Recent Topics

Ads

Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tankbeardz

Re: Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Post#81 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm

*DELETED*
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Jabba

Post#82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Population will not change as the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this change: 2h are an oddity and not sought after in Warband play, and most 2h tanks in unorganised environments (such as the PuG SC) weren't particularly partial to using their Guard ability in the first place.

Those who are affected (namely, the organised smallscale demographic) will be feeling this particularly hard, and I won't be surprised if people decide to give up off the bat, instead of learning to adapt.
Played NA-time too often, recently? :lol:

The majority (>50%) of the 2hand in pug scs actually does know what the most important ability of their archetype is.
Thats why I think a lot more ppl then a few premades are unhappy with the changes.
You mention pre-mades not being happy in the pug SC. Rly?
No he doesn't. "I think a lot more ppl then a few premades are unhappy" is pretty clearly referencing people outside premades being unhappy with it.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Sulorie

Post#83 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Arbich wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm Played NA-time too often, recently? :lol:

The majority (>50%) of the 2hand in pug scs actually does know what the most important ability of their archetype is.
Thats why I think a lot more ppl then a few premades are unhappy with the changes.
I wouldn't agree that this is true for EU prime. Either you get 4 tanks in one grp and none in other, with players unable to fix groups or they find the guard button and run away or they expect you to follow them or they guard healers in backline and run to frontline and refuse to swap. The newest addition would be not using guard at all, because 25% is too low dmg reduction to protect you anyway. :P
Dying is no option.

Tankbeardz

Post#84 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:45 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Played NA-time too often, recently? :lol:

You mention pre-mades not being happy in the pug SC. Rly?
No he doesn't. "I think a lot more ppl then a few premades are unhappy" is pretty clearly referencing people outside premades being unhappy with it.
Ya I think you got me there. Trying to multi-task while working fail.

Vandarix

Post#85 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Population will not change as the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this change: 2h are an oddity and not sought after in Warband play, and most 2h tanks in unorganised environments (such as the PuG SC) weren't particularly partial to using their Guard ability in the first place.

Those who are affected (namely, the organised smallscale demographic) will be feeling this particularly hard, and I won't be surprised if people decide to give up off the bat, instead of learning to adapt.
The changes the RoR guys are putting out are pretty good. As someone who used to run with two 2h tanks I agree that the guard ability needed the change.

shaggyboomboom

Post#86 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Vandarix wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm

The changes the RoR guys are putting out are pretty good. As someone who used to run with two 2h tanks I agree that the guard ability needed the change.
Why? Could you post some arguments that are supported by some evidence?

CountTalabecland

Post#87 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:39 pm

There is nothing wrong with the fact that 2h tanks are better at some things than SnB. I have always ran a SnB IB as my main and never once did I think, “its unfair how much utility those 2handers have.” This is because I know I can tank better and survive longer than them by speccing super defensively. The down fall of 2h has always been getting nuked by ranged attacks and taking more damage on top of guard damage. Its the same difference between playing the ST or AoE specs for a DPS class, you need to choose in expectation of which type of gameplay you want to excel at. This change just achieves the opposite and makes the SnB a better slot than any 2h because no one wants to bring a tank who can’t guard.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

footpatrol2

Post#88 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm 2h tanks only 'dominate' smallscale because they have access to a 10-second punt (**this is huge**),
So here's the funny part right... the 10 sec punt being limited only to 2hnders is actually a ancient RoR change from WAY back. Those tactic's were not tied to 2hnder's originally.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#89 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 pm

footpatrol2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm 2h tanks only 'dominate' smallscale because they have access to a 10-second punt (**this is huge**),
So here's the funny part right... the 10 sec punt being limited only to 2hnders is actually a ancient RoR change from WAY back. Those tactic's were not tied to 2hnder's originally.
I know, bud! Just saying that I'd actually be an advocate for having the 10-second variant restricted to SnB over 2h, if needsbe.

footpatrol2

Post#90 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 pm

or back to how it was with no restriction to weapon.