Recent Topics

Ads

Your ideas to add value into leveling

Let's talk about... everything else
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Your ideas to add value into leveling

Post#1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Allow PvE quests to also reward Renown so you aren't forced to PvP to level, which is a big problem if you happen to play during hours in which very very few people are on.

You do NOT want to do what I did and end up with a character that reaches rank 40 with renown rank 13.

Or you could just remove renown rank requirements period and solely gate things behind emblems/medallions. That works too.

Ads
carmine3161

Your ideas to add value into leveling

Post#2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 pm

What ideas do you have that would add value into leveling?

Please refrain from ideas that involve increasing EXP gain.

Fire away.
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Wam

Post#3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 pm

carmine3161 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 pm what ideas do you have that would add value into leveling?

Please refrain from ideas that involve increasing EXP gain.

Fire away.
Pve is a means to an end from my POV

Sorry if this is slightly off topic because i feel you answer your own question with addressing the elephant in the room, the bread and butter of the game is the rvr/pvp

Pve is necessity but not a very enjoyable one when you have done it 50 times previously and its very grindy

So you have small playerbase spread very far and wide, either grizzled veteran who resents leveling again and again or a Happy new player exploring before they get into the grind... and then there's a small % in my opinion who like pve no matter what over and over again.

Making it faster/more fluid is valid concern in my opinion because i see it as time gating content (the big boy stuff only starts at level 40) so might scare some players off from grinding/rerolling (but i know this server as always been anti XP gain)
However Dungeon tracker is only thing I can think of... but again will it be used much and worthwhile resources? In other games its used for more effective teaming/xping and we already have LFG.

Making pve longer more grindy drawn out so there are "more people doing it" will have negative effects and eventually less doing it overall.

No flight costs would be something perhaps helpful (not 100% necessary) if people wanted to explore more and was broke :)

Maybe other people can come up with better suggestions :D
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

marisco

Post#4 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 am

Generally speaking when I'm leveling I fully max the influence of the chapter before moving on the next one. You can blame it on my OCD. Need to see those bars full, man. :lol:

I think the system is fine as it is but if anything could be added to enrich the experience I would suggest rewards for 100% completion. Something along the lines of experiencing every PQ of every chapter of your racial pairing. Every PQs has a story that adds to the overarching plot of the tier and most people ignore it. Each PQs has 3 stages that are tracked in the character ToK, so the info is already collected and stored.

I'm not suggesting forcing players into the story, I truly believe everyone has the right to play however they like it. But maybe something to encourage people to consider another avenues in the leveling experience, like a racial specific pet or lore-friendly titles once you reach 100% story

And about XP, I'm the minority that thinks that you level too fast in RoR. The bonus XP based on your race pairing was a nice touch to make people realize that you can quest to level but that's enough already.

Lindsay

Post#5 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:37 am

Since the tiers are merged:
Keeplord can give defend quest to any level
Capture keep/kill quest for zone to any level
Im not talking bout the seal quests.

Exp rates have to be adjusted to the correct tier/bracket

Small tweaks, might be offtopic

bichka

Post#6 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:38 am

>You do NOT want to do what I did and end up with a character that reaches rank 40 with renown rank 13.
why not? by being lowbie you are wasting your time. Simple example, compare renown gain for lowbie and t4 scenario. I mean winning one.
i suggest to get into t4 as fast as possible, because rr40 is getting pretty fast here.

i have almost all classes here from both sides. And if you are feelling that it's unfun to play as lowbie - better to do mindless pve grind and get 40 in 2-3 days.

Nidwin

Post#7 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm Allow PvE quests to also reward Renown so you aren't forced to PvP to level, which is a big problem if you happen to play during hours in which very very few people are on.
No. If you want renown you get your toon into the lakes or you queue up for scenarios.
May be we should also give renown for crafting, AFK at maiboxes or whine about xrealmers on the globals?
Mystry wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm You do NOT want to do what I did and end up with a character that reaches rank 40 with renown rank 13.
No, you clearly don't if that's not what you wanted in the first place. Once level 16 your toon gets bolstered to level 48 in T2+ lakes. Hello there, freaking level 48. The only toons I would consider PL from 16 to 20 are healers for the group heals, and even then mostly a DoK as shaman and zealot are actually not that bad single target wise.
Mystry wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm Or you could just remove renown rank requirements period and solely gate things behind emblems/medallions. That works too.
Yeah, let's all be 40Rr80 at character creation, mind you, with all equipment free to pick up in IC/Altdorf. It's goint to be fun, trust me.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Nidwin

Post#8 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:25 am

There is although a little "grindy" aspect past level 31 or so, xp-wise. But we aren't talking about mindless npc grinding for days or weeks here, far from. And if you want to buy your level 38 mount you need to grind out 100 gold anyway.

There are already plenty of values while PVE leveling if that's your true choice.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Foltestik

Post#9 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 am

i start play my magus as r40 and rr 20 was rr40 in no time :) one winning scenario givs you like 2 ranks :D

Tesq

Post#10 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:55 am

1- exp/influence assignation: Well one way to improve the pve expirience would be stop allow mob to give exp /loot to the one that do the kill(steal)..... Idk why pve ror department keep on this road when in live everyone was happy that exp gone to the ppl that first tabbed the mob. Idk if is me but while i lv up i always find some ot these mobs stealer that think their time is better than yours always ready to break your balls so that i hate there is not a pk function inplemented in ror...
So yes pleaae return to the origin and give exp/loot to the one/group who start the engage woth the mob not to who make kill, if BL are so important create an exeption for those only this is no brain really....

2-better reward exploration: the thing war always was put of shame from wow you exploration rewards are a joke...50 exp for discovered thisbplace woaaaaaaaaaa......put some hidden chest around a la wow in hard part to reach of the he maps linked to quest/epic quest etc filled with win blue gear only amd that can ne open only once.for tbe rewards
Stuff that make you think "wao this was not for nothing".

3- shiny stuff in pve: give more alternative apperenace in pve gear influence rewards, you choose to remove rhat to some exstent for nor real gain pve wise.
Even put 1 hand or 1 boots of mercenary here and there not talking about sov camon.....

4-put a dam renown/carrier master in pve camp to respec between pvp nd pve, limit the respect with level like t1 one so that t4 player cant exploit it...no brain.....

5-gear is ****: in live pve gear also had talismans slot (on purple) so that ppl that pve only at least had a valid counterpart. In ror we have so many npc selling green gear with slots that most pf pve stuff is outdated. My suggestion is add to all blue gear and above tali slots, this way pve is more rewarding and can help with char customozation while you have less tactic than other classes in rvr so for exemple stuff with ap + or parrt % can help ya in the proceaa if you dont have a full sets. Atm all exept blue accessories are discarded/sold/ignored till t4 where they are just at that point salvagable only stu