Recent Topics

Ads

ROR DIARY : RESTRUCTURATION.

Let's talk about... everything else
Nefarian78

Re: ROR DIARY : RESTRUCTURATION.

Post#101 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:17 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:11 am You have removed Aza because of offenses against the team

aza attempted mutiny
silenced all other devs whilst he went on his rant
completely disappeared after the fact
then returned a few days later attempting to blackmail the one man who has given more to this project than any other

are you people intentionally ignoring this?
Are you intentionally ignoring the evidence that was brought up?

Calling the community shitters, abusing and calling other staff members idiots, harassing players multiple times, insulting players for not noticing stealth nerfs, stealth nerfing things, telling the balance forum moderator to wipe his ass with the proposals, use GM commands to move keep lords, give himself free gear, use "tricks" (As a former member of the staff called them) to kill everyone easily in the t4 trailers resulting in said staff member kicking him out of the server, silencing and banning people that discovered he had 200dps weapons in t3, secret vendors outside of Ostland, use of OP items in live server that led him to have his rights revoked for a while.

You're really calling the one that exposed all of this a snake? Meanwhile you're defending the source of all this. Stockholm Syndrome is bad.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#102 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am

Not the community as a whole was called "shitters" but certain individuals, who behaved like this in the first place and in this thread they keep it going. Go, move to your 1.4.8 crap balance apoc server with keep raids and 2 groups on each side. Sounds like fun...not.
Dying is no option.

lefze
Suspended

Post#103 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 am Not the community as a whole was called "shitters" but certain individuals, who behaved like this in the first place and in this thread they keep it going. Go, move to your 1.4.8 crap balance apoc server with keep raids and 2 groups on each side. Sounds like fun...not.
Actually "players" were called shitters. I believe that should cover most of the community. Of course certain people were singled out aswell, but separate incidents. And mind you, the context is waaay more important than the actual word "shitter". Same goes for a lot of the other stuff, context matters. And Apoc aint 1.4.8, it's way worse.
Rip Phalanx

Sulorie

Post#104 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 am

lefze wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am And Apoc aint 1.4.8, it's way worse.
Didn't they say, they want to remove all RoR changes first and start balance from scratch with live server balance as base?
Dying is no option.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#105 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 am

Please stop.

There is no point to be agressive against anyone or about Apocalypse or anything else.

I asked for appeasment. How are we supposed to show to anyone our good will and change if you don't ?

After this point, sanctions will be given or subject will be locked or both.

At least it show we really need an army of morderators :).

lefze
Suspended

Post#106 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 am Please stop.

There is no point to be agressive against anyone or about Apocalypse or anything else.

I asked for appeasment. How are we supposed to show to anyone our good will and change if you don't ?

After this point, sanctions will be given or subject will be locked or both.

I agree. I really hope the restructure goes over well both internally and with the players. You have the stick at this point, just make sure you can pass the finish line with it.

Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 am
lefze wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am And Apoc aint 1.4.8, it's way worse.
Didn't they say, they want to remove all RoR changes first and start balance from scratch with live server balance as base?
They did, but then something weird happened. They are pulling changes from all over the place, reverting live nerfs, rolling back live buffs, and just all around making it into "live like" as they now call it instead of 1.4.8, as a lot of things are implemented from very early patches. It's a complete mess even at this early stage.
Rip Phalanx

Draugris

Post#107 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 am
Which was part of the problem in the past and is part of the problem now. You can delete posts, you can ban people, you can basically suppress anything you do not want to see. Problems won´t go away that way, if you want change, then actually change the root cause and not the visibility of problems.

I wish you luck.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

berneke91

Post#108 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 am

Good post! its pretty clear you lot has been having some leadership issues and its sad that it lead to this current situation. So good on ya for aknowledging the issue and intending to correct it going forward.

There is only one part that i take issue with. Which is the following regarding Torque;

> Is he rude? Sure, he is. Has he tact? Absolutely not. Is he useful? Completely.

I dont think you should have to accept his behaviour. Its not really that hard to behave respectfully and mature towards others, especially when you are all working towards the same goal and are part of the same team!

And I think having a team member that describes himself as "cantankerous" will in the long run be a liability and hindrance to the project going forward, regardless of the fact that he at this very moment is a huge asset and has contributed alot to the project. I think unless change is achieved here it will make it both harder to recruit and retain new talent to the team.

So in my humble opinion, Torque needs to step up his game when it comes to his behaviour and try to achieve a change in it and if he cannot achieve that it might be best to just go your seperate ways.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Ads
daniilpb

Post#109 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:57 am

Draugris wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 am
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:12 am
Which was part of the problem in the past and is part of the problem now. You can delete posts, you can ban people, you can basically suppress anything you do not want to see. Problems won´t go away that way, if you want change, then actually change the root cause and not the visibility of problems.

I wish you luck.
I believe, Yali meant that there should be people who would deal with all the forum stuff through communication and meaningful dialogues. Not through fear, bans and other repressions. But well, who knows...
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Collateral

Post#110 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:59 am

Yes of course you will need an army of moderators after this shitstorm.

I didn't want to get involved in any of this, but I just feel like I have to comment something at least, as I put my time and effort into this game as well.

I was a tester for Gunbad dungeon, among the first ones to join the team. I wanted to help out the team, and was quite excited about it at the time (it was the first dungeon on the server after all). But after I saw the screenshots of how torque talked about us, I wish I was never involved. Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting. I can't believe I helped that man in some way. Had I known more at the time, I would never have gotten involved in testing anything. I knew torque was an 'unruly' individual, but never expected something quite like this. Some of his points are fine (about testers having free roam on dev server, teleporting etc.), but why that tone, that disgustingly repulsive behavior? How anyone can have this person in their work environment is beyond me. No matter how much I like something, I could never work with such a person. Threatening devs, mods, testers etc. is disgusting. It seems as if he's the person who's actually paying for everything, doing the hardest work, but it's clear he's doing none of that. I'm not trying to diminish his work, but Yali, you yourself admitted his lack of coding capabilities.

And no one dares to say anything? Not until now at least. Yali, for the love of the game and the server, you can't have people like this on the team. No team can. If you want to become the leader, you have to sort something out. No matter how much you think you limit him, if he's still on the team, his malice will spread, you can be most sure of that. Does he have you at gunpoint or something? I can't see a logical reason why a team would keep such an individual, while acknowledging their not so great capabilities, and at the same time getting rid of an individual who has shown his qualities in the very first weeks of his return. Baffling. There's a lot of great advice from Genisarius here, and others on the sub reddit, go check them out.

Peace.