanks

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Healer long-term choice (with dps perspective)

Post#2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:58 am

shaman

dshdf

Post#3 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 am

shaman if you wanna ranged, wp if melee

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:13 am

You already skipped the most common dd heal classes. ^^
Don't let yourself get fooled by the T1 starter appearance of both classes.
Dying is no option.

Mcgotrek

Post#5 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:33 am

I've had a lot of fun with dps builds on my shaman and on my rune priest, both solo and wb scale. Especially, rp's aoe heal debuff (RoN) in large scale fighting is a fun and even important ability.
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

dalinvar

Post#6 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:26 am

:)
Mcgotrek wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:33 am I've had a lot of fun with dps builds on my shaman and on my rune priest, both solo and wb scale. Especially, rp's aoe heal debuff (RoN) in large scale fighting is a fun and even important ability.
Actually I cant decide between shaman/rp/zea, have all of them at lvl 15+, thats why I've opened this thread.

I like them all and cant find a real motivation to go with one rather than the other.. anyeays thanks for replies guys

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am

shaman completely trumps the other two for single target dps and aoe burst. the other two have better aoe sustained and aoe utility via hd.

for solo or 6man I would suggest shaman.

dshdf

Post#8 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am shaman completely trumps the other two for single target dps and aoe burst. the other two have better aoe sustained and aoe utility via hd.

also after last patch shaman aoe ulitily is close to rp/zeal due to massive blessing dispell and in the same time better HPS. I would say that even in wb scale dps shaman aint worse than rp/zeal now.

Ads
dalinvar

Post#9 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am shaman completely trumps the other two for single target dps and aoe burst. the other two have better aoe sustained and aoe utility via hd.

In terms of aoe, is shama>rp&zea? Would be funny to try aoe spam spec, im thinking about scenarios and openwarband.

So I read on the forum regarding rp & zea that if you specc for dps with 1 skill (the one rhat switch dps-heal) you are able to heal as well if needed. Thats what i like, to swith easily between dps and heals.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Shaman has the highest aoe dps potential with it's 13pointer of any healer archetype: bring a BO/Choppa for CD reduction, use elemental debuffs, and spam DWiC.

However, Zealot has better sustained and more aoe abilities. If Shaman isn't paired with 5 sec CD reduction, Zealot will do more aoe dps.