Let's talk about... everything else
aa91837

Engi vs Magus dot dmg

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 am

i'm shocked, why engi dmg much higher :?:

Pic 1: engi in full vanq set with 45rr Sc weapons
Spoiler:
6053dmg

Pic 2 : engi in full vanq set with rifle of the dead :!: (Halloween Event Item -0 weapon dps/0stats :!: )
Spoiler:
5141 dmg

Pic 3 : magus in full vanq set
Spoiler:
4877 dmg :|
Nobody on the broken noob class

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Engi vs Magus dot dmg

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 am

Well I’m both your engi pics I can already see auto attacks (don’t know if you added those in).

Also iirc physical attacks have higher base damage due to armor’s cap being 75% mitigation compared to resists being (soft) capped at 40%. And dummies have 0 resist or armor so the higher tool tip will prevail unlike some real scenarios.

Also I’m pretty sure Magus’s single target burst rotation does a good chunk more damage due to the resistance debuff or something but Engi’s follow up to the rotation has better sustain damage (due to auto attacks iirc). So they’re both pretty even and good at what they do.

Hope this helps explain the situation.
<Montague><Capulet>

Glorian

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 am

Pretty much what Manatikik says.
Put the engi dots vs a Tank and you see ticks in the range of 25-60.
As an engi you always see dreamlike numbers vs dummies. But against anything out there it will be reduced by 50% - 75%.
To reach any good numbers you had to put a lot of survivability in WS on the Engi like you did. The Magus don't need that.

Aceboltz

Post#4 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am

Why not?
Isn't it cool to have "dreamlike" damage output?
That's why they have 3 stackable armor debuffs: to be able to reach this kind of damage in real situations.

Nidwin

Post#5 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am

Glorian wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 am Pretty much what Manatikik says.
Put the engi dots vs a Tank and you see ticks in the range of 25-60.
As an engi you always see dreamlike numbers vs dummies. But against anything out there it will be reduced by 50% - 75%.
To reach any good numbers you had to put a lot of survivability in WS on the Engi like you did. The Magus don't need that.
Against tanks I do often use Glean Magic for the debuff (pray hard it applies at first hit) and Rend Winds spam.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Nidwin

Post#6 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 am

Aceboltz wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am Why not?
Isn't it cool to have "dreamlike" damage output?
That's why they have 3 stackable armor debuffs: to be able to reach this kind of damage in real situations.
Armor debuffs don't work against Destro tanks, Marauders, Squig Herders, Zealots, Magus, DoK's and of course training dummies. :lol:

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 am

Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 am

Armor debuffs don't work against Destro tanks, Marauders, Squig Herders, Zealots, Magus, DoK's and of course training dummies. :lol:
Oh, really? How do you come to such a daring statement?
Dying is no option.

Nidwin

Post#8 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 am
Nidwin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 am

Oh, really? How do you come to such a daring statement?
I read order tears (see Lesti poor damage on tanks above) and fears and the forums and came to the conclusion that armor debuffs don't work when applied on destro toons.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 am

me engi is aoe specced and has 0 points in direct damage tree, his dots ticking 100-200 on tanks, not 25-60

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 am

Dammy095 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 am me engi is aoe specced and has 0 points in direct damage tree, his dots ticking 100-200 on tanks, not 25-60
Aren't most aoe dots magical damage, while both long range ST dots are physical?
Dying is no option.