Recent Topics

Ads

Not a whine but question

Let's talk about... everything else
Nameless

Re: Not a whine but question

Post#11 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:11 pm

carlos wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am Only in rvr you can roam and gank properly with wh/we. There is nothing wrong with getting best set from rvr.
Personally, i love the role to "save/end lives" by giving the correct information as a scout for the WB leaders (read: mostly Cature).
To do that u dont need to be at wb, dont need to be even grouped. So what is your role exacly? Being one of many so win by numbers is achieved.
It is true that numbers make the zerg stronger but even as number wh/wl are last from the list
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Urdeg

Post#12 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Urdeg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 pm To my mind this is a meme and a stigma. Witch Hunters and Witch Elves have strong uses in oRvR and its still worth having tjem in your warband in my opinion, especially if you're going to be sieging.

I'm also of the strong opinion that your class can suffer a nerf and still be playable. Thats par for the course in an MMO
Yeah haha. I myself find it to be a bretty gud meme that words like this are coming from a person with Bitterstone guild tag. You have your fun roleplay warbands, but they are absurdly ineffective due to existing balance issues and class limitations. Just like how WE/WH are absurdly ineffective after these nerfs "fixing" the class.
WH/WE have no AoE left, a finisher with 10s CD doesn't mean anything when it comes to generating AoE pressure that is the role of a dps player in warband. They can gank solo players, or basically just duel each other in the lakes while the actual warbands cap BOs, ram down doors and take down keeplords and set funnels and pushes. The WE/WH as a class is a big joke, doing their own stuff on the sidelines of the actual RvR action. They are shut out of the endgame RvR content, which is Warbands taking keeps. They will have no spot in future content, that is Warbands taking Forts. And what the gonna do when we get Cities one year, gank the people trying to get to City while other classes do the actual City content?
I'm lucky I finished my Redeye ward on my WE when it still had AoE abilities. No way I'm going down the Gunbad-hole again, going through 9 hard PQs with several hundred of mobs and trying to Single target all the mobs down... Gonna wait if the class gets "unfixed" some day so the City dungeons don't have to be STgrinded on WE/WHs.i
Wow buddy there was a lot there and only a sliver is worth responding to. I want siege equipment dead and stuns / dps on casters. Thats why these classes are welcome in my opinion. Take a nice bath, relax and come back with a post and not a temper tantrum.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Ranged can kill siege equipment and CC casters, and dont have to be in suicide range to do it, and can actually contribute damage beyond ST.

Do you have a WH or WE m8? You seem pretty determined to defend the dev changes at all turns but have you even played one?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

anarchypark

Post#14 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 pm

you limiting your play style to AoE is astonishing, like obsessed.
game don't have to support your limited view. actually, shouldn't.

play aoe class, simple.
aoe assassin is unheard of any game.

why trying to turn most class into aoe?

A. I'm bored, wanna try other class but keep this aoe morale bomb meta
B. to whine after it's rejected
C. wanna BW with WH outfit.
D. Others.

btw, new survey system is cool.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 pm you limiting your play style to AoE is astonishing, like obsessed.
game don't have to support your limited view. actually, shouldn't.

play aoe class, simple.
aoe assassin is unheard of any game.

why trying to turn most class into aoe?

A. I'm bored, wanna try other class but keep this aoe morale bomb meta
B. to whine after it's rejected
C. wanna BW with WH outfit.
D. Others.

btw, new survey system is cool.
Warband meta play is dictated by classes who either bring high AoE DPS, incredible utility, or morale bomb potential. Bearing this in mind, then, I can empathise with complaints pertaining to WE/WH that stem from this stance, and think it should be a desirable objective for all classes to have some semblance of a role in the main draw to the game.

It's not a 'limited view' whatsoever.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charon

Post#16 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 pm

I think that there is not point to talk about warband we/wh any more. We come back to old good days where those classes where only small scale for good or bad (after last changes both become even better in that role). Torquemadra closed similar topic so its done.

I have different question. Will order get any time soon replacment for Maruder which aoe wh pretend to be in it gimpy way
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:22 pm

He primarily plays in an orvr warband, and against other warbands, aoe is king. Since the devs have declared orvr to be the focus of the game, it makes sense to have classes be viable in the most important part of the game.

Wh/we are good at solo roaming and small group content. But why cant they also be good in warbands? What reason, other than Torque decreeing it so, justifies making them arbitrarily bad at an entire portion of the game?

(it also makes them suck in pve, which the devs seem hellbent on pushing on the playerbase too)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

szejoza

Post#18 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:25 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 pm ...
it might be hard for you to grasp it but
WH/WE is fully viable in T1 due to it's constant pop fluctuations and tons of soloers
WH/WE is not so viable in merged T4 (T2-T4 keeps) but can succesfully get rewards nevertheless
WH/WE will not be viable in fort sieges where Warband+ size combat rules and there is no place for stragglers/roamers/soloers

answer then, why these two classes (and maybe some others but let's keep it simple) should be excluded from end game
Spoiler:

Ads
carlos

Post#19 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Nameless wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:11 pm
carlos wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am Only in rvr you can roam and gank properly with wh/we. There is nothing wrong with getting best set from rvr.
Personally, i love the role to "save/end lives" by giving the correct information as a scout for the WB leaders (read: mostly Cature).
To do that u dont need to be at wb, dont need to be even grouped. So what is your role exacly? Being one of many so win by numbers is achieved.
It is true that numbers make the zerg stronger but even as number wh/wl are last from the list
True, though i wouln't be very prone to do it if im not in a WB.

My honest point is that there is way to much focus on complaining instead of adapting... more or less what ever the devs/balance mods are doing, everyone seems to be focused on "their" class change (which of course always are a nerf... according to the complainer).
I exclusively play WH and now i apperently have to adapt and as i previously wrote, i always find place in a WB (most often led by Hugueon/Yuss, Chezy, Cature etc.)

I play the game, i have fun doing it.... also, i think (though don't take my word for it) that most ppl who are playing this game focus on the enjoyment of it.
Starfkr

Darks63

Post#20 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Soloing equals poop bags in rvr.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.