Recent Topics

Ads

Questions regarding future of RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Ugle

Re: Questions regarding future of RoR

Post#31 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Gravord wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Ugle wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:13 pm The only thing of importance that is changed from live is the crit dmg tactic, which was a necessary change to make melee SW anything close to viable. What you dont see from the pic is the <80 toughness or the <6k hp the SW runs to be able to get these crit numbers. Also if you dont get the crits off, its a wet noodle hitting you. This cuts your spec variants pretty much down to one, unlike what other dedicated melee classed can spec. Would also like to know what the "ton of other things" a SW can do. :)
You do realize half actual meles doesnt even have crit tactic right? And SW is highest ini debuffing class in game on his spammable. He have mad armor value, high defenses, self knock and list goes on. Sure its one viable spec as melee, thats more than some melees with 3 melee lines can say ;) And why you need more specs if one overperform any other avaiable for melee classes that doesnt have option to do range dps?
If spammable 2k is "anything close to viable" for you maybe you should try play other melees and see how much they can get and how viable they are in comparision ;)
Other ton of things? Lets see: range silence, disarm, no cd heal debuff without stance requirement, armor debuff, range snare, mad damage range finisher if target is getting away, range dot to apply before range heal debuff while aproaching target, option to self buff own WS and INI giving it unreal values in comparision to other classes, melee interrupt, 25% dmg buffer on mere 30s cd (mara 1min), melee kd, teleport to enemy buffing you insanely, triple AA buff making it 1k crits each gcd. Looks like a solid ton of things to me. All avaiable in one spec. Only really bad player would not use it for insane results.
I could spend time on debunking all your arguments for it being OP. Most of what you write is outright wrong or you neglect to add the limiting components of the skills/tactics you claim is OP. In addition your comparisons towards other classes is skewed. But cba to spend more time on someone who have obviously never played the class and dont know what they talk about.. Just hope the devs see through your l2p issues instead of nerfing something that is perfectly balanced. Hf trolling the forum ;)
inactive

Ads
Gravord

Post#32 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:42 pm
Gravord wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Ugle wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:13 pm The only thing of importance that is changed from live is the crit dmg tactic, which was a necessary change to make melee SW anything close to viable. What you dont see from the pic is the <80 toughness or the <6k hp the SW runs to be able to get these crit numbers. Also if you dont get the crits off, its a wet noodle hitting you. This cuts your spec variants pretty much down to one, unlike what other dedicated melee classed can spec. Would also like to know what the "ton of other things" a SW can do. :)
You do realize half actual meles doesnt even have crit tactic right? And SW is highest ini debuffing class in game on his spammable. He have mad armor value, high defenses, self knock and list goes on. Sure its one viable spec as melee, thats more than some melees with 3 melee lines can say ;) And why you need more specs if one overperform any other avaiable for melee classes that doesnt have option to do range dps?
If spammable 2k is "anything close to viable" for you maybe you should try play other melees and see how much they can get and how viable they are in comparision ;)
Other ton of things? Lets see: range silence, disarm, no cd heal debuff without stance requirement, armor debuff, range snare, mad damage range finisher if target is getting away, range dot to apply before range heal debuff while aproaching target, option to self buff own WS and INI giving it unreal values in comparision to other classes, melee interrupt, 25% dmg buffer on mere 30s cd (mara 1min), melee kd, teleport to enemy buffing you insanely, triple AA buff making it 1k crits each gcd. Looks like a solid ton of things to me. All avaiable in one spec. Only really bad player would not use it for insane results.
I could spend time on debunking all your arguments for it being OP. Most of what you write is outright wrong or you neglect to add the limiting components of the skills/tactics you claim is OP. In addition your comparisons towards other classes is skewed. But cba to spend more time on someone who have obviously never played the class and dont know what they talk about.. Just hope the devs see through your l2p issues instead of nerfing something that is perfectly balanced. Hf trolling the forum ;)
Nice pile of crap. You can write a lot but cba for actual debate huh? No problem, defend your broken op class, this topic wasnt made to discuss it anyway but to find out of its stays in this op state. Maybe ill roll one too some day and 3 shots tanks ;)
And if you dont find it op then only l2p issue here is on your part.

dansari

Post#33 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm

I notice you didn't proc GoM and test those damage numbers. Wrist Slash is now a 25% chance to proc (good change). Toughness on ASW is super low so they're highly susceptible to WE and other ignore armor abilities/tactics; doesn't Mara have a 50% armor bypass tactic? Their wounds are also very low, so they're also susceptible to wounds debuffs. Going full up the Assault tree also means your ranged abilities are limited to 65 feet. You know what else is 65 feet? Mara root, Mara pull. You're also using WW SM to hit BAs every GCD, which would probably be great if you're destro in a 6v6 (if your enemy SM specced WW instead of ED....). But these are all things you know; what you seem not to know is how ASW is now, and instead seem insistent on judging it by how it was last time you played RoR (few months, maybe?)

I'm leaning towards Aza's comment, where testing damage numbers on a solo Mara (that doesn't have GoM proccing) against a duo SM/ASW is about as useful as testing numbers on dummy targets.
<Salt Factory>

Gravord

Post#34 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm I notice you didn't proc GoM and test those damage numbers. Wrist Slash is now a 25% chance to proc (good change). Toughness on ASW is super low so they're highly susceptible to WE and other ignore armor abilities/tactics; doesn't Mara have a 50% armor bypass tactic? Their wounds are also very low, so they're also susceptible to wounds debuffs. Going full up the Assault tree also means your ranged abilities are limited to 65 feet. You know what else is 65 feet? Mara root, Mara pull. You're also using WW SM to hit BAs every GCD, which would probably be great if you're destro in a 6v6 (if your enemy SM specced WW instead of ED....). But these are all things you know; what you seem not to know is how ASW is now, and instead seem insistent on judging it by how it was last time you played RoR (few months, maybe?)

I'm leaning towards Aza's comment, where testing damage numbers on a solo Mara (that doesn't have GoM proccing) against a duo SM/ASW is about as useful as testing numbers on dummy targets.
Another ASW main defending his op state? :) ASW have low toughness? Have you ever tried slayer or choppa? ASW wounds is not lower than the other classes. Limited to 65 feet range abilties, damn, if only my slayer could apply his dot and heal debuff from that range already or use high dmg range finisher if i get snared and enemy is running away :D Hate break it to you but you can also swap stances (like maras had to from 10 years now) and get your full 100 feet range skills too, all options are there if you can use them.
"Only" 25% wrist slash, not a big deal considering its spammable base attack with high tooltip dmg beating mara best skills with actual long cd. Did we mention SW 15% dmg tactic doesnt require hitting enemy from behind as all melees flanking does?
Mara pull? The one you self knock from anytime you want if you decide not to kill said mara this time?

As for me knowing how is SW those days, tested it just today :) With stable 1.9k dmg spam if buffed by SM cd reduce or "mere" 1.6k Grim slashes. Any of that paired with 1k aa each gcd after SW himself triple buff his aa speed and dmg. Dont have to even apply dots he have, everything breaks in 3gcd tops.

Edit: I volunteer for unbiased ASW test, GM/dev can add to my account geared SW and ill take it for a spin, all streamed and recorded. You will have a good point of reference how broken it is in decent party setup played right. Afterwards it can be deleted from my account :)

dansari

Post#35 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Lol haven't played my ASW in about a month. Been busy warbanding with runie or BW... Can you show everyone what GoM proc does to ASW damage? You testing damage today is not what actually occurs in 6v6. Tell you what, instead of volunteering to get a free 40 added to your account, how about you use your ASW, build an order team, and 6v6 Fusion on their destro chars and show us how OP ASW is?
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:11 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:07 pm Lol haven't played my ASW in about a month. Been busy warbanding with runie or BW... Can you show everyone what GoM proc does to ASW damage? You testing damage today is not what actually occurs in 6v6. Tell you what, instead of volunteering to get a free 40 added to your account, how about you use your ASW, build an order team, and 6v6 Fusion on their destro chars and show us how OP ASW is?
Game for this 8-)

Gravord

Post#37 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:11 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:07 pm Lol haven't played my ASW in about a month. Been busy warbanding with runie or BW... Can you show everyone what GoM proc does to ASW damage? You testing damage today is not what actually occurs in 6v6. Tell you what, instead of volunteering to get a free 40 added to your account, how about you use your ASW, build an order team, and 6v6 Fusion on their destro chars and show us how OP ASW is?
I would but not so fond of wasting few weeks to level a char just to prove to ASW users how op they are ;) How about for the sake of fair balance and scientific proof give me that temporary free char and i prove it to you tommorow vs said Fusion premade? :)

theoddone

Post#38 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Have to say GoM argument is kinda funny.
Is GoM up all the time for mara's?
Oh wait, its a proc chance. But that argument is only viable with explaining that wrist slash tatic is not OP :lol:
-Theo

Ads
dansari

Post#39 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm

theoddone wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 pm Have to say GoM argument is kinda funny.
Oh wait, its a proc chance. But that argument is only viable with explaining that wrist slash tatic is not OP :lol:
Is negating my 900 weaponskill equivalent to decreasing your init by 80 and your ws by 120? Oh and mine's a tactic and yours is passive with a stance.... if you really want to get into specific tools.
<Salt Factory>

Gravord

Post#40 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 pm

dansari wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm
theoddone wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 pm Have to say GoM argument is kinda funny.
Is negating my 900 weaponskill equivalent to decreasing your init by 80 and your ws by 120? Oh and mine's a tactic and yours is passive with a stance.... if you really want to get into specific tools.
Which means nothing if you have skill and moral armor debuff because 0 armor non penetrated still mitigate 0 dmg ;)