Ads

Magus vs Sorc

Let's talk about... everything else
Allistarj

Magus vs Sorc

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:38 am

Hi everyone

Would like some imput on this.

I like to solo / duo. so my problem is that i really like my sorc, but im afraid in investing to much time in it since it might be a painfull experience?

So i thought of doing a magus insted

To add to this im by no means a pro, but i know more then basics of the game and im a good pvp'er

Should i skip the Sorc and just do a magus or is it possible to have a good solo / duo experience as a sorc?

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: Magus vs Sorc

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 am

Even though they are both magic casters, their gameplay is different. Sorc is a bit faster, a bit more mobile whereas magus is stationary and has an extra range. So you choose: Sorc is a guy with a rocket launcher and Magus is a sniper with a bad ass rifle. It all comes down to what playstyle you like more. + Magus is a bit safer since its mechanic doesn't hurt it but still requires some management.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Specialpatrol

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 am

Magus-class is currently overbuffed.

It has insane aoe capability, strong single-target burst, very good solo-survivability, decent cc-capabilities and longer range than any other class in game (except its mirror-class).

Last bit is also why some playing the class decide to abuse terrain and nuke opponents safely from hard-to-reach spots, originally designed to be too far away to function as a gank spot.

Only drawback is the need to be stationary. But with decent gear and knowledge of the class, even this seems to be a minor issue.

Bottomline, go for Magus. It’ll be a breeze compared to soloing on a sorc.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 am

I dont feel that Magus is overbuffed as a turret point defence class in a regular open terrain situation.

The issue as said is the game not being designed with the range in mind. A lot of situations youre completely safe where you arent supposed to be in range and the range of detaunt didnt have the range in mind. Up detaunts range to 150ft only a handful of abilities were meant to outrange detaunt not whole rotations as you just doubled their effectiveness.