Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealm

Let's talk about... everything else
Feru
Suspended

Re: Crossrealm

Post#31 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

yalis im sure you known better the me :) that the xrealm problem is connected with class and faction balance (since the release of t2).

btw if we dont need to play mirror classes in both factions to type in class balance discussion "maybe" helps on the xrealm prob ;p

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Feru wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm
btw if we dont need to play mirror classes in both factions to type in class balance discussion "maybe" helps on the xrealm prob ;p
You don't 'need' to play mirror classes, but if you have neither the class or its mirror then your feedback will be scrutinised a bit more closely.

Bladepower7

Post#33 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Xrealm is a different prob, class balance is not relevant, players just log the winning faction regardless of classes, the problem is player that keep swapping multiple times during a single siege, making impossible to lock zone for both factions, I can't see how class balance make any difference.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Feru
Suspended

Post#34 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:18 pm

xrealm and balance (emil work still saved) in my pov are the most important things to focus (addons for 1 finger ppl too)

"class balance is not relevant", its for sure a solution to distract the ppl from what is really important, but xreaml in a rvr game can be a major issue :(

Feru
Suspended

Post#35 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:15 pm

just an old ror memory ;p i clicked on forum and was 2 or 3 posts in the row to "trade my destro for your order gold" or vice versa, and no worries, just cool kids testing the classes for a better balance discussion or 6 mans underdog pros :)

since long time i dont see any x faction gold trade, good job ror staff:)

anarchypark

Post#36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 pm

when 1side is zerging, often underdog side dominate SC.
after wipe ppl go SC, alt, other things.

advertising door attacked and offer rooms in wb, you got full wb in 5min.
for the zerg side, it looks like enemies pop from thin air.
so blame xrealm.

I'm glad that lock is coming, finally stop seeing these xrealm thread.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

catholicism198

Post#37 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Lockout timers only, sort-of, worked on live because there were multiple servers for you to play on, at launch.

That's not the case here.

If it's account based, then you are effectively punishing people that use one account to play, and if it's IP based, then you will be preventing people from playing the side that they want to play on because they use the same computer/isp as someone else in their household to play the game.

People are already discouraged to switch toons, even on the same faction, because they will lose all contribution and now you want to prevent people from enjoying every aspect of the game when the mood strikes?

You should grants perks for playing one side, not punish those that like hoping from side to side when they grow tired of playing the same class for 12+ hours.

This server cannot afford lockout timers.

Bad moves are bad.

MayoDaen78

Post#38 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:01 pm

I don't know if this is possible for devs to implement, how about giving some kind of quitter debuff like on players who xrealms (entering rvr lakes), that debuff don't do anything just showing that this player just recently log in to different factions ( like 5 mins ago) and everyone could see it, and make that debuff last for 1 hour....this might deter those players who like to xrealm, because it could be quite embarrassing. Just a thought :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
Rinzler88

Post#39 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Just make debuff, that turns xrealm player to chicken when this player changes sides :mrgreen:

p.s. sorry for mistakes, my english is quite bad :oops:

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#40 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:28 am

diedrake wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm Well soft locking accounts easy bypass with 2nd account

IP address soft lock not very good idea when more then 1 player in a household.

Honestly xrelming is a player issue. No more realm pride if xrealming is an issue.
That is easy to deal with by hardware locking the loader