Recent Topics

Ads

Good class for 6man comp on destro

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Good class for 6man comp on destro

Post#21 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Marauder is a better/more versatile class for warband and 6v6 than the WL.

WL appears stronger in pug farming environments because frontloaded burst is much more easily recognisable when pugs are being blown up.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#22 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:21 pm

The problem in a 6-men is that someone is going to have to do the burst or high sustained damage and you're going to need 2 of those someones against order 6-men.

Mara damage can be good but it's nowhere near what a WE or Sorc can do. It's not even close. It's also a choice, damage or debuff for a mara but not both.
In my opinion and experience Marauder is a good pug killer but it lacks that itsy bitsy thing whatever spec you go or try. I tried again but couldn't even go further than level 12 or so this time with a Marauder before switching back to a WE or my Sorc.

Marauders survive longer in the frontlines but my Sorc is the one you should fear because
Sorc damage in melee range >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marauder -> anytime, any day.
And I don't have to talk about a WE in melee vs Marauder.

Give it a go neoking but don't expect wonders from a Marauder.
I find a Marauder anemic so don't let me even start with my opinion on BG damage.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

kkprfx

Post#23 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:26 pm

>sorc in melee range
don't post about 6v6 and 6 mans please
Gabber

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Marauder DPS is more than satisfactory for 6-man play (even when debuffing), but level 12 is far too early to realise/see the potential of the class. BG DPS is very good, too.

ragafury

Post#25 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Mara gets some of its core tactics very late (fof, piercing bite, deeply impaled).

And for the core spec you need 40 + rr50, before that the picture is very flawed.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

neutrino

Post#26 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:33 pm

neokingdom wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:07 am Hey all! As the title suggests, i'm looking for a good class to play in 6man groups and other small group content.

My favorite group comp I see on Order's side, and the one i get crushed by the most is WL, Slayer, Kotbs, IB, RP and some other class. Would the mirror of this work well? If so, i'd be most interested in playing a mara or bg. I currently have a 47 we and 48 sorc.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!
BG. You'll have to handle Hate mechanic versus Mara stances. You do not have a tank in your menu of characters. BG is a nice blend which will give you some versatility.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

neokingdom

Post#27 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:32 pm

neutrino wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:33 pm
neokingdom wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:07 am Hey all! As the title suggests, i'm looking for a good class to play in 6man groups and other small group content.

My favorite group comp I see on Order's side, and the one i get crushed by the most is WL, Slayer, Kotbs, IB, RP and some other class. Would the mirror of this work well? If so, i'd be most interested in playing a mara or bg. I currently have a 47 we and 48 sorc.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!
BG. You'll have to handle Hate mechanic versus Mara stances. You do not have a tank in your menu of characters. BG is a nice blend which will give you some versatility.
Yeah, i'm more inclined to level my bg for that reason. I'd like to have a tank so I can be more useful. We've been really short on tanks lately. I already have solid dps classes.
Nidwin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:21 pm I find a Marauder anemic so don't let me even start with my opinion on BG damage.
I mean that's fine, its not really the point of a BG.

Seams

Post#28 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:41 am

For One I would say BG over Mara, cause every tank in this game seems to be more durable while in full dps spec than any dps and from what I have seen the direction of the game it seems to be outlast your enemy and win.
WHY Mara no for 6 man? first in every spec without a zealot you will be AP starved and potting AP pot during a fight can cost you that kill to pressure other team.
Second, Init is so bad on class that having to get chance to be crit under 8% in order to then get futile strikex2 is costly and if not done then you spend more on futile strike. This takes away from other place to spend RR and you already have dog **** resistance and dodge/disrupt so new AM changes eat you up along with staple for Order range 6 man with BW/SW where a KD or a punt and your dead.
Last, the so called cookie cutter spec of savage/brut is great but lacks alot cause its clsoe to 3 GCD before guillotine and by that time against any 6 man the target is healed. Montsro switch, Ferious Assualt/Mutated Aggressor, Pulverize. You could choose to not do this and either get a Parry or not hit hard enough for the kill that why this has to be used.
Some observations from my gameplay. why you see no 80+ mara that play the class that is "so good" on a consistent basis.

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#29 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 am

dansari wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:23 am Yeah when I say a high skill ceiling I mean that the class is very intricate and if you spend a lot of time on the class you can be very good.
unlike DPS AM and WL :|
]

dansari

Post#30 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:55 am

davispeed wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 am
dansari wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:23 am Yeah when I say a high skill ceiling I mean that the class is very intricate and if you spend a lot of time on the class you can be very good.
unlike DPS AM and WL :|
And zealot, yes.
<Salt Factory>