Recent Topics

Ads

Renown rank cap?

Let's talk about... everything else
Mordd

Renown rank cap?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am

Its been a long time since I played warhammer. I ran in a very competitive rvr group way back then. My question is, is this server rule set before or after they upped the renown cap in the game. I cant remember what the cap was but I know they upped it in a patch and players basically gained more levels with it. We all quit the game at that point because it threw the balance off so bad. Top rank players were 10 levels higher as I recall. About 20 of us all quit shortly after that.

I would like to know so I dont get into it and find out later and waste my time.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Renown rank cap?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 pm

There is no cap, but you gain no combat bonuses after RR80. It is all cosmetic/bragging rights.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Deadkiller

Post#3 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:44 pm

First of all its not the same Game like Live was!

The RR cap atm is on lvl 255 but After rr 80 you dont get any Points to Invest! They will implement some Cosmetic Stuff for the Higher lvls.

mogt

Post#4 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:25 pm

you need from 81 to 82 , 2558010 points, with each lvl up, 1 million points more you need for next lvl

Mordd

Post#5 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm

ok so there is none of that bull **** like warhammer did with the expansion of gaining actual levels. If i remember they bumped it from 80 to 100 and every two renown ranks you effectively gained a level. The biggest problem with this at least when they first did it is you had all of the positives and negatives of fighting a mob 10 levels higher than you. It was far worse than a rank 0 fighting a previous top rank player.

I watched a rank 100 warrior priest kill a full group of medium rank players. They simply could hardly hurt him. I quit that day and never looked back and i had a few rank 80s I guess it was in full sov gear.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:28 pm

Mordd wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm ok so there is none of that bull **** like warhammer did with the expansion of gaining actual levels. If i remember they bumped it from 80 to 100 and every two renown ranks you effectively gained a level. The biggest problem with this at least when they first did it is you had all of the positives and negatives of fighting a mob 10 levels higher than you. It was far worse than a rank 0 fighting a previous top rank player.

I watched a rank 100 warrior priest kill a full group of medium rank players. They simply could hardly hurt him. I quit that day and never looked back and i had a few rank 80s I guess it was in full sov gear.
Nah, none of that stuff. I personally felt the same pain. Will do what I can to make sure it's not repeated here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

vianiznice

Post#7 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:30 pm

255, unlikely it will ever go beyond that.

mogt

Post#8 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:37 am

yes

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#9 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:54 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:28 pm
Mordd wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm ok so there is none of that bull **** like warhammer did with the expansion of gaining actual levels. If i remember they bumped it from 80 to 100 and every two renown ranks you effectively gained a level. The biggest problem with this at least when they first did it is you had all of the positives and negatives of fighting a mob 10 levels higher than you. It was far worse than a rank 0 fighting a previous top rank player.

Nah, none of that stuff. I personally felt the same pain. Will do what I can to make sure it's not repeated here.
nice! ... oh wait... I saw a DPS AM Pre-kite, kite, turn around and kill 5 ppl without a sweat..... Same with a WL.
True story sir! :?
]

Ornament

Post#10 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:40 am

Let me get this straight.. You think having a measly extra 10 renown points to spend somehow puts a player over the top.
I think it most likely would be do to higher skilled players because that simply would not present much more of an advantage at all.
I personally would be just fine with expanding renown.