Recent Topics

Ads

why we can't level up fast

Let's talk about... everything else
Valarion

Re: why we can't level up fast

Post#41 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 am

I simply dont get this at all and I'd like to destroy this impression of noobs not contributing to T4 rvr or needing to lvl even faster than they already are:

First off, as a healer, even a super low level healer, you are vital to keeping your group alive. If you dont see your value you are doing something seriously wrong here. For example, your rez skill is literally the same Fing ability a RR80 healer has. Spam the living hell out of it and group heals if you have to. Make sure you hot up everything in from max range. Keep better healers alive and rez them if you think you suck that bad.

Second, as a tank, even a super low level tank you are vital to keeping your group alive. Drop that POS 2H, go S&B, guard your group, rotate guard and spam Hold the Line. Be a damn Max Mitigation Meat shield for your team (I call this MMM good spec). Let them know you are guarding them and pro healers will keep you alive. A good tank even a low level tank in full greens is invaluable to a team. If you arent tanky enough, power lvl into a full set of Ruin gear. Ive got 2 tank alts still wearing this set.

Third as dps, spec rdps or aoe. Stay the holy hell away from the front lines, otherwise you are going to get owned and probably hard. Know that you are still contributing by protecting healers and the backlines. Anything jump a squishie, stun, CC or help destroy it. Try to contribute where you can. For example, my low (lvl 25) Sorc right now can still dps support and AoE murder pugs if given enough heals.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
kweedko

Post#42 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:24 am

Valarion wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 am I simply dont get this at all and I'd like to destroy this impression of noobs not contributing to T4 rvr or needing to lvl even faster than they already are:

First off, as a healer, even a super low level healer, you are vital to keeping your group alive. If you dont see your value you are doing something seriously wrong here. For example, your rez skill is literally the same Fing ability a RR80 healer has. Spam the living hell out of it and group heals if you have to. Make sure you hot up everything in from max range. Keep better healers alive and rez them if you think you suck that bad.

Second, as a tank, even a super low level tank you are vital to keeping your group alive. Drop that POS 2H, go S&B, guard your group, rotate guard and spam Hold the Line. Be a damn Max Mitigation Meat shield for your team (I call this MMM good spec). Let them know you are guarding them and pro healers will keep you alive. A good tank even a low level tank in full greens is invaluable to a team. If you arent tanky enough, power lvl into a full set of Ruin gear. Ive got 2 tank alts still wearing this set.

Third as dps, spec rdps or aoe. Stay the holy hell away from the front lines, otherwise you are going to get owned and probably hard. Know that you are still contributing by protecting healers and the backlines. Anything jump a squishie, stun, CC or help destroy it. Try to contribute where you can. For example, my low (lvl 25) Sorc right now can still dps support and AoE murder pugs if given enough heals.
Yeah and the enjoy 12 heals or 12 snb tanks on sc so fun so good. :mrgreen: Moralhammer all the way, even on sc, no thanks, thats not the WAR we loved.

We talking about try new classes new specs, you talking about play one char for years(Those META lovers they never change, only want to drag everybody to their level). :mrgreen:

ashton007

Post#43 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:36 am

Idk i agree for the most part... Its a private server firstly... Youre already doomed to have nothing but casuals for this alone. Its a PvP game secondly (completely balanced around WB supposedly)... Really no one comes here to quest an pve. Thirdly this game has population problems... I also want to include that it makes having alts incredibly slow and annoying and forces everyone to play 1 class or deal with the awful grind to get another.

bichka

Post#44 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:58 am

pve aloows you to progress slowly and test skills/tactic which you are getting during lvling
so there nothing wrong with pve.

also lowbie fights can be funny, unlike insta lvl40 with no clue how to play his class vs premades.

Bozzax

Post#45 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm

If pop decline continues keeping xp grind nor gear grind makes any sense
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

charlysixb

Post#46 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:29 pm

If you think grind in here is bad you should see other games. There can be some tweaks in exp leveling as has been said previously in this thread.
Racial Quests/Quest mobs are giving 300% more exp now btw and you have bolster for RvR so you can group up with your level 40 mates ( No more ghost tier2-3 ) there're still thousands of champions also outside IC to farm.
This is still a MMORPG ( yes PVP/RvR oriented ) but still a MMORPG and i'm gettin' tired of people asking for free instant 40/60rr, free bis gear ( you already gettin' it in RvR ) or **** champion rats.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

oaliaen

Post#47 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:39 pm

i personally thinks questing in ror is a pain in the ass.

Bozzax

Post#48 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:47 pm

This is a PvP game and the only real end game content is other players if the game bleeds players non of the earn it/learn it yadda yadda matters.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#49 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

I don`t see an issue with the current system. Leveling is quick and you can contribute and participate in RvR from rank 16 onwards - the best change the Devs ever implemented. Remember the days where you had to grind Mobs through T2/T3 because the zones were deserted. And catching up at 40+ is basically handed out freely nowadays. How much more do we dumb it down till people are happy ?
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Grobbok

Post#50 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:15 pm

it is not only about leveling, but also about helping other players do that
if you can't help because you are 40lv so where is the team playing? what for is guild?
why ppl can't play with friends, coz they have bigger levels?
and playing t2-t4 as 16lv suck, you can't even have a fast mount to follow other ppl in wb
lider of Da fat squigs guild