Recent Topics

Ads

Status of the Choppa ?.

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Status of the Choppa ?.

Post#101 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Diggot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm Thanks for the forum-mods for the patience, i can be rather testing in my crusade for class-balance, especially since i main choppa.
Afaik you don't search for class balance, you are looking for buffs to compensate your lack of knowledge. No offense but you have to fully master your class first, before making suggestions.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Diggot
Suspended

Post#102 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 pm Afaik you don't search for class balance, you are looking for buffs to compensate your lack of knowledge. No offense but you have to fully master your class first, before making suggestions.
When even healers can easily soloroam and melt enemies in a few seconds, while an Mdps class has less dmg,
less survivability AND requires babysitting to perform - i call unbalanced.. not lack of skill.

Show me any choppa that can solo a dps-AM for example.

wachlarz

Post#103 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Diggot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm Ok. So after 10 pages of pointing out flaws and cracks in the class, i think we've come to
the conlusion that Choppas are not a viable class unless you have pocketheal and guard,
and even then... they're easily killed.
There is no hidden multiplier for taking up 3 players to make 1 class on-par with the rest of the classes,
and Choppa abilities are still behind in usefullness compared to the slayers.

So... now to the question - how do we balance the choppa so they either becomes solo-viable and not a free-kill,
or give them the multiplies for requiring 3 classes to make 1 class viable ?.

A few suggestions would be to give them 100% armorpen on their backstab, just like most other mdps.
Give 2handed bonus parry-pen, not just block-pen - it's only logical that you break parry with a 2hander.

And like some others pointed out, i would reduce the penalty for going berserk.

Neither the BW or the Sorc has much of a penalty for going all out, a simple HoT will counter their penalty,
and they are ranged so they have the safety of range. But both Choppas and (reluctantly) slayers does not
have the safety of range.. yet their penalty for going all out, is much much worse.

Thanks for the forum-mods for the patience, i can be rather testing in my crusade for class-balance, especially since i main choppa.
We have now: Drop Da Basha 1m cd, make it 20 sec cd, un-defedable and we have similiar skill like SL Rampage

CountTalabecland

Post#104 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Diggot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:45 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 pm Afaik you don't search for class balance, you are looking for buffs to compensate your lack of knowledge. No offense but you have to fully master your class first, before making suggestions.
When even healers can easily soloroam and melt enemies in a few seconds, while an Mdps class has less dmg,
less survivability AND requires babysitting to perform - i call unbalanced.. not lack of skill.

Show me how this is any different for Slayer? Both the Slayer and the Choppa are designed to be group dependent. Believe me, I hate it too since Slayers should be powerful duelist according to the lore but that is simply not the mechanic. Having no toughness and no resists and no cc = dead mdps in a solo fight. WH/WE and AM/Shammy are designed as kite mobility classes. They are always going to be able to run circles around you solo. WL is king of mdps mobility if you want to solo fight squishies, same goes for mara because he has the survivability and cc to do it. Same for SH if you can manage to out kite the kiters, still tough though with no heals. My point is that not all mdps can solo equally, was never designed that way.

Slayer and Choppa make up for this by providing unmatched constant melee pressure so long as they are fed heals and ap. Yeah they have ST specs but those are still small grp dependent
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

peterthepan3

Post#105 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Diggot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Really not sure how many times I need to stress that this game isn't balanced around 1v1 (and never will be). Of course a DPS healer will kill you in 1v1: he is a healthy mix of damage, healing, and survivability - while you are just damage (possibly some survivability). You won't kill a DPS AM unless he is really bad, or **** up on his kite game (the same is also true of an Engineer, or SW).

Check this video out if you want to see an example of a competent Choppa in a group. Hopefully it will change your mind about the class being crap.

Click here to watch on YouTube

oaliaen

Post#106 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Rly Peter? Go 5 min and you see what a choppa can do whit no heals and no guard.

peterthepan3

Post#107 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm Rly Peter? Go 5 min and you see what a choppa can do whit no heals and no guard.
...the same is true of any class in the game. If you don't have heals or guard, or if your guards are punted/healers are CC'd, you'll be killed. Very poor argument.

Fact is that this vid is a showcase of what a Choppa can do if they player knows how to play to its strengths, and realises that the class shines with a group moreso than any other MDPS.

oaliaen

Post#108 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:17 pm

its ok you guys dont want to tweak choppa..but push this line that choppa is stronger than any other mdps..is just nosense.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#109 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:17 pm

I think the choppa / slayer has some due buffs on their self sustain

The tactic that gives you a hot with rage is bad, ONE 10sec+ dot and it's not worth keeping rage in red, you get critted for like 500-600+

If you reworked the tactic to reduce inc crit dmg by 25% / 50% when red rage, this heal would actually mean something.

Still would not be beneficial to always be in red as your defences are of course pretty much non-existant but it would mitigate a lot of the issues with this tactic pretty well.

Core buffs like toughness buff / ini debuff + ws buff could be more interesting, specially the latter could use some tweaking. Maybe taking the serious penalty to ini would be worth it if it increased your teams crit dmg instead of ws.

Self rez tactic is also wasted potential imo :(

peterthepan3

Post#110 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:17 pm its ok you guys dont want to tweak choppa..but push this line that choppa is stronger than any other mdps..is just nosense.
...'the class shines with a group moreso than any other MDPS'.

Whereas a WE and Marauder can achieve modicum of success in solo, or duos, 3-mans etc., the Choppa is much more dependent on the group in order to shine...but when he does shine? The potential is huge.

That doesn't mean that the 'choppa is stronger than any other mdps', and I've said several times that the Marauder is the best MDPS in the game. Don't strawman.