Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Valfaros

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#231 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 pm Nope.

This situation is untenable we all know it. We -in the team-, ALL admit we will have to make some structural changes. (see? I give the point to the invisible man.)

Our right of reply has been violated last night, and we took note our opinion was not welcome. So unless Torque himself consider there is any reason to give his own, case is closed until further notice.

This will take some time, and you will be informed when things will be clear and structured appropriately.

But please stop acting like peons running after Frankenstein. It does not grow you. The longer this thread is, the ridiculous it becomes.

Waiting this, calm down.
Your right of reply has been violated? Az hasn't posted his evidence but based on what he said this was going on for quite some time. Therefore you had plenty of time to raise your voice about the topic and discuss. He obviously had all this concerns he wanted to bring and knew if interrupted he won't be able to get to them all. Your guys opinion was very welcome when this stuff happend (some of it in his absence) but you instead choose to ignored it. I wouldn't believe any of you saying you didn't knew there were problems with torq and if so that's just deliberately looking away.

Torqs hostile behavior to the community wasn't a secret and still nothing was done. I always thought it was "only" towards the community and even there to rather insulting people but his tone still pushed me away from the game. I don't like that "cross my way and you're out" tone. It just gives you a bad taste about the whole game. Especially if a certain dev thinks it's okay to harass people in chat in order to get them banned. That kind of power play and threatening of a player is just the worst and I can not think of any reason to not act on it instantly.

The ban appeal forum was handeld quite similarly. People raised their problem about a ban and the head gm escalates (deliberately or not) the situation into a longer ban. What is that, you either agree with the appeal or not. You certainly try not to make it worse. In several cases I've seen a short ban be exchanged for a longer one. That's not how it's supposed to work. They should be the calm voice trying to solve the problem not make it worse. I know you always say you guys are not professional and "only" volunteers however even volunteers should aim to be the better guy. I've seen several other private servers but I've never seen such a behavioir towards the community and they weren't professional aswell.

Ads
Grognir

Post#232 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm

As our dear old Albert said:

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity”

Cheers guys, keep going! The end of the world as been predicted since Nostradamus and even before, and we are still here... No doubt it will be the same for ROR!

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#233 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 pm

OK I got it. It is too late. Anyone posting his refrain don't look for appeasement.

Cause it is **** to late.

No need to waste my time then trying to discuss. :)

Will wait for the golden son and see.

Telen
Suspended

Post#234 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Seems like whoever was supposed to keep a code of conduct between team members and the actions of team members to players was asleep at the wheel, if there was anyone at all.

wonshot

Post#235 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Am I the only one suppriced people actually dare to speak up now, and are no longer fearing the reactions related to voicing their concirns about this long lasting problems.

Maybe this also speaks to how long this has went on for, and how much needed this really was. I strongly disagree with the method, but if Aza judged it to be the only way it would get the rightful attention for such serious claims.

I personally await what the result will be of this, and am just sad it had to come to this.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

saupreusse
Developer

Post#236 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:00 pm Seems like whoever was supposed to keep a code of conduct between team members and the actions of team members to players was asleep at the wheel, if there was anyone at all.
It was me and i even had talking powers in discord. You will see my push to talk popping up quite frequently but my spoken english is so bad i simply didnt know what to say. On top of it i was too shy to even answer the one question pointed at me because i did not imagine so many ppl to be there. So yeah, i **** up.

Telen
Suspended

Post#237 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 pm Am I the only one suppriced people actually dare to speak up now, and are no longer fearing the reactions related to voicing their concirns about this long lasting problems.

Maybe this also speaks to how long this has went on for, and how much needed this really was. I strongly disagree with the method, but if Aza judged it to be the only way it would get the rightful attention for such serious claims.

I personally await what the result will be of this, and am just sad it had to come to this.
I think one of the benefits of a second server, even considering some of the type of people on it, is that speaking out holds less of a risk.

Telen
Suspended

Post#238 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:13 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm It was me and i even had talking powers in discord. You will see my push to talk popping up quite frequently but my spoken english is so bad i simply didnt know what to say. On top of it i was too shy to even answer the one question pointed at me because i did not imagine so many ppl to be there. So yeah, i **** up.
I think when Az started to demand Torque paid the price, even just starting to sing over it might have been a good idea.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#239 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:16 pm

lefze wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:55 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:46 pm Nope.

This situation is untenable we all know it. We -in the team-, ALL admit we will have to make some structural changes. (see? I give the point to the invisible man.)

Our right of reply has been violated last night, and we took note our opinion was not welcome. So unless Torque himself consider there is any reason to give his own, case is closed until further notice.

This will take some time, and you will be informed when things will be clear and structured appropriately.

But please stop acting like peons running after Frankenstein. It does not grow you. The longer this thread is, the ridiculous it becomes.

Waiting this, calm down.
I hope you are sincere. But then if you were, Torque would be gone from the team, and the issue at hand would be Aza apologizing for stabbing you in the back in the process of removing Torque. And of course, still having the greatest respect anyone could possibly have from a playerbase for doing what was necessary.

Keep Aza or not, the only clear thing here is that Torque does not have any faith from the majority of the playerbase that has any interaction with you guys, no matter how small that portion is compared to the overall number of players.

That being said, only a fool would not keep Aza.
Aza will not be back. Nath said if aza didn't go, he would and the devs side with nath on that.
Alea iacta est

saupreusse
Developer

Post#240 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:13 pm
saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm It was me and i even had talking powers in discord. You will see my push to talk popping up quite frequently but my spoken english is so bad i simply didnt know what to say. On top of it i was too shy to even answer the one question pointed at me because i did not imagine so many ppl to be there. So yeah, i **** up.
I think when Az started to demand Torque paid the price, even just starting to sing over it might have been a good idea.
Mistakes have been made