Recent Topics

Ads

Latest Patch Changes POV

Let's talk about... everything else
fagio1989

Latest Patch Changes POV

Post#1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 am

Hello there,

I just wanted to say my pov for the latest patch dropped upon my main class: the Witch Elf.

The class was a bit too static, using just 1 skill (AW) to be able to make the damages our "mirror" class does, so on this point we can improve something as you said.
I was a frenzies user (like Sacrificial Stab) even before the latest patch, and I was satisfied about it cause it gave me the sustain on health I miss, WH has parry buffs, so I was able to heal myself a bit (around 800x2attacks) and he was able to parry 100% for 7 seconds.
But Sacrificial Stab was nerfed as well.

At the end, on our side we lost 15% Crit Chance, damages sustain, Elixir of power to improve something that doesn't work at all with the "burst" style of the WE.

WH got the same tactic that let them ignore armor for 50% value after an absolution.

Arrived at this point, if a Witch Elf must be less burst than before to be more like WH, we should be able to cover the Witch Hunter output of damages to be fair.

My proposal is to put the class mirrored as possible and see if everyone are happy about it; on Destro people will love to not be the underdog anymore, and at least would be a clear sign of will to improve in both factions.

For the moment I don't have the will to reroll something else, or change faction as many friends/people is doing so I prefer to stop a bit and see how the situation will be developed.

Regards,
Tristaluna
Last edited by fagio1989 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Luuca

Re: Latest Patch Changes POV

Post#2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 am

fagio1989 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 am Hello there,

...on Destro people will love to not be the underdog anymore...

Regards,
Tristaluna
Pot, meet Kettle.

ToXoS

Post#3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 am

Even with the +15% crit chance tactic at 5 finisher points, WE was never at the same level of damage of WH. Torment + BAL is so much better as a burst, I'm kinda worried that WE didn't received a good finisher already by the balance team.
I guess Witchbrew could be good if it didn't have an ICD. But right now and as always, WH > WE, both at burst damage and survivability.

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 am

So if they 100% mirror these two classes why not do that on every class due to perceived differences?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

fagio1989

Post#5 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:58 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 am So if they 100% mirror these two classes why not do that on every class due to perceived differences?
I would like to have all the classes mirrored, I swear.

because it seems to be the only way to balance it, no excuses if was like this

fagio1989

Post#6 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 am

ToXoS wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 am Even with the +15% crit chance tactic at 5 finisher points, WE was never at the same level of damage of WH. Torment + BAL is so much better as a burst, I'm kinda worried that WE didn't received a good finisher already by the balance team.
I guess Witchbrew could be good if it didn't have an ICD. But right now and as always, WH > WE, both at burst damage and survivability.
I tried a friend WH 40 50 for a week, and yes, with the right rotation its superior but at least I was able to do damages on WE as well.
Now it's totally a mess... It's not engraved in the stone so I hope to be able to come back on Warhammer one day.

fagio1989

Post#7 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 am

fagio1989 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:22 am My proposal is to put the class mirrored as possible and see if everyone are happy about it
Another good proposal who can FORCE you to use the Frenzies would be

"Frenzied Mayhem gives you 3% critical chance x each bloodlust spend on the last frenzie for X seconds"

Imho the Crit Chance is must for this class or can only do less damage than the specular

bichka

Post#8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:04 am

>and he was able to parry 100% for 7 seconds
isn't RB is 4s long?
7s is M1 which is have any mdps.

"- Sacrificial Stab is now "You offer up your target as a sacrifice, stabbing them twice and healing yourself for all damage that you dealt. For the next 10 seconds your autoattack damage will be increased by 10% for each resource point spent on the attack.". Ability has had its positional requirement removed."

actually it's buff, but it's crappy ability itself. Debuff and buff is too weak to take it serious.
Only positive thing about this finisher - it's require points in 3rd branch which is passively increasing AW damage.

"- Frenzied Mayhem - This tactic has been reworked and will no longer give a flat 3% critical rate per resource points held, instead it will increase the damage of your finishers by 5% per point used on them. For example if you have 1 finisher point and use Puncture, it will do 5% more damage, if you have 5 finisher points then use Puncture it will do 25% more damage. (Witchbrew is not affected)
"
nerfed to trash :) Finishers do lol damage on most targets.

"Mark of Morathi - New tactic - This will increase your Autoattack speed by 50% upon the use of a finisher ability for 10 seconds."
Interesting, but pointless, since WB and kisses have icd. Autoattacks itself do lol damage, and unlike WH with armor debuff pistol from epic quest, WE unable to debuff armor.
PA with about 130 WS is nothing and mean no healdebuff.

"Bleeding Edge - New tactic - Upon the use of a finisher you increase your Armor Penetration by 50% for 3 seconds. Placed at 11 points Path of Carnage."
Finally something really good ... in theory. Actually now i see reason to spec AA increase tactic and use finishers. I guess this doesn't works with WB...

PS. Only one question about BE - armor penetration applied BEFORE finisher's damage or AFTER? If after - finishers is still pointless. Just for buffing armor penetration. But 3s looks meh. 2-4 autoattacks vs 15% damage tactics :/

PPS. No way. I playing scs mostly and there no way i go into OYK build with this BE. I prefer builds with healdebuff. So almost nothing changed for me except nerf to FM, "charge" analogue is now removed and nothing good added :/

Well still good old AW spam + probably WB. Because all this pesky tanky WPs/WLs and tons of kobts will laugh on my AA.

FM is killed, %crit chance in gear is reduced. Seriously, WE is supposed to kill via crits. But most our targets aka healers have anticrit build. FM was about to help here.

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#9 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:42 am

No classes will be mirrored directly, I believe.

Though you are still welcome to provide your feedback on the changes.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

bichka

Post#10 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 am

Changes for SS is actually good.
Idk what was a reason to roll back changes for slice and removing "charge".

Seems we are returning back to question - what point of WH/WE in rvr? There no place for them in [proper] WB. Slice did too much damage? :)