Recent Topics

Ads

Did Torquemadra leave the team?

Let's talk about... everything else
tazdingo

Re: Did Torquemadra leave the team?

Post#21 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:52 pm

sad to hear, best of luck to him. he did what was necessary to stop runaway egos from ruining the server for everyone else

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#22 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:29 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know that many had problems with his brusque manner, however I was never one of them and I appreciated his straight forward attitude and the passion that he brought to this project.

No one can agree 100% with any of the myriad decisions that the Dev's have made, but looking back on balance choices that Torque made most were very well thought out and in the long run improved the game immeasurably. I didn't speak with him often, but whenever I did bring some aspect of the game balance to his attention, he always revealed some detail that I hadn't even considered. Personally I think that this project will be poorer without him.

Best of luck to you Torquemadra, in all that you do in the future. And thank you for all that work that you did here. Seriously...

THANK YOU.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

wonshot

Post#23 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:24 pm

For a few reasons does this strike me to be abit wierd with no official annoucement, yet an other loss on the longstanding team behind RoR, and we get to hear it from an unofficial source first?

Sure there have been much talk and debate about the man himself, but I just want to focus on the fact that an other member is gone from the team and therefor the work burden will be heavier on the remaining shoulders i'd assume?

Out of respect for personal matters or whatever the reasoning was, looking forward will there be attempts made towards filling the shoes, and I cant help wondering of this might open up for a potential Aza return (guess others have the same thourghts after hearing about Torq's departure)

- If the community could look pass what has happend in the past with Torq, as shown in previous pages in this topic, can the remaining dev team maybe do the same with Aza :thinking:

As for Torq, I dont know what changes and work he should be credited, and called out for, but one less man on the team is a loss in my book.

https://imgur.com/a/isyyiVk
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

saupreusse
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Not everyone likes to make a great fuss about such matters...in fact most ex team members left really quietly. I dont think thats weird at all.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:28 am

saupreusse wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 pm Not everyone likes to make a great fuss about such matters...in fact most ex team members left really quietly. I dont think thats weird at all.
Nobody cares when everybodys darling is quietly leaving. :D

About Torquemadra: If I understand Wagrimnir correcty, there was no serious issue. He simply will focus on other projects. So I wish him well and hope his leaving is for the better of RoR.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM