Recent Topics

Ads

Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
davispeed
Game Artist

Re: Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Post#31 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 am

footpatrol2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:34 am Well there used to be a lot more the tanks were doing or could be doing infront of keep doors but the low amount of organization at the warband level doesn't really call for it anymore.

SnB tanks are for RvR unless the SnB provides utility needed for smaller scale. I didn't see a problem with this... ... ...

Btw did you guys know HTL and challenge shout abilities are limited to the AoE limit of 9 player's? Found that out the other day. Those abilities didn't use to be limited to the AoE limit on AoR.
This ^
]

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#32 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:21 am

I can slot dominator armor and snb and still be very squishy, the added option to use shield helps a lot but i need defensive armor in order to be a defensive tank.

Everyone knows these basic things, 2H weapon is useless in RVR but decent in Scenarios where you dont have to mitigate as much incoming dps. Thats all there is to it.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 am
what's important:
stand still, draw line, set rally point, push through, block enemy charge.
to do that, you need to survive.
survivability is most important to be tank.
Now tell me in what situations this is required and you might notice, that this was no appropriate argument.
Dying is no option.

wachlarz

Post#34 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am

shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:07 am
wachlarz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:13 pmHTL
So a 2h tank that is using his challenge, guard, taunt, CC of all kind, who is specced defensively, who is geared defensively, is not a tank?

Meanwhile a SnB tank who doesn't use any of the skills above and is specced and geared offensively is a tank.

🤔
Why snb dont use this ? Any reasons ? If u play 2h u gurad one person and can switch target. HTL work for more ppl. AND if u play on destro who will attack U ? Engi/Bw/Sw so loot of ranged firepower. If order sqiq/sorc/magus all easy coutered by Wl . On sc i see more engi than magus. I see Engi on top dmg or kills. So order can play 2h and destro should not.

Nekkma

Post#35 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am
Why snb dont use this ? Any reasons ? If u play 2h u gurad one person and can switch target. HTL work for more ppl. AND if u play on destro who will attack U ? Engi/Bw/Sw so loot of ranged firepower. If order sqiq/sorc/magus all easy coutered by Wl . On sc i see more engi than magus. I see Engi on top dmg or kills. So order can play 2h and destro should not.
I believe his point is that it is silly to draw the line between what is a "tank" and what is not based on HTL or 2h/1h. I see plenty people playing with a 2h getting blown up constantly and in general being useless. However, I also see plenty of snb turtle tanks running straight to the enemy backlines and never switch guard (which does not even matter since said turtle never follows the guarded player nor assisting), basically being completely useless as they put zero pressure on the backline when specced like a turtle.

Bottom line is that "tank" is a function that cannot be confined to a specific specc as regardless of specc you may not perform the function of tank.
Last edited by Nekkma on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Foltestik

Post#36 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am Why snb dont use this ? Any reasons ? If u play 2h u gurad one person and can switch target. HTL work for more ppl. AND if u play on destro who will attack U ? Engi/Bw/Sw so loot of ranged firepower. If order sqiq/sorc/magus all easy coutered by Wl . On sc i see more engi than magus. I see Engi on top dmg or kills. So order can play 2h and destro should not.
this idea ... about HTL is ..... ***** :lol:

Nortard

Post#37 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:41 am

i got an awesome idea guys, let's make Challenge give 50% damage reduction with 2H :mrgreen:

wachlarz

Post#38 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 am

Nekkma wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 am
I believe his point is that it is silly to draw the line between what is a "tank" and what is not based on HTL or 2h/1h. I see plenty people playing with a 2h getting blown up constantly and in general being useless. However, I also see plenty of snb turtle tanks running straight to the enemy backlines and never switch guard (which does not even matter since said turtle never follows the guarded player nor assisting), basically being completely useless as they put zero pressure on the backline when specced like a turtle.

Bottom line is that "tank" is a function that cannot be confined to a specific specc as regardless of specc you may not perform the function of tank.
I think we talk about premade/good player not bad

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#39 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:26 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 am
Nekkma wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 am

I think we talk about premade/good player not bad
Then I think this excludes you from the discussion

wachlarz

Post#40 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am

Foltestik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am
wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 am Why snb dont use this ? Any reasons ? If u play 2h u gurad one person and can switch target. HTL work for more ppl. AND if u play on destro who will attack U ? Engi/Bw/Sw so loot of ranged firepower. If order sqiq/sorc/magus all easy coutered by Wl . On sc i see more engi than magus. I see Engi on top dmg or kills. So order can play 2h and destro should not.
this idea ... about HTL is ..... ***** :lol:
RLY? All about a math. If sorc/bw or other rdps use skill and have loot of dis/dodge they dont make dmg and lose ap. If u have 3 tanks with htl all have 45% more dis/dodge. AND some time ago they add two healers have aoe cleans so 2 cleans every 5sec. And try play sorc that all attack are clensed or dis.