Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealm

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Crossrealm

Post#41 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am

On the subject of crossrealm,

I absolutly hate it and wish we were still in 2009 where Realmpride was a thing, but I also acknowledge things are not like that any more. Platers play on both sides, the whole attitude is abit more relaxed pugging is the way to go, and there is no real reward or purpose in standing up against the masses.

- Campaign, forts and city sieges not being implimented makes it "pointless" to go for the laststand, be creative about BO capping and stall the zone after your keep has fallen.
- Guilds and alliances have no perks, so the general playerbase is more casual than we saw on Live.
- While double RR events are active, it is simply too inefficient to be missing out of a zonelock if you have chars on both realms, getting that 50k rp tick is your best investment of time.
- PvP games almost always lose players simply because there has to be a losing side, if you dont either find purpose, rewards nor effect in loosing you try to improve, or go for the easy way out. Swap side. or quit.-

I know that the campaing is not finished, our endgame is not here yet and players are slowing reaching their personal goals wether it being completing sets or obtaining desired RR. But for an MMOrpg the social aspect is lacking when it comes to Realm and guild/alliance pride. And while a lockout timer might stop some crossrealming, people with chars on both sides split on several accounts (players will always find creative aways around restrictions) will simply not get affected and I think this will not change much eventhough it is a welcome start.

For the real effort towards stopping Crossrealming we need reasons to stay and fight when the red sea is rolling over us, improve guild/alliance systems for the game and make the players stick around for more than rewards and gains.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#42 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 am

Tbh any kind of realmpride or guildpride have pretty much been met with accusations of personal bias from both staff and players as soon as any kinda ballance perspective have been lifted by those players.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#43 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am On the subject of crossrealm,

I absolutly hate it and wish we were still in 2009 where Realmpride was a thing, but I also acknowledge things are not like that any more. Platers play on both sides, the whole attitude is abit more relaxed pugging is the way to go, and there is no real reward or purpose in standing up against the masses.

- Campaign, forts and city sieges not being implimented makes it "pointless" to go for the laststand, be creative about BO capping and stall the zone after your keep has fallen.
- Guilds and alliances have no perks, so the general playerbase is more casual than we saw on Live.
- While double RR events are active, it is simply too inefficient to be missing out of a zonelock if you have chars on both realms, getting that 50k rp tick is your best investment of time.
- PvP games almost always lose players simply because there has to be a losing side, if you dont either find purpose, rewards nor effect in loosing you try to improve, or go for the easy way out. Swap side. or quit.-

I know that the campaing is not finished, our endgame is not here yet and players are slowing reaching their personal goals wether it being completing sets or obtaining desired RR. But for an MMOrpg the social aspect is lacking when it comes to Realm and guild/alliance pride. And while a lockout timer might stop some crossrealming, people with chars on both sides split on several accounts (players will always find creative aways around restrictions) will simply not get affected and I think this will not change much eventhough it is a welcome start.

For the real effort towards stopping Crossrealming we need reasons to stay and fight when the red sea is rolling over us, improve guild/alliance systems for the game and make the players stick around for more than rewards and gains.
I understand your point of view. But, to make an exemple, do you expect to play a sc 5 vs 12? I suppose you don't :). Our purpose AGAIN, is not to force anyone to play a faction or another, but to slow massive moves from the outnumbered side to the dominating one and ease move in the other direction. It is not about realmpride, it is not about guildpride. It is about faction population balance at a specific moment.

Sulorie

Post#44 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 am

Realm pride is such a shallow concept. How to be proud of people sitting afk at flags, failing to guard, heal, buff or use chat to get some minimum level of coordination.
You could be proud of your group, guild or alliance but the whole realm? No.
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#45 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 am

You are part of a realm that work together for a common purpose and work against another one that have the same intent. The realm with the best community relations and internal communication will prevail. So ofc realm pride is a thing. The side with the moast amount of players locked into their bouble of players they commune with and discard everyone else as nothing but pug meatshilds, leachers, scrubs etz are the ones that alinate the community on the side they play on at the moment and it creates friction within the realm itself. So yeas realm pride is deffinitly a thing that shows.

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#46 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am

No, it was an 8 hour lockout. But A lockout on this server is unlikely I think... Those players that will be hit by the lockout, will just logout instead. Maximizing players online at anytime I think is best.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Noiree

Post#47 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 am

Every month, one of these threads pops up.

Just an idea: how about having one thread for venting (with lower moderation level) and one for all brainstorming ideas. Each time a new thread opens, lock and redirect. Maybe having a collected brainstorming thread actually leads to a constructive idea, assuming that someone made the effort of collecting all ideas in that thread in the first post over time.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

wonshot

Post#48 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:37 am

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am I understand your point of view. But, to make an exemple, do you expect to play a sc 5 vs 12? I suppose you don't :). Our purpose AGAIN, is not to force anyone to play a faction or another, but to slow massive moves from the outnumbered side to the dominating one and ease move in the other direction. It is not about realmpride, it is not about guildpride. It is about faction population balance at a specific moment.
I see the point you are trying to make. But in the example you are giving there is a big difference in expectation levels when entering oRvR and a SC.

In a Scenario I expect even numbers, an objective and a smaller sized battleground. To some degree it is not too far fetched to hope for some coordination, groupplay and maybe even a little bit of healing.

When in the open lake, I have absolutly no expectations from all the soloers, smallmen, 6man, pugs and organized warbands. There is nothing binding them together apart from if they see a selfish gain in the commongoal being the zonelock. But even so, since AAO is a thing those other gankers might be seen as competition towards "your" kills, and if they are just standing in the zone afk. They will be doing nothing towards the active player but lower his AAO count. Sure it is a very selfish way of thinking, but it for sure is a thing

I would like to think of myself as an Ordermain by heart. But because of how this server allows for direct realm-hopping I have gotten my first ever Destro char to level 40, not because I wanted to play it. But because I want the ability to log over when there is no enemies to fight. Basicly chasing the crossrealmers, luckily it super rarely happends so havnt had the need to play Destro much :lol:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#49 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:56 am

Noiree wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 am Every month, one of these threads pops up.

Just an idea: how about having one thread for venting (with lower moderation level) and one for all brainstorming ideas. Each time a new thread opens, lock and redirect. Maybe having a collected brainstorming thread actually leads to a constructive idea, assuming that someone made the effort of collecting all ideas in that thread in the first post over time.
I’m afraid, all the best ideas were already discussed. The only reason why they aren’t implemented yet is technical difficulties, lack of time and other priorities. Basically, something doesn’t happen not because devs are not aware of it, but because they can’t make it yet.

Those threads just give people an opportunity to talk about things, express their opinions and all the emotions. Not much of brainstorming needed tho. Just a good ol’ tea party with some forum fellas sharing their view on topic of actual issues.
It’s really important to just talk about things from time to time and chill.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Wdova

Post#50 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:57 pm

I fixed crossrealming for my self. Since lack of time to play all of my characters on both sides, I have chosen to stay on order side. Yes its underdog most of the time with some of shiny dominating moments, but having AAO most of the time is satisfying.

Nothing can prevent ppl from crossrealming, because they can creat new accounts anyday and crossrealm on multiple accounts.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+