Recent Topics

Ads

About bags, medals and general RVR

Let's talk about... everything else
ShaerTorathial

Re: About bags, medals and general RVR

Post#51 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:08 pm

I am only very, very new; so please understand that my response is from a T1 perspective and may not fully encompass all aspects of RVR.

I like the AAO malus in principle, most simply because of the human morale bonus given (as stated previously in this thread). Pre-malus I've even seen outnumbered players quit as they were 'sick of being farmed'.

I principally play Order and when I play we have the numbers. I LOVE it when a sneaky WE makes her kills on a BO (OMG, some really good WE out there). I salute the Destro players that make it tough for us; being outnumbered they bloody well should get rewards.

May need some tweaks. The flip side of all this was being a WB leader and trying (unsuccessfully) to shift some players off BOs to go hunt Destro players (we were getting no rewards for kills - incentive was to simply camp BOs in strength). I feel that perhaps the malus promoted that.

Later that day I led another WB which was glorious! People roamed with me and we had some great fights. We were rewarded for capping the zone (again no kill rewards) and the outnumbered Destro were rewarded for giving us a fight. It seemed fair.

As I said, I don't have the history and play time to make this a really cogent response and fully acknowledge my thoughts and experience on this may be shallow in this regard; but I like the changes.
Tarathi Steelsheen - White Lion - "We have borne axes since we stood with Caledor. Why change now?"

Ads
Xtaziz

Post#52 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:23 pm

ShaerTorathial wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:08 pm I am only very, very new; so please understand that my response is from a T1 perspective and may not fully encompass all aspects of RVR.

I like the AAO malus in principle, most simply because of the human morale bonus given (as stated previously in this thread). Pre-malus I've even seen outnumbered players quit as they were 'sick of being farmed'.

I principally play Order and when I play we have the numbers. I LOVE it when a sneaky WE makes her kills on a BO (OMG, some really good WE out there). I salute the Destro players that make it tough for us; being outnumbered they bloody well should get rewards.

May need some tweaks. The flip side of all this was being a WB leader and trying (unsuccessfully) to shift some players off BOs to go hunt Destro players (we were getting no rewards for kills - incentive was to simply camp BOs in strength). I feel that perhaps the malus promoted that.

Later that day I led another WB which was glorious! People roamed with me and we had some great fights. We were rewarded for capping the zone (again no kill rewards) and the outnumbered Destro were rewarded for giving us a fight. It seemed fair.

As I said, I don't have the history and play time to make this a really cogent response and fully acknowledge my thoughts and experience on this may be shallow in this regard; but I like the changes.
Totally offtopic, but is great seeing you lead warbands being a new player! Keep at it since it's a role always wanted!
Akuraz|Kimochiii
www.twitch.tv/XTAZIZ

Berzar

Post#53 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Great thread so far, it's cool to see so many people passionate about the game.

I appreciate the intention behind the change, having a balanced population is a good goal to strive for.

Unfortunately, the open world RvR system is a delicate ecosystem. You make one change, even a small one, and it can have far reaching effects. It already feels like a great many people avoid player combat in the lakes, it makes more sense to sit on an objective or at the keep, that's where all the rewards come from. That should never be the case, and it feels bad to see. That destroys the heart of the game.

Unless open RvR is going to be reworked so that captures are possible without having a larger force, I can see this change having an overall negative impact in the short term. My suggestion would be cap the malus reduction at 50% for now, and perhaps give additional rewards to the underplayed side. Whether this be in the form of more currency from kills, unique item drops while outnumbered, the chance of having random items spawn in the lakes granting extra stats ala the golden stein, or even granting random players the champion buff from the old city siege fight.

I'm interested to see how this plays out, I just hope that there will be quick intervention if it becomes clear it's hurting the game.
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

Hargrim
Developer

Post#54 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm

mikke wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 am Agree. Killing is the main part of any MMORPG game.

And we need arena sc for sure - 1vs1, 2vs2. Reduced time of sc and reduced reward.

Great idea! Just need to reduce the rewards to 0.

Oculta

Post#55 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:12 pm

@hargrim

Give us more of these rich comments. This malus kills just any fun. Do not punish the players for your ^^mistakes.

There is no other target in RvR than killing each other to reach progress in RR / Equip etc ....
And if we look at the history of this server, each side has dominated and the other has underperformed. Instead of making the RvR static, you have to speed it up. BO Mechanics like Live Servers. No Keep Lords, only defending a flag. Give players goals to move to other areas/campaigns.

Or, just sit down with experienced PuG leaders and players from the small scale guilds/playerbase and work out a sensible concept which will satisfy the majority of the players, like the last big change . And not such a hasty ^^ hotfix / complete gamechanger °° thing.

Is it not possible as a community that loves and lives the game to shape this game/server together.

Excuse the rough tone, I respect what you have done so far for us . But this time I can not just sit quietly and relax. And to see our guild and group slowly disappearing.

Sorry for the bad english.

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

Morf

Post#56 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Do you realize that your non stop sarcastic comments give off the impression you dont care or listen to what the players think ? do u honestly think it helps the situation ? what ever happen to Yaliskah's promises of change ? seriously if you cared about the server you would take it seriously and not belittle your playerbase all the time.

As for malus aao, i have noticed no difference in terms of population since the change, the same players i saw before i still see, no doubt playing the class they enjoy over the class they can gain the more points on.
    Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Hargrim
    Developer

Post#57 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm

@morf

Do you realie I actually think that this can exist as no reward contest between people who like something smaller than 6v6 SC? I just dont think it should be rewarded in any way.

Hargrim
    Developer

Post#58 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 pm

@oculta

I don’t punish anyone and I didn’t comment about the malus in any capacity so I guess it was directed more at a team as a whole than me.

Ads
    GodlessCrom
    Suspended

Post#59 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:30 pm

...wouldnt no reward 1v1 arena just be duelling? At least give a chance for emblems to drop :D

Would legit play the hell out of 2v2 arena though.
    Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

mikke

Post#60 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm
    mikke wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 am Agree. Killing is the main part of any MMORPG game.

And we need arena sc for sure - 1vs1, 2vs2. Reduced time of sc and reduced reward.
    Arenas got chance to become popular even with zero reward.