Recent Topics

Ads

Conq/Domi price reductions

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: Conq/Domi price reductions

Post#11 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm of two minds on this -

8-) - Price reductions would be nice, It'd allow me to get the insanely priced weapons much quicker...

:evil: - I had to go through the grind, so everyone else should too...

I really don't know which side I should pick...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#12 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:11 pm

kkprfx wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:09 pm
kkprfx wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:43 pm

dominator is still BiS for tanks
If we are speaking about DPS tanks, why would dom still be BiS compared to oppressor?

It's better in virtually every way.
Taunt proc (30% extra dmg with an insane uptime)
Compared to the (potential) 5% increased damage (from ALL sources) proc combined with the 5% crit damage and the total increase in stats, the taunt proc isn't that big of a deal.

That said, I could still see it coming out on top for solo play.

Fallenkezef

Post#13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 am

If people get the new tokens at the same rate they dropped dom in sc's and the new tokens transfer 5-1, doesn't that mean by default the price of dom has been reduced?
Alea iacta est

Rydiak

Post#14 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:35 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 am If people get the new tokens at the same rate they dropped dom in sc's and the new tokens transfer 5-1, doesn't that mean by default the price of dom has been reduced?
It would, if they transferred 1:5. They don't, they are 1:1.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

doky

Post#15 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 am

Scenario currency is 1:1 coz of the SC weapons, they are BiS atm and shouldn't be easy to get

blakokami

Post#16 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 am

doky wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 am Scenario currency is 1:1 coz of the SC weapons, they are BiS atm and shouldn't be easy to get
I can understand the staff not wanting to the 45 sc weapons being so easy to get since the next tier of sc weapons arent out yet, but with conq being easier to get now because of the down converting of vanquisher medals maybe they could reduce the price of dominator gear but keep the sc weapons the same price.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Flavorburst

Post#17 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 am

blakokami wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 am
doky wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 am Scenario currency is 1:1 coz of the SC weapons, they are BiS atm and shouldn't be easy to get
I can understand the staff not wanting to the 45 sc weapons being so easy to get since the next tier of sc weapons arent out yet, but with conq being easier to get now because of the down converting of vanquisher medals maybe they could reduce the price of dominator gear but keep the sc weapons the same price.
Or, just put the weapons on a different vendor.

Rydiak

Post#18 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am

Flavorburst wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 am
What good would that do? They'd still be using the same currency. You'd have to change the 45 SC weapons to use Oppressor emblems.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#19 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:04 am

Conq is way easier to get than dominator, tho they are on same tier. Don't understand the logic behind keeping prices for dominator set the same despite reverting convertion of 1:5.
I think it should be possible to also make an upconversion for officers emblems granted thru quests.
I also feel that dominator set price is just too much. You are able to get full conq playing pugs 1-2 hours per day in 2 weeks (so-so, depends on zone flips, weekends are pug mostly, so zones flip way faster than monday-friday eu prime). But for whatever reason you need ridiciulos amount of time invested to get full dominator (which is for offspecs and experimental builds even). To get dominator fast you need a group to pass emblems for you and farm pug SC, which is waaay harder to organise than just slacking in pug WB semi-afk

Flavorburst

Post#20 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 am

Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am
Flavorburst wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 am
What good would that do? They'd still be using the same currency. You'd have to change the 45 SC weapons to use Oppressor emblems.
It wasn't very clear, but the implication was putting the weapons on the oppressor vendor (for oppressor emblems).