Recent Topics

Ads

Biggest problem on Live is still the biggest problem on RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: Biggest problem on Live is still the biggest problem on RoR

Post#81 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:36 am

Richardwarhawk wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:01 pm To be honest it would be a great idea to keep RvR going, but there are so many older and ignorant people in this game that think playing both sides is a bad thing and they won't understand that they would have to play a destro or order toon to help keep the fights more even.
There is a whole half of the game that these peoole miss out on. Now I'm not saying you play both sides in the same zone either, I'm saying if there is a bigger population on one side,aybe it would be smart to play the side that has less players to help keep the fights going. Or at least that's what the staff means.

i'd been doing underdog play recently, specially in mid zones.
funny thing is, ppl changing side to balance population make other side zerg in next zone.
t2 order zerg vs destro underdog. let's move to underdog.
now t3 order underdog vs destro zerg.
not always but it happens. ( or simply random time zone shifting )

xrealm is illusion, same as aao players balancing population is illusion.
what we need is determined players who fights until death.
and i believe that comes from realm pride even forced one( lock out )

i don't know english version, in the art of war by sun tzu
'burn the bridge behind' ?
enforce cowards to fight to death. risky gamble.

maybe... they will quit after 5 zones 200%+ aao.
i don't know solution but simply put end in xrealm accusation is worth it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Wam

Post#82 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 pm

realm pride is dead, its been dead, it is dead, there is no coming back for realm pride and no point to it anyways. Yes guys im so proud we smashed enemy and have nothing left to fight its so much fun woo good job guys so much fun pvding empty lakes.

Realm co-ordination (different to pride) will happen more when city/forts become a thing and people become loot obsessed, to push or let people in for loots.

But pride in zerging and winning by default numbers? nah... guild pride? alliance pride? maybe... but pride from people who run around like headless chicken and spam region with **** that is useless really and troll with bad intel?

If i lead wb's on order side instead of destro side during our raid days and pulled the trigger on being AAO police again... i already have a idea of what the effect will be from past experience, but even though fighting nrm with our lowbie characters might be the best fights I don't really want to zerg them :) Order usually bring enough numbers but are not using their numbers properly (Optimally i.e some of their manpower goes to waste)... I don't want to 4 guilds vs 1 so much... that's a bit harsh and not really fun. If NRM have other back up then maybe if numbers and conditions allow it.

you can never force people to fight hard if they not committed in the first place... they just don't have the intent and with the server being very fairweather friendly this is a partial byproduct of it. You need organised defenses to stop fairweathers getting easy gains and break their spirit from easymoding it up. Again its not the system, its the players choices. Having a choice is a good thing, more people like to zerg than underdog... thats their personal choice even if the gameplay to me is less value it might be their cup of tea and enjoy it somehow. I like to pick a side and find good fights... if that side outnumber enemy already before begin and nothing worthy to fight then i won't add too zerg there is no point, thats my personal choice. But if i decide to fight and enemy gets smashed and disband then enemy have aao and we finish raid early... not my fault otherside becomes underdog.

I just think both sides need to get more organised and learn to fight when outnumbered and underdog also... it doesn't matter if you eventually lose zone, just be stubborn and undermine your enemy make them work for it. The most fun fights are in my opinion when your backs are against the wall and if you win a battle against the odds, those are the epic moments that ror provides from time to time.

Taking away choice is a very bad idea, incentive's for underdog and pop balance is okay idea... now with new rewards maybe pop on both sides will get boosted again, but just because numbers in a zone are balanced doesn't mean what you do with those numbers is equal... its always on the players to make best use of what you have on either side. id rather have 50 committed defenders than a 100 slack :)

People always associate "x-realm" with a negative... but don't look at it's benifits, i.e more people to kill = more action = more fun fights = more tokens to farm = more renown to be had... otherwise you get pvd empty keep bleh that is boring and locking people in too one side for long periods, will make dominant faction even more of a issue imo.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

anarchypark

Post#83 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:30 pm

realm pride was wrong wording.
loyalty, love, pride all lack of meaning.
'commitment' was close to the word i was looking for.
if that's not enough,
what makes you stand and fight to death, that's the word i'm referring.
realm lock will put that in player's mind? idk.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Richardwarhawk

Post#84 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 pm

I play both sides too, But im just tired of the realm priders screaming xrealm when they lose and when people rage quit they say people are going to play the other side.

Sulorie

Post#85 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Realm pride feels shallow, when your chosen realm makes it hard to be proud.
Dying is no option.

Dackle

Post#86 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Wam wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 pm People always associate "x-realm" with a negative... but don't look at it's benifits, i.e more people to kill = more action = more fun fights = more tokens to farm = more renown to be had... otherwise you get pvd empty keep bleh that is boring and locking people in too one side for long periods, will make dominant faction even more of a issue imo.
It is a negative. The problem is exactly your mentality; thinking it's okay and does no damage. You could not be further from the truth.

Word salad, do not make your statements true.

Pick a side. Play it. Swap once a month (or more) if you must.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#87 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Spoiler:
Dackle wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm
Wam wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:11 pm People always associate "x-realm" with a negative... but don't look at it's benifits, i.e more people to kill = more action = more fun fights = more tokens to farm = more renown to be had... otherwise you get pvd empty keep bleh that is boring and locking people in too one side for long periods, will make dominant faction even more of a issue imo.
It is a negative. The problem is exactly your mentality; thinking it's okay and does no damage. You could not be further from the truth.

[/quote]

Exactly, what Realm Pride anyway. Pick a side and stick to it. But don't win team join.
Lutz

Sulorie

Post#88 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 pm

madrocks wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:56 pm
Spoiler:
Dackle wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Exactly, what Realm Pride anyway. Pick a side and stick to it. But don't win team join.
[/quote]

Yes, being on dominant side, get bored, log off, because you have to stick to that side. That's a brilliant idea to reduce player numbers.

Realm pride is an excuse to stay on the winning team side.
Dying is no option.

Ads