Recent Topics

Ads

For the Dev's

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: For the Dev's

Post#21 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:29 am

halohopper715 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:40 pm Do any of the Maintainers or "Developer" ladies or gents play destruction? as their main character. not just log in to destro to make sure everything works but actually play and RVR and do scenarios with us? just curious
I know, right? I totally get where you are going. Destru is too easy. Everything just kinda "works" no matter which class you roll into the mix so long as you have a tank and some melee dps worth a damn. It's boring - I get where you are coming from. Believe me, they are working to fix the Order classes to be more viable in ORvR - just be patient. It'll be a challenge again in Two Weeks™.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#22 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 am

I play Sorc (Mordreed (main character)), Zealot(Hasard), Witch Elf(Medusae), Blackguard(Ahmagaad) and Runepriest(Maywee). So yes, i play mostly destro.

You have names, you can check in armory.

kmark101

Post#23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:09 am

Kragg wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 pm But that has got nothing to do with the class itself. We just bring a squad of snipers and focus fire. It would be gamebreakingly OP if you got targetted and you would survive an focused attack from an entire party or 12 man, right?
You just literally described melee squigherders with 100% accuracy.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Kragg

Post#24 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:18 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 pm
Kragg wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 pm
HtGeist wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm Y you know that snare stuff hurts when dangling around infront of engi fire squads and trigger happy dps ams right? you been playing destro like a casual in pug and such..right?
Well, yes, it is supossed to hurt.
Cos as a casual non premade player the balance imbalance is gross...there is f all you can get done with a pug party having to dodge 6 am's in pug sc..even less you can get done in orvr with the 12 man assist engi snipers in prime time...and i searched just about every toolbox,and nope no hard counter available on destro side no one class outshines then rest and can waltz in to deal with it...so what gives?
But that has got nothing to do with the class itself. We just bring a squad of snipers and focus fire. It would be gamebreakingly OP if you got targetted and you would survive an focused attack from an entire party or 12 man, right?
Well ****... Nerf chosen then ;)
You're chosen to die when i see you leading a pug. Isnt that whgat the class is about? :P :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#25 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:23 am

Korhadreth wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 am
Yaliskah wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:33 am I play Sorc (Mordreed (main character)), Zealot(Hasard), Witch Elf(Medusae), Blackguard(Ahmagaad) and Runepriest(Maywee). So yes, i play mostly destro.

You have names, you can check in armory.
Is it fair to say most of the staff play destruction?
I don't think so. And even, what woult it show ? We are realm biased? 90% of the team isn't involved at any level with balance. And those who are working with are playing both side equally afaik.

Ugle

Post#26 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:15 pm
HtGeist wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm ...so what gives?
Try it with role-playing, when everything else fails.
I laughed
inactive

Einherja

Post#27 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:28 am

HtGeist wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm even less you can get done in orvr with the 12 man assist engi snipers in prime time...
It doesent matter if you die by our assist train, or under a bunch of aoe spamming hordes. Dead is dead. The only difference is, that dying by clean assist, has much more style ;)

Foomy44

Post#28 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 am

Korhadreth wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 am
Yaliskah wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:23 am
Korhadreth wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 am

Is it fair to say most of the staff play destruction?
I don't think so. And even, what woult it show ? We are realm biased? 90% of the team isn't involved at any level with balance. And those who are working with are playing both side equally afaik.
I'm just trying to make sense of some of the balance decisions.
Marauder +160 weapon skill and initiative in a single tactic? No toughness debuff like other similar tactics on a class that also debuffs armour in the same mastery tree.
Squig herder, a 30% movement speed tactic and 30% movement speed ability on a kiting ranged class, if snared it can hide inside a squig and be tankier than a chosen.
Zealot has an armour and resistance debuff on morale one, imagine that mara's damage after he drops that? Runepriest only has a single target damage morale with AP refresh which is the same as an AP potion.
I love the project, I love being a part of it I just wish I could understand these decisions better.
KOTBS gets +240 strength, weaponskill, and initiative on 1 tactic.
I'd love to know the name of your chosen so I could see how you are doing so poorly with him since my RR60 2h chosen is significantly tankier then my RR74 100% tank SH in all situations (not just against physical damage which is the only thing SH is good at tanking). Those run speed abilities don't stack FYI, and there are more ways than just a snare to catch someone, for example the 3 pounces and at least 2 ranged knockdowns order has access to.
Yes the zealot m1 is good and unique, things like that are allowed to exist, look at Cannonball on engi vs magus m3s if you wanna see an example of a morale matchup that favors order.

And no I'm not arguing order is OP ftr, just that cherry picking things with no context and false assumptions isn't a great way to have a debate about balance.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#29 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:54 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 pm Considering theres only what? 2 real devs? im not sure what Max runs around on these days

Thanks.
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 pm im not sure what Max runs around on these days

Rank 6 KotBS, so I guess that's Order Biased.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#30 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:01 am

HtGeist wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm Yea i got a question,what upcomming changes to destro is planned at the moment Engi,Am and Wl overperform by a margin...and destro melee without the choppa pull now have to wade thru 100% uptime sw snares,knight of bs snares and AM puddles for days,is destro supposed to run around futile chasing stuff on their melee dps? you know that snare stuff hurts when dangling around infront of engi fire squads and trigger happy dps ams right? you been playing destro like a casual in pug and such..right?
Cos as a casual non premade player the balance imbalance is gross...there is f all you can get done with a pug party having to dodge 6 am's in pug sc..even less you can get done in orvr with the 12 man assist engi snipers in prime time...and i searched just about every toolbox,and nope no hard counter available on destro side no one class outshines then rest and can waltz in to deal with it...so what gives?
Well im sad to announce you that the top 3 classes priorities change are on order side as mention on a previous post by the dev team. Nerf or buff ill let you be the judge(look for the post yourself!) but mainly they want the make those classes "viable" in WB...
For the moment, they just overperforming such as AM\WL and its working as intended. The way i see it destro is far on priorities buff wise.

Also, you can add to that, the M2 BW bomb WB bs that seems to reappeared for the pleasure of order!! Also, Engies got a buff few weeks ago again for the plesure of order.

Natherul is puggin on destro side(wich im pretty sure he is the only one) but im not sure about the others.... Dansaran can pug on order( Yes i can admit it today cuz i saw him with my own two eyes!! ;) ) The other im pretty sure they dont play in WB or dont pug at all.
]