Recent Topics

Ads

Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Let's talk about... everything else
TenTonHammer

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if Chosen were like this...

Post#41 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:49 pm Chosen already have extremely strong auras. No thanks.

You want hulksmash damage? Then give up your auras.
You di know that chosen and kotbs are being reworked and that one of the tho gs being addressed is the ease of application and power of auras right?

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#42 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am

Y'all know you can get damn good damage on a chosen if you dont spec toughness, block, and all the other defensive measures. This goes for any tank. Played a chosen for a bit and I specced the same way I would spec a WE, and my damage was AMAZING. Dint last long... but hey ... "You Can't Have great Defense and Amazing offense in a tank. "

Now granted, I left my chosen at level 22 over a year ago, but that is because I personalty found all my destro toons to be be OP and no challenge to play. But that is me. I am not projecting this on anyone who cries that any destro class needs help, nor am I implying that destro classes do not need work. They do.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

TenTonHammer

Post#43 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 am

i personally was talking in the context of 2H chosen which really feels underwhelming compared to 2H BG and BO

Smellybelly

Post#44 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:51 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:49 pm Chosen already have extremely strong auras. No thanks.

You want hulksmash damage? Then give up your auras.
You didnt get the memo? Chosen/Knight mechanic is being reworked and thusly, this conversation started

Mystry
Suspended

Post#45 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 am

drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am I personalty found all my destro toons to be be OP and no challenge to play.
I'm screenshotting this as proof that Destro classes are OP and a Destro player even admits it.

Also yes, I know Chosen/KOTBS will be getting a rework (eventually). I look forward to seeing how they turn out. I don't see them getting high dps capabilities though, since Black Orc/Swordmaster are already the "dps" tanks in that they have 2 handed options for great damage.

Foomy44

Post#46 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:27 am

Mystry wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 am
drmordread wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 am I personalty found all my destro toons to be be OP and no challenge to play.
I'm screenshotting this as proof that Destro classes are OP and a Destro player even admits it.
All my order toons are OP and easy to play. There, now we got proof that both sides are balanced. That was easy.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Sulorie

Post#47 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 am

Smellybelly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:12 am Crit multiplier(or some sort of smultiplier based on strenght ish) between all classes differ, and chosen/knight have the lowest of them all.
The base crit dmg bonus is the same for all classes. The only difference might be base damage on similar skills, like the latest adjustments to mirror damage among healer classes.
Some may argue that their whole buff value to all group members at once has to result in lower damage capabilities.
Dying is no option.

Smellybelly

Post#48 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 am
Smellybelly wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:12 am Crit multiplier(or some sort of smultiplier based on strenght ish) between all classes differ, and chosen/knight have the lowest of them all.
The base crit dmg bonus is the same for all classes. The only difference might be base damage on similar skills, like the latest adjustments to mirror damage among healer classes.
Some may argue that their whole buff value to all group members at once has to result in lower damage capabilities.
Crit perhaps, but dmg modifier based on strenght is something else. How can you otherwise see same tooltip dmg from different classes and they do vastly different damage against the same target (same toughness, armor etc)
and with the same strenght on the characters?

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#49 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:19 am

Aerogath wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:44 pm Hes was like the Chosen in the Video on Live ... good that they nerfed him hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcTWzdlCACU
Right off the bat, did you notice the CRIT bonus of +39? That is combined armor set bonuses, crit tallies and an endless supply of Crit Liniments (granted at some nice hefty costs). If we (edit: could combine the crit bonuses of multiple armor sets) and had crit talismans, and liniments on the same level as we did on live, (linis also increased strength or WS, players choice), we would not be having this discussion. Yes, I know you can get liniments like that in Dungeons but not everyone does dungeons.

Anyway, as much fun as it was watching that vid, I believe that RoR has moved so far away from the Live system of combat, that the two can not be used in comparison anymore.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#50 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Mystry wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 am

Yeah except for the part where admits he only got it to level 22, so in other words he barely played it at all.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!