Recent Topics

Ads

About bags, medals and general RVR

Let's talk about... everything else
Eathisword

About bags, medals and general RVR

Post#1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi... I try to refrain myself for commenting on changes and dev stuff. But the last patch really hit me hard. So I can't resist the urge!

The AAO malus is gonna kill whatever is left of the non-WB stuff that exist in this game.
The individual bag reward system is killing it also for a decently long time.

When T4 came out... imo, it was great. The composition in the lakes was varied : soloer, gankers, 6 man, PuG WB, pro-WB, etc.
To farm Annihilator back then, you had to farm the freaking 800-1000 medals. No way around it : the fact that only 1 gold bag was dropping for hundreds of player per zone, was making killing players mandatory to hope to gear up. And the target goal was clear: 1000 kills would have one guy fully geared up in your group. 6 man would funnel medals to their healers first, then their tanks, etc. For a good long while, we got Anni and conq through kills.

And then, we got individual loot roll. For every keep take, a gazillion bags would be created. Killing stopped being mandatory. 6 man disappeared, soloers disapeared (also with the help of guardian WL but this is another story) and only mass of blobbing WB are left. Now you only have to play a lot. You can play bad, never kill anything, follow the blob and eventually you get geared and you get RR80. Edit : basically now, you can purposefully avoid any fight and still get everything, from renown to gear.

Back then, you'D have premade on both sides. 2-3 premades would log on the AAO side to farm. Which, in turn, would make rival guilds log 1-2 premade to fight them off, because of pride or something. Same for WB. Killing was the main game for a lot of players. And suddently it stopped. Capping keeps became the main game, the only game. And capping keeps requires AAO.

Now that all is left basically is WB capping keeps with AAO (since this is how you gear up, get renown, get everything), we get that AAO malus which is killing any incentive left for players on the dominating side to actual look for small fights, which are the main fun left for the dominated side. Them fights don't reward nothing anymore. So all is left is to afk at keep like the rest or X-realm... while x-realming has been seen as something the team don't want to encourage... THis is confusing for me.

Why not go the other way around : remove gold bags from keep loot (keep purple, blue if need be). Make every kill drop medal, give renown... Make one of the goal of the game to smash ourselves in the face again. Cause this relentless and mandatory focus on keep locks by multiple WB is killing it. This should be a PvP game. Not a PvDoor or PvLord one.

There should not be penalties/malus for killing people in a PvP game, in the freaking PvP zone.

When Gunbad is more exciting than RvR... something is wrong in the WAR (no offense to Grunbag and the PvE staff).
End of rant, had to get it out of me.
Last edited by Eathisword on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: About bags, medals and general RVR

Post#2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Agreed on all counts. Make kills count most, give medals for each kill. Keeps have been made better since the days of 20 minute ping-pong reset games with Lord, but still, pve is not why we play WAR.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Oculta

Post#3 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:14 pm

There is nothing to add.

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

ToXoS

Post#4 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Looks like I'm not missing anything.

Vanmeldebrecht

Post#5 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Agreed, bump!

geezereur

Post#6 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 pm

I play on both sides and i agree with the op.

Gangan

Post#7 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:37 pm

Well said. 👍

Make the fighting count.
    Pächter des Wahnsinns
    Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
    Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
    Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
    Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
    originating from Drakenwald

Gatalina