[MathHammer] Minmaxing tool

Let's talk about... everything else
Rockalypse
Former Staff

[MathHammer] Minmaxing tool

Post#1 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello everyone.

I had some free time on my hands and I figured that I don't want to calculate stat difference between all these sets in my head.
And so here it is Minmaxing tool

Have a good day.

                                                             
USER GUIDE

If you try to open it on mobile device you may require google sheets app to be installed for anything but viewing. PC version should face no such impediments.

Sheet was switched to read only. If you want to use it - you will need to copy tool to your own Goodle disk, to do that you need to go File -> Make a copy -> select folder on your disk.

Functionality and usage

To use tool you will only need "TOOL" sheet, all others are there just for technical reasons.
You are only able to change value of cells, which have triangle symbol Image on them.
Spoiler:
When you click on such cell - drop down menu will appear, in which you can choose one of preset values.
Spoiler:
After your have changed all cells in accordance with your needs (either by choosing set for each piece, or leaving "None" for ones you want to eliminate from calculation procces) table will be automatically filled.

If you've chosen 2 and more pieces of same set - set bonuses will be listed in bottom table "BONUSES" and all stat related values will be transfered to "Summary of set bonus Stats" row of upper table for calculation.

TOOL was designed to make it easier for you to compare different combination of sets so when you have filled both tables (left and right) colour will be applied to filled cells based on following rules:

Red - value is lesser than same value of other table
Yellow - value is same as same value of other table
Green - value is bigger than same value of other table
                                                             
Addon for data extraction

With props to Sullenmonk, behold!
Addon that provides easy and almost fully compatible extract from game:
ItemXport_1.0
To use it you need:
1) extract archive in Interface/addons folder of your game;
2) make ingame macro with "/script ItemXport.GetItem()";
3) link item you wish to have extract of in chat;
4) click it;
5) press macro.

Window with data will open and all that is left - copy it and paste into excel/google sheet and than:
1) in advanced paste manu choose "split text in columns";
2) chose "Semicolon" in type of separator.

                                                             
Special props to

Sullenmunk
Rydiak
Antamek
Tibdum Butmerer
DanielWinner
Jucka
Vrede
Last edited by Rockalypse on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 53 times in total.

Ads
richiemuk

Re: [MathHammer] Veszal's minmaxing tool

Post#2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 am

:idea: Nice one - Thank you !! :idea:

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:12 am

Maintanence time!
Bonus table needs some fixing and another row.
While I am updating formulas separate file for Player input was created (Link in OP), will be ckecking it instead of Tool sheets for your entries.

Cimba

Post#4 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

A while ago I wrote a script that parsed the gear set list into a json. I figure most of the stats aren't accurate anymore but the newest ones should be accurate. If you want I can send you the jsons.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Table is up and running again.
Now you are able (sick bastard, what is wrong with you) to put up to 6 pairs items for 2 piece bonus (even as BL does not give one).
Also some formula optimization done, should work faster now.

Cimba wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm A while ago I wrote a script that parsed the gear set list into a json. I figure most of the stats aren't accurate anymore but the newest ones should be accurate. If you want I can send you the jsons.

Do it, it will help to finish it faster, send me one of latest jsons you have for testing purposes.

Xergon

Post#6 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm Hello everyone.

I had some free time on my hands and I figured that I don't want to calculate stat difference between all these sets in my head.
And so here it is Veszal's minmaxing tool V.1.2

As I main DoK, I have not added equipmen of other classes, as I dont need it (yet), but you can help yourself by filling Data (Player Input) and Bonuses (Player Input) sheets of document Player Input Data with sets of your particular class. I will check these weekly (or around so) and will be updating tool itself.

Have a good day.

Good Job, very interesting spreadsheet, i was actually working on something similar myself, but more like full character calculator where you can input designed lvl pick up items, pick up renown points and it will calculate full stats of that character.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
but it still far from finishing ;)
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:23 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 pm Good Job, very interesting spreadsheet, i was actually working on something similar myself, but more like full character calculator where you can input designed lvl pick up items, pick up renown points and it will calculate full stats of that character.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
but it still far from finishing ;)

Ohh, I see some useful info right there, will add autofilling of 40 lvl character stats into calculation, which is now manual input.

What I was thinking to improve on next stages is this:

1) In my sheet bonuses auto generated (finished last tweaks only 10 hours ago) in accordance with items chosen, but they are text based. I was planning to make reference table in formulas sheet, that will be comparing bonuses listed for current picked items with keys like "willpower", "armor" and etc. Than based on acquired data it will pick listed in same rows values in same manner, after that it can be safely added to character stats.

2) More of wishful thinking as I probably won't be able to get exact formulas, but still, would liked to implement.getstats for character with picked items.

3) Bully my friend into making web interface.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 pm

V.1.3 Update
Added autoinput of player base stats (thanks Xergon).
Added Color filling for comparison (red - "<", green - ">", yellow - "=") between two tables.
Added Summary of Set bonus stats into calculation, based on bottom BONUS table.
Added Delta row for easier comparison.

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Sentinel set updated (still DoK only though).
I also think last update switched link from edditing to view only so you were not able to use it - should be fixed now.
Let me know if something does not work.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#10 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

V.1.4 Update
Added all BG sets (except Onslaught) were put in and now available for comparison.
Updated Sentinel DoK Set (removed second STR set bonus)