Recent Topics

Ads

L29, first character, what gear should I be getting?

Let's talk about... everything else
Starke

L29, first character, what gear should I be getting?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm

So I'm a L29 shadow warrior, this is my first character and I'm currently using the duelist's set because it was easy to get. My question is what gear should I be trying to get by L40 so I'm not totally useless? Are there certain quests I should be doing, should I just rvr....

Should I be using instructor scrolls right now to keep my level low while I get gear? I'm renown rank 34 atm. I see lots of people heading for the vanquisher set but that's clearly not going to happen for a long time.

New to the game so I need some help :)

Uh, random other question, should I be worried about talismans at the moment or can that wait till I have gear I'm going to keep for a while? Since I really don't have the gold to buy them.....
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Ads
Noiree

Re: L29, first character, what gear should I be getting?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Don't leave gear unslotted. Talismans are available at every price range.
Devastator is usually the gear in your bracket but you'll outgrow that soon. Annihilator is the next gear and the vendors in the city got cheap jewelry to bridge the gap until the nicer stuff.
Vanquisher is no option for you until you reach RR50 - you won't get it in bags or the medals. With your RR, officer's is all you get unless you kill players and win the medal (grp play etc).
Easy access weapons are from SCs.

Side note: viewforum.php?f=76 better place to ask these questions
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Sahngar

Post#3 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:18 am

As you rvr you'll collect medallions based on your rr, and as you got certain thresholds you'll bump up to the next. Each version has its own armour set and rvr and scens both have their own currency and sets.

As you get to mid 30s there are several sets that are also good for a starting lvl 40 character and will ensure you can more than contribute. Ruin from the higher area public quests and the beastlord set. I'm not that familiar with SW builds to tell you which is best though, but neither is that hard to get.

adamthelc

Post#4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:30 am

Starke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm So I'm a L29 shadow warrior, this is my first character and I'm currently using the duelist's set because it was easy to get. My question is what gear should I be trying to get by L40 so I'm not totally useless? Are there certain quests I should be doing, should I just rvr....

Should I be using instructor scrolls right now to keep my level low while I get gear? I'm renown rank 34 atm. I see lots of people heading for the vanquisher set but that's clearly not going to happen for a long time.

New to the game so I need some help :)

Uh, random other question, should I be worried about talismans at the moment or can that wait till I have gear I'm going to keep for a while? Since I really don't have the gold to buy them.....
If you like to do scenarios I would use a scroll. Get the best gear you can right now, Duelist might be ok devestator might be better. Fill it with talismans and use pots. Enjoy your next two levels and hold onto those memories. It's about to get rough for a bit.

Past 30 your renown rank should be good. You can get ruin if you want or just get merc/anni as it becomes available. Or mix the sets up for multiple 2 piece bonuses for more main stat if you need it.