Recent Topics

Ads

For the Dev's

Let's talk about... everything else
Nidwin

Re: For the Dev's

Post#31 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 am

Zealots TT's is uselss except for theory crafters. By all means, give it to RP's, make my day punks.

I don't find the balance as horrible as folks describe, except WLs whom seem a bit anemic lately. I'm used to see powerhorse 3s shotting WLs in the lakes and now I see them often running away, so fast even I can't catch them anymore.

As for Engies, they have pang pang + AA and I have Tornado + EP. We although have both Lake Michigan that hits like a glue pot for 20s and for double glue pot for a remaining 10s. Can't have it all I presume.

12 Havoc Magus shouldn't go for BoC but for double hit SVF/FrF + Frf/RW being undefendable + 3s CD for SVF or AP-tactic + Havoc Critt. My opinion, but what do I know. The real pros who know everything are folks like Carlos, Superwinshot, Mike Ashton and cie.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
kkprfx

Post#32 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am

Tzeentch's Talon is the only resist debuff that stacks. How is it useless for Magi and sorcs?
Gabber

Nidwin

Post#33 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am

kkprfx wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am Tzeentch's Talon is the only resist debuff that stacks. How is it useless for Magi and sorcs?
Single target on a non moblie squishy healer who has a 2.5s group heal cast. On what is the Zealot supposed to cast this ? Tanks ?

As a Zealot I keep Devine Favor up till Devine Protection "glows" in case I'm jumped by, you know, for an emergency case.
An emergency case for my Zealot or fellow Healer being jumped on, you know.

I can help myself as should Sorcs, but Devine Favor is as explained the 2 sentences above, for my Zealot or fellow healer, just in case, you know.

Sorry, you didn't know. You're welcome btw.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#34 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 am

Both sides claim that their side is underpowered, this is nothing new and balance is a tricky subject.

All I add to this conversation is that I have chars on both sides but I mainly play my destro ones, but its unfair to say that anyone on the team is biased and depending on your definition of dev there are at least 3 (and a lot more if you include DB DEVS and/or the R&D staff). But again as Yali said, only a handful of the team works on balance.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#35 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am

Lots of dev do play the game. Which makes me wonder why they make it so grindy and unrewarding. Zone take ridiculous lengths of time xp gain at a snails pace. Worst of all being trapped in no scenario land of mid being a complete spanner till you reach 40.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#36 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:38 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am Worst of all being trapped in no scenario land of mid being a complete spanner till you reach 40.

Ain't that like players fault because they don't queue for scenarios?

kkprfx

Post#37 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am

Nidwin wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am
kkprfx wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am Tzeentch's Talon is the only resist debuff that stacks. How is it useless for Magi and sorcs?
Single target on a non moblie squishy healer who has a 2.5s group heal cast. On what is the Zealot supposed to cast this ? Tanks ?

As a Zealot I keep Devine Favor up till Devine Protection "glows" in case I'm jumped by, you know, for an emergency case.

I can help myself as should Sorcs, but Devine Favor is as explained the 2 sentences above, for my Zealot or fellow healer, just in case, you know.

With your quality of play I guess you need DF, I don't. But that's your issue.
Gabber

Sulorie

Post#38 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 am

kkprfx wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am
Nidwin wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am Single target on a non moblie squishy healer who has a 2.5s group heal cast. On what is the Zealot supposed to cast this ? Tanks ?

Shots fired. :D

On a serious note, the debuff M1 is not for pugging. In a coordinated setup, where you can call out debuffs for max stacking effect, you are not required to keep M1 heal.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#39 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:32 am

kkprfx wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am
Nidwin wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:09 am

What you need is some homeopatic remedy bought at the miracle dude's shop. It works, realy, but only for you and not for the 7.6 other billion fellow dudes and dudettes. It's like a god, it'll only save you brah, nobody else.

DF value > ST debuff, in my book but as you mentioned, with my quality of gameplay everything matters to keep each other alive.

halohopper715

Post#40 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:36 am

I haven't played much in the last 6 months. ive been deployed. but I got to a point where I can get some crappy wifi and log in for a little bit a day and since then ive seen 900 crits on lvl 15 WL's 1300 crits from snipe on a chosen and nothing but significantly low dps compaired to other tanks when fighting order tanks. and a crazy amount of CC. I think you devs should go out on your own play at RR 40ish like the average player pug up and see how much fun you have not on a WE or on a SORC but on a chosen or a choppa or one of the broken classes that everyone is crying about ^.^. the game shouldn't be "oh lets have nothing but engies so we can win" it should be w.e class you want good coordination and you win. like the balance was at launch so many years ago...