Ads

About bags, medals and general RVR

Let's talk about... everything else
Athergic

Re: About bags, medals and general RVR

Post#71 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:59 am

Athergic wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 am I agree with Volgograd's post
Spoiler:
Morf isn't wrong though, a lot of people have felt the burn from Dev feed back. It makes me feel like a pile of poopoo, when I want to understand something better, and get a snarky or degrading response.

Like everyone knows whats going on with the server except the poor souls asking legit questions. It's not really easy to forget the drama that occurred on the server not to long ago, promises were made, but it certainly doesn't feel like they have been kept.

Reasonable concerns have been raised here, and I see no response from anyone that can actually do anything about it. Which makes me feel like a nuisance when I want to bring concerns to the table, or bug reports, or any sort of contribution for this game.

Wheres the transparency?

Any negative post is treated as a whine thread from whiners who just don't get it, cause they are so busy whining.

WAR used to be home for everyone who enjoyed pvp game play.

I have seen more and more bold posts, stomping on the line of what used to be acceptable. It's not that these people feel immune to punishment, they are likely still nervous and uncomfortable just like me right now. It's just that they have nothing to lose anymore.

It's not a fading of nostalgia, it's a fading of the fundamentals that made this game so much fun to begin with.
Edited it for you since you intentionally or unintentionally ignored previous post.
So, elaborate your point about agreement please.
Thanks, It took me about 30 minutes to write that comment so I don't know why i'm edited, sorry for the mix up
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Oculta

Post#72 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 am

We can also post again solution for solution .... or as I already mentioned!

Make a round table with:

- experienced PuG leader NA / EU
- experienced small scale players
- some casual players to hear their opinion too
- and you the CM's / DEV'S and Managment

With these people you develop a meaningful concept in a transparent way.

None of us players has the patent recipe on hand. But I am sure that there are very good suggestions. Which if we are honest often do not even appear in the forum because they:

1. be torned by the small forum community
2. many good comments just sink into the endless offtopic
3. pointless one-liners come from the staff

All in all, it is currently spinning in a circle and only we can break this together.

So you know each one of them is able to tackle the problem together

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

AxelF

Post#73 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 am

Oculta wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 am We can also post again solution for solution .... or as I already mentioned!

Make a round table with:

- experienced PuG leader NA / EU
    - experienced small scale players
    - some casual players to hear their opinion too
    - and you the CM's / DEV'S and Managment

With these people you develop a meaningful concept in a transparent way.

None of us players has the patent recipe on hand. But I am sure that there are very good suggestions. Which if we are honest often do not even appear in the forum because they:

1. be torned by the small forum community
    2. many good comments just sink into the endless offtopic
    3. pointless one-liners come from the staff

All in all, it is currently spinning in a circle and only we can break this together.

So you know each one of them is able to tackle the problem together
    This exact idea was done about 5 months ago now, discussions between some devs and a very experienced, knowledgeable group of players. They came up with some great solutions for balancing classes and making more classes viable in both 6 man and WB scale.

At the final stage it was all vetoed by the usual suspect, thrown out - never to be spoken of again. Sigh.

Charon

Post#74 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:17 am

Hi all, im experienced player with long history of play in both aor and ror

small proposal for malus issue

It has good and bad side however, in current stage aao penalty is too harsh in my opinion, so....

- lets change aplication of malus and alow it at aao 40% or 50 %. Dispropportion of population at this stage is normal for rvr and in this spectrum will not negatively ifluence solo or small scale play in rvr zone. If zerging breaks this point malus might be even harsher and biger than now.
    - add percentage increase / decrese of morale gain in rvr with aao (it should allow to break current morale cap). It may help weaker side to use morales and fight with zerg by use them via for example morale bomb and decrese ability to use this tactic by zerging side.
    Karak Azgal - Haron WP
    Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
    RoR:
    - Chaeron - SM
    - Nogrun - magnet eng
    - Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

madrocks
    Suspended

Post#75 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Woa.. so much text walls. My fading millennial ability to keep the concentration up is just not helping.

You want feedback on aao malus? Bags and small scale?

It's very simple, there is no big science on whatever you people are trying to find an answer to.
    It would be all fun and games if the Destro players that play Order now would just not do it.
    (How is Order realm Oxygene? Tu t'amuses là-bas?)

It's fine by me if you want to play that WL/Engi/Kotbs (lol)/BW/AM (hisper jesus) so badly, but don't come on the forums and do what Order does.

Now the constructive part..

The only way to get rid of this AAO malus is changing the way Zone BO work, again. BO must be a motivation to split the main force of a realm and "balance"/shift the distribution of players in the zone. It's fine if you have 140 man, but you should need to take risks capping BO and getting ready for a siege. Simple as that.
    Stuff like 6 man minimum to cap and hold a bo. There is many ways there, depending on code, bla blub.
    Look at eve online, huge fleets just taking sovrenity in game zones was a big issue. Now they found a way to split the fleets and give the smaller factions a chance to compete by adding Objectives to capture and hold.

Another solution would be to give the Keep Lord more dps when AAO applies and make the keep lord lootable or add a seccond roll for keep lord loot. (fancy loot please, proper talisman etc.)

Ultimately the AAO malus (if it sticks around) will eventually provoke a stalemate in the zones. By players comming back to destro or leaving the game (your choice).
    Stalemate only dissolve in three ways: switch zone, xrealm or proper warbands (guild, good mixed pug).

I understand your frustration about the AAO malus. But then again: Sorry not sorry. (:
    Sucks to be you and we are certainly enjoying it on the Destro realm as we don't feel so much like lambs in a slaughterhouse anymore.
    Winteam joining playstyle certainly provoked that AA) malus. At this part a little wave to the xrealmers.
    No realm should be rewarded for running around as 150 man and farming the 100aao realm.

Now to bags, bags are nice.. everyone loves a Bag.
    More gold in the bags please, also more crafting materials or chance of different ones (I hope bags don't have limited space by code).
    Would be nice to refuse a roll so other players have a higher chance for the gold/purple ones, as I have full vanq and could have 2 or 3 sets by now with the amount of gold bags I won.
    Last edited by madrocks on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Lutz

CountTalabecland

Post#76 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:15 pm
    CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:10 pm
    mikke wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Arenas got chance to become popular even with zero reward.
    I would for sure do that whether it had an award or not. Duos would be awesome.
    An awesome way to enable yet a new set of whines about balance.
    Much like solo roaming, winning and losing with that few people comes down to skill and positioning. Nothing to whine about except one's own shortcomings.
    Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Eathisword

Post#77 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm
    Eathisword wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm When Gunbad is more exciting than RvR... something is wrong in the WAR (no offense to Grunbag and the PvE staff).
    End of rant, had to get it out of me.
    First time someone says that gunbad is exciting !!!!
    I had never done it mate. Just did it like 4 times in the past week. It is in some ways much better than I anticipated. Some of the boss fight are cool. Still too many mobs trash for my taste but hey, they give good talis frags.

Now just ''tweak'' the numbers so the main tank get 1st contribution every PQ instead of last, will ya. I need ma boots !
    Farfadet, RR72 shaman
    Volgograd, RR80 IB
    Video thread here.

Grunbag
    Former Staff

Post#78 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:19 pm

Eathisword wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:12 pm
    Grunbag wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pm
    Eathisword wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm When Gunbad is more exciting than RvR... something is wrong in the WAR (no offense to Grunbag and the PvE staff).
    End of rant, had to get it out of me.
    First time someone says that gunbad is exciting !!!!
    I had never done it mate. Just did it like 4 times in the past week. It is in some ways much better than I anticipated. Some of the boss fight are cool. Still too many mobs trash for my taste but hey, they give good talis frags.

Now just ''tweak'' the numbers so the main tank get 1st contribution every PQ instead of last, will ya. I need ma boots !
    No worries I was joking ! I already toned down gunbad and I rather focus on bastion stairs now , it’s soon ready to be tested . On live i recall bloodlord was off spec for tank ;)
    Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
    Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
    Martok

Post#79 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 pm

Eathisword wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pmThere should not be penalties/malus for killing people in a PvP game, in the freaking PvP zone.

I agree.
    Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Martok

Post#80 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 pmFirst time someone says that gunbad is exciting !!!!

I ran it for the first time a couple of days ago. Much more fun than I recall the live version being, and it didn't take fracking forever. So, you know, revels.
    Blame It On My ADD Baby...