Recent Topics

Ads

We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#41 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 pm
Caffeine wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm Would love to have it resolved peacefully, but the whole premise of the Q&A was lied about to the leadership, and they essentially setup an uninterrupted list of crimes then demanded Torque be removed.

I'm not sure what's peaceful about that. Really sad.
Do you know why Azarael doesn't have a dev tag on the forum any more?
Because step one is removing the threat. We can negotiate in the future, although I suspect he didn't predict a favorable outcome.
what you mean remove the threat, from when aza is a threat to this project? one cant agree with him on balance but from when he is a threat to the project? also can any re cap what happened?

does something happened during Q/A?
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#42 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:03 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm damn, they didn't answer my question about making IBs bigger
Why would they need to be bigger? They are damn stunties.
give order a frontline, more effective sightblocks like orcs/chosen/mara are for destro. they made BOs bigger on live

Gravord

Post#43 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm damn, they didn't answer my question about making IBs bigger
give order a frontline, more effective sightblocks like orcs/chosen/mara are for destro. they made BOs bigger on live
Bo's should be bigger by the lore, they are black orcs while choppas are savage orcs and should be smaller than bo's. From gameplay perspective i understand it but from lore one, it wouldnt fit at all.
Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Because step one is removing the threat. We can negotiate in the future, although I suspect he didn't predict a favorable outcome.
what you mean remove the threat, from when aza is a threat to this project? one cant agree with him on balance but from when he is a threat to the project? also can any re cap what happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STsMEHsU0PQ

catholicism198

Post#44 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I don't really see how he was a threat...there's one particular threat that's been here for quite a while.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Caffeine wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Could you clarify who exactly expelled him from the team in response to what specific threat?
Sure.

The Q&A was discussed by the team beforehand. There was talk of briefly going over what has changed with Torque in the past couple of months and what we expect to see in the future. Spending 90 minutes uninterrupted to list every single instance in the perspective of the victim with no recourse about the sins of the past that were dealt with, and then demanding he be fired before moving on, WHILE holding keys to source code and internal chats, that comes off like a threat to me and the rest of the team.

Aza had all the time in the world to discuss any of this with the leads before the Q&A. He opted to go nuclear option instead.

Diplomacy is peace. That travesty in the Q&A was a declaration of war. Aza and Asuryan vs the rest of the team.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Eathisword

Post#46 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Ah that would be glorious indeed ! Bigger with magic boots to run faster instead of rolfcopters !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Aurandilaz

Post#47 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Azas return was one of the best things to happen to RoR in a long while (combined with Clientcontrol) - things started looking really promising, maybe things would change, maybe the burnt bridges between the community and staff would be repaired, maybe the pop decline would halt with the new changes and balance shifts... and instead of removing one of the largest problems contributing to RoR's toxic situation - you choose to remove Aza from the team?

I would have prayed for things to happen the other way around, but looks like problems haven't been solved internally, could not be solved externally with Azas long confession... and future just doesn't look as optimistic as it could have been.

.t "warbandshitter"

hulkhug

Post#48 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 pm

does something happened during Q/A?
Short recap:
Aza called out Torque for bullying and harassing people and for not caring about the community and abusing his power. He provided evidence as well (this lasted around 90min).
QA followed then with most interesting questions unanswered. I believe someone posted audio recording if you feel like listening to the drama. Best part was that staff already knew about this but nothing changed
Last edited by hulkhug on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#49 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 pm

After hearing about the livestream, and the slapfight that happened. I think ROR is gonna die sooner than most people thought..

tazdingo

Post#50 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Gravord wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Bo's should be bigger by the lore, they are black orcs while choppas are savage orcs and should be smaller than bo's. From gameplay perspective i understand it but from lore one, it wouldnt fit at all.
from a lore perspective, the biggest and strongest dwarves would be much more likely to be recruited into the ironbreakers, who are basically the hardest of the already super hard dwarves