Recent Topics

Ads

Crossrealm

Let's talk about... everything else
Bladepower7

Crossrealm

Post#1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 am

Hello everyone, first I wanna say sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'll do my best to explain.

With all the double exp bonus event and overall the time the server is up, many players have character in both factions, this create a huge problem in the RVR, almost every time there is players that simply switch the winning faction after 1 wipe or ram destroyed, everytime the ram dead half of my WB will log out and magically Dest become more and more (I'm sure same problem happen on the other side), people not fight for their faction or try to win, most just log to get the easy/fast bag/renown.

I know is impossible to remove the Cross realm now, but I think it's time to do something about that, or the RVR will simply die (or at least the concept of it), and become just a zerg farm without any attachment to the faction.

As a programmer I know many of the option I'll propose will be hard to realize and I don't wanna put any stress to the Devs that's already doing a good job in my opinion, this is just some ideas coming from the player as a suggestion to fic the problem or the "plague" of the Cross realmers:

- Put a debuff (zero renown and no bag) if you go to a contested rvr zone that you previously played with opposite faction (debuff disappear when zone lock)

- 4 hours (can be 2 or 8, 4 is just as example) time when you log a character, if you log Order, you can't log any of your Dest char for 4 hours.

Problem will remain because of Players that use different accounts, or multiple Computers, but I'm sure they are a minority, and they will not broke the RVR like is now.

There are many other possible options to fix this problem, I hope the Devs will consider our request (I'm just writing the post but many is very tired about this situation).

Thx for your time and effort to this game, hope we can find a solution before the RVR become just a "log the winning faction" game.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
Foltestik

Re: Crossrealm

Post#2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:03 am

hmm what news this topik never be here :D

Lesnoj

Post#3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 am

I agree with the main post. This Xrealing is crazy and I hate people that does that to death.
I start in a zone when there is 70 destro and 60 orders. Then Destro get wiped and suddenly there are 80+ oders and 50 destro. Some debuff for xrealm would be nice :)

Sigimund

Post#4 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am

You lose all your contribution when you change characters and enter RvR. You lose a lot of renown if you crossrealm.

I suspect the shifts in population are more to do with different timezones coming online but I would be very interested to see hard data.
Last edited by Sigimund on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mogt

Post#5 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am

the devs work at a solition for this at the moment they can nothing do, but if they work is finish the people cant do xrealmng, please be patience. i think the devs, do their best.

i hate this xrealm too

mogt

Post#6 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am

Sigimund wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am You lose all your contribution when you change characters and enter RvR. You lose a lot of renown if you crossrealm.
the people they doing xrealming, they have no interest for this zone lock rr that is max 20 k (without the rr pot), but the the players just count, if they doing xralming over 5-6 or more hours, they get can get more rr and medals via kills for both factions, that is the easiest way instead, the max 20 k rr from lord kill, for one faction. that is sad.

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#7 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am

This is so true.. Many times I am on my sorc, roam to the keep and defend, sometimes Order wipes... AAO disappears.. Next thing you know, 15 minutes later Destro is on Order keep, and there are a bunch of players I did not see before. Me personally I change to the losing side, I would rather farm AAO than get carried. There are some people however I feel would rather go play another game because a block has been implemented on them, rather than be the underdog and learn how to win as the loser.

The only thing is, if you trap people then they might just go play another game or not play at all. Tough decision with a low player base. Instead of stopping a player from switching sides, maybe further reward a player for staying on the same side. Something like "building contribution". Oh sure you are getting smashed, but you have clearly been struggling on this side for a long time, here is your pity tic. While your scum bag friends went off and joined the winning side, you gained a building contribution bonus so you get equal to, or more than them... Those scum bags...
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am

Some solution are on the table to introduce a soft lock timer. It will be done when ready.

As OP underlined, thats not so easy to do :).

Ads
MayoDaen78

Post#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am

I remember on live, back in the day, if I am not mistaken, there is a 24hr lockout before you can switch realm.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Sigimund

Post#10 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am

MayoDaen78 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am I remember on live, back in the day, if I am not mistaken, there is a 24hr lockout before you can switch realm.
Not sure it was quite that long but either way it did nothing if someone paid for a second WAR account. RoR is free.

No personal objection to a soft lockout, it would probably be good for the game. I'm honestly curious to see what people will find to blame when that excuse disappears.