Recent Topics

Ads

New player looking for advice on classes

Let's talk about... everything else
TenTonHammer

Re: New player looking for advice on classes

Post#11 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 am

Goretreader wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 am Going to jump in here as a new player. I enjoy a having a variety of playstyles across all roles but only really do well in pvp as a healer. Im playing chaos and like many suggest have been playing anything interesting looking at a low level. In my reading so far ive seen that multitasking between healing and dps is undesirable even in the case of a class like shaman where their mechanic revolves around balancing the two. Am i mistaken in this? Or is a healer really just a healbot?
the best destro pure healer atm is zelaot and is a very desirable class at all levels of play your mostly a pure healer but you have some viability as a dps in warband play with things like the heal debuff tactic you can apply in an AoE

Shaman is....not all that great atm relative to the other 2 healers, doing hybrid means your not great at heals or dps but your alright for duo or trio in small scale roaming

DoK can put out some damage with Duel weild or shield but when you go dps dok your basically trading healing power for increased sustainability but your never going to hit hard as a real dps

Ads
Goretreader

Post#12 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:04 am

Tyvm for taking the time to respond. So frontline healing as a dok doesnt really work because again, hybrids dont really work? Thats unfortunate. If im focused on healing and support im unable to survive near the front nor do enough dps to feed into the healing? Also on the topic of support i see that nearly all classes have a mastery line dedicated to support in some way. (Buffs, debuffs, cc, etc) Is support focused not a viable style of play?

Flavorburst

Post#13 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:28 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:37 am
Goretreader wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 am Going to jump in here as a new player. I enjoy a having a variety of playstyles across all roles but only really do well in pvp as a healer. Im playing chaos and like many suggest have been playing anything interesting looking at a low level. In my reading so far ive seen that multitasking between healing and dps is undesirable even in the case of a class like shaman where their mechanic revolves around balancing the two. Am i mistaken in this? Or is a healer really just a healbot?
the best destro pure healer atm is zelaot and is a very desirable class at all levels of play your mostly a pure healer but you have some viability as a dps in warband play with things like the heal debuff tactic you can apply in an AoE

Shaman is....not all that great atm relative to the other 2 healers, doing hybrid means your not great at heals or dps but your alright for duo or trio in small scale roaming

DoK can put out some damage with Duel weild or shield but when you go dps dok your basically trading healing power for increased sustainability but your never going to hit hard as a real dps
You absolutely can and do hit as hard as "real dps" as a dps dok.