Recent Topics

Ads

Conq/Domi price reductions

Let's talk about... everything else
DanielWinner

Re: Conq/Domi price reductions

Post#41 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 am

Let’s keep it civil.

I do apologize that some misunderstandings have lead to warnings and even banning. So, I strongly advise you to refrain from “baiting, whining and etc”.

Stick to the topic and try to have a friendly conversation. Otherwise, no one could help you...
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
kkprfx

Post#42 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:08 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:33 pm
Collateral wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:23 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm

My heart is breaking. Wait. stop. don't... go...

Tanks shouldn't have a Tank set as their primary set. Welp, we lost another one boys.
No reason for childish comments from your part, a head GM. Why even comment if you have nothing more to add other than snark and more reasons to bait people and piss them off. Seems like you guys really learned nothing.
Speaking of bait, I'm tempted to take this one too, but considering your 6 warnings it wouldn't end well.

I'm not begging anyone to stay here, and if you want to be dramatic about not getting your way and threatening to quit, good riddance. Compose yourself with some decency if you don't want to be called out for it.
Could you at least answer my question?
Gabber

nocturnalguest

Post#43 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:11 am

We can consider it answered mate.

live4treasure

Post#44 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:13 am

Regarding the Conq/Domi situation, I decided to provide a constructive post with reasoning behind it. I'm not sure if this will sway the staff in any way, but at least an honest, structured attempt will be made.

So first off, arguments that don't work in this scenario:

1) Conq is easier to get than domi. Yes it is, but that doesn't really seem like a valid point to me. Accusing staff of favoring specific specs over others won't really get this conversation anywhere but the salt factory.

2) The sets were nerfed, so they should be easier to get. Again, why? That doesn't seem like a valid argument either. Besides, even if you assume that it is, they were all nerfed relative to each other, meaning the actual powerlevel of conq and domi vs equally geared players in almost identical.

Here's my argument, aimed at specifically Domi:

So, the SC weapons are actually BIS for a whole lot of classes. I can understand why that necessitates their prices not being nerfed. That's fine by me, seems reasonable. What I'd like to discuss are the actual Dominator armor sets in this scenario and why I believe they should be subject to a price reduction.

Right now, you will start getting emblems for Dominator from around renown rank 40. Been a while ago, so I don't remember the exact rank. What really matters here is that if prices are to remain the same, that means that a player really only has until renown rank 55 to get the gear expected of him, before suddenly an upgrade appears and he will prefer to save up opressor emblems to buy that. Those 15~ renown ranks are actually an awfully short amount of time and there's virtually no way a player would be able to attain a full set in that time. He will be stuck with 3\3 merc\domi at best. Which means the actual optimal tactic is to just save up dominator emblems for the SC weapons and endure a lot of pain because of the low gear along the way.

Why is this an issue? Frankly, that will just increase the gap between a bis geared player and a new player grinding out his gear for the first time that much more. It will also make it a more annoying experience, where you would have two sets that both require a lot of time and patience to get, but before you could ever complete one, a better one will present itself, so you are essentially stuck in this weird purgatory, where the best option is to just sit in mercenary gear until RR 55.

What I suggest:
Keep the conversion rate 1:1
Keep SC weapon prices as they are now
Lower prices for dominator set exclusively

This caters mostly towards the new player experience and really doesn't take away much from the game, considering the bis SC gear will still take time and effort to attain, no less than Dominator did in its day. It is worth noting, however, that before starting on your way towards oppressor, players will have to climb higher in renown.

Cheers.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Nidwin

Post#45 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:38 am

This is so, so, cute.
All the pros so worried about our new players experience and the true reason why dominator gear needs to be reduced in price. We certainly don't want our new players to leave the game because of Today's overpriced dominator gear. Nope, we don't want that.

So I suggest,
to reduce the price (embleems) according to the adjustment made to the dominator gear.
We could although keep the belt's price the same, this to reduce the devs workload.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#46 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 am

kkprfx wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:08 am
Could you at least answer my question?
You just wanted to know when prices would be reduced? It's hard to give answers like that as people work on what they think needs to be done next. The sets just came out, and they're up for some minor changes in the next patch, things are still a little bit in flux. There's the matter of planning what sort of curve should exist for the costs, then passing it around a few eyeballs to get checked. I have something ready for it, but I haven't felt compelled to kick it to internal review as I'm still working on other things.

As for conversion rates, the idea is that by RR55 when you start receiving currency for Vanq/Opp, you should already be wearing Conq/Dom rather comfortably. That's dependent on the item price curve which is still pending of course. If you're still catching up after we determine the new curve, it's your decision to use new currency to finish off an old set, or start saving for the new one. The way bags roll in RvR these days pretty much guarantees eventual gold bags for participating, so it's not like the new sets are infinitely scarce in that respect either. Scenarios are the only real grind, but they kind of deserve it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am

Korhadreth wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:34 am
kkprfx wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:17 pm When are they coming? The sets were nerfed, they are BiS for most classes. The nerf to the sets themselves should be enough to justify a decrease in the prices.
Wouldn't it be funny if I knew the answer but instead of just answering you I just sat on the information instead?
Then when people start posting their opinions I could make snide remarks at them to try and get a reaction out of them.
Then if I get a reaction I could threaten a ban. Come to think of it that's not very funny it's childish and sad.
Pissing around like this is what keeps staff from talking on the forums at all. I'm not going to put up with it.

Yennas

Post#48 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:09 pm

As a Main AM DPS, i feel particularly concerned by this subject : SCE are the only way to get INT/magic Power/Crit Sets for us. RP/Zeal can just hit a switch to convert their stats which we cannot.

Here my questions about Conq/oppressor emblems :

- Why would you create a new currency if it's to put it as the same value as the previous one ? It's my main concern here, if the ratio has to be 1:1 so you should just have put the new sets purchaseable with conq. emblems but with higher price.

- SCE are not the main focus of most players compared to RvR, I'm trying to play my fair set of SCE to bring back those Oppressor Emblems but the progression is way too hard for many reasons :

- DPS/FullTank/FullHeal classes doesn't care that much about SCE sets and tend to stick with ORvR sets
- Pug SCE tend to be horrific but that's ok with me however some SCE shouldn't be picked as PUG one like Logrin Forge as it's mostly consist in waiting for the other team to move so it frequently finish with the timeout (15 mins) and not on 400 points reach, which does slow drastically the occurrence of SCE popping to play on.
- Completing SCE quest is not very incentive aswell as it keep giving you Officers emblems which are pretty useless for someone over RR40

This said, I'm very happy with all your work done and I'm getting a lot of fun with the game :) but I think too that something should be done to motivate those trying to farm for Emblems.

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#49 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 amScenarios are the only real grind, but they kind of deserve it
Can you please elaborate on that? Why should SC players be at a disadvantage compared to the RvR players?

Zerglings get participation prizes just by spamming 3 buttons while watching Netflix, and have a complete BiS set + Weapon in what...4days?

On the other hand, players that are actively playing the game are penalized and have to endure a grind that lasts multiple months just to get the set and another month of playing 5-6hrs a day to get the weapon.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 amScenarios are the only real grind, but they kind of deserve it
Can you please elaborate on that? Why should SC players be at a disadvantage compared to the RvR players?

Zerglings get participation prizes just by spamming 3 buttons while watching Netflix, and have a complete BiS set + Weapon in what...4days?

On the other hand, players that are actively playing the game are penalized and have to endure a grind that lasts multiple months just to get the set and another month of playing 5-6hrs a day to get the weapon.
Maybe you didn't read my other post in this thread, but I do feel prices for sets are a bit high and plan on changing them. That being said, RvR is the core gameplay we're interested in rewarding, and based on your observations, I would concur that works just fine.