Recent Topics

Ads

Dye Preview Addon - need a little help from devs

Let's talk about... everything else
aeoric

Dye Preview Addon - need a little help from devs

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm not sure how many people use the dye preview add-on, but it basically allows you to select a primary and secondary colour from a dropdown list (currently about 25 colours) and see what your gear would look like with those colours.

Only you see this, but the effect persists until you change gear, zone change or speak to a vendor

I have modified the lua file locally and there are some 232 distinct colours, however in the absence of a corresponding name (Skull White, Blood Red) from the original addon's list, I've put a placeholder name "dye<#>" for now, but if the devs (maybe Max or Nalgol?) know of a table with <dye #> and in game name and they could share that with me, I'll update the add-on and release the updated lua file for this add-on

Thx

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Dye Preview Addon - need a little help from devs

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Why you want to have more colors than intended?
A good addition would be a save functionality but that's all.
Dying is no option.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Sulorie wrote:Why you want to have more colors than intended?
A good addition would be a save functionality but that's all.
Because he can? These dyes are in game, it's just the addon that does not support themm
Github / Tighub / Stack

aeoric

Post#4 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:23 pm

I should be more specific

Whoever wrote this add-on, picked about 25 or so colours that already exist in game, they were not adding colours to the game

The colour palette is ~232 distinct colours (code 1 through 232), and the add-on author made 25 code-to-name assignments, and didn't include any of the others

Now when you go to a merchant who can dye armor you can select from a palette there too of something like 36 or 42 colours

Additionally in Live (although this is a misnomer since it is actually dead and RoR is Live), when you bought the RR 80-100 pack you got a bunch of additional colours available at the dye merchants such as Hassan Black

So, somewhere in the game code (yes I know this is an emulator) and/or in the game resource files, there will be a mapping table for these codes-colour names

Whether it's a dev or someone who may know where to look (myp?), I would like to get a hold of that mapping, so I can update the addon and people can see a broader array of colours (for their own consumption since neither friend nor foe can see it) like Skull White (code 180), Baddab Black (code 97 I think) etc

Who knows, it may even be able to be incorporated into the dye vendor later or be a "reward" item to get an endless pot of a dye with a unique colour

Regardless, I was just trying to save the community from having to weather my own naming convention like "**** no! Pink", "left to mellow, urine yellow", "aunt Flo in town Red" etc

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:48 pm

aeoric wrote:Regardless, I was just trying to save the community from having to weather my own naming convention like "**** no! Pink", "left to mellow, urine yellow", "aunt Flo in town Red" etc
I vote for "left to mellow, urine yellow" to actually be a color.
Github / Tighub / Stack

aeoric

Post#6 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:53 pm

LoL, if I don't hear back from the devs in a week or so, I may screen capture the colours and post a link to the palette asking for suggestions for names, then publish the lua with the best/funniest names

:)

Sulorie

Post#7 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:53 pm

aeoric wrote:I should be more specific

Whoever wrote this add-on, picked about 25 or so colours that already exist in game, they were not adding colours to the game

The colour palette is ~232 distinct colours (code 1 through 232), and the add-on author made 25 code-to-name assignments, and didn't include any of the others

Now when you go to a merchant who can dye armor you can select from a palette there too of something like 36 or 42 colours

Additionally in Live (although this is a misnomer since it is actually dead and RoR is Live), when you bought the RR 80-100 pack you got a bunch of additional colours available at the dye merchants such as Hassan Black

So, somewhere in the game code (yes I know this is an emulator) and/or in the game resource files, there will be a mapping table for these codes-colour names

Whether it's a dev or someone who may know where to look (myp?), I would like to get a hold of that mapping, so I can update the addon and people can see a broader array of colours (for their own consumption since neither friend nor foe can see it) like Skull White (code 180), Baddab Black (code 97 I think) etc

Who knows, it may even be able to be incorporated into the dye vendor later or be a "reward" item to get an endless pot of a dye with a unique colour

Regardless, I was just trying to save the community from having to weather my own naming convention like "**** no! Pink", "left to mellow, urine yellow", "aunt Flo in town Red" etc
The number of colors from vendor, crafting or drops is much lower. The addon even has colors not available ingame on other ways than using the addon.
With 1.3.6 new colors were added, right, not supported by the addon, because it was not updated anymore.
Only colors available ingame had names, their total number is still below 100.

A drop down list with over 200 elements might be overkill. :)
aeoric wrote:LoL, if I don't hear back from the devs in a week or so, I may screen capture the colours and post a link to the palette asking for suggestions for names, then publish the lua with the best/funniest names

:)
This is a good idea.
Dying is no option.

Optikl

Post#8 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Here you are:
https://gist.github.com/sebid/3e94cf7d2b1c602e1358
data\txt\83005EB9_5BB48AF638DB764E.txt in data.myp
A wild Raelion appears!

Ads
aeoric

Post#9 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:58 pm

You beauty!

Tesq

Post#10 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:29 am

ask any dev before relase this mod add -on or use it by yourself, cos you basicaly overpass server and apply colors you want with that add on ( if the color you apply can be see even by other), with out pay or need to dropi it.

Personaly i always felt like colors cost is too much high (for some) and i'd like to have indeed a free colors palette, more colors or set colors directly from a menu a free menu, that would be better for charater personalization.

Btw ask them first