Recent Topics

Ads

2h tanks guard idea

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: 2h tanks guard changes

Post#11 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am

Dammy095 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am HTL is fine as it is, don’t understand why people are so keen on having core changes when they work just fine
its not fine, 9 people having HTL just because some random solo chosen lvl 17 using it to protect himself
It incentivises SnB tank play: knowing that you truly do have a big impact in RvR is enough reason to get people interested in playing them.

Ads
Sandskid

Re: 2h tanks guard idea

Post#12 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 am

Another option is to make guard 25% for oRVR and 50% for scs. As for SnB tanks in scs - they should probably change something there, rather then just nerf 2h, imo

Sandskid

Post#13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:49 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am It incentivises SnB tank play: knowing that you truly do have a big impact in RvR is enough reason to get people interested in playing them.
In theory - yes, sure, but on practice you see most of the tanks either play 2h or playing SnB, but not guarding at all or giving guard but running elsewhere catching butterflies etc. I'm not whining at all, just saying that these changes will only bring more suffering to conscious players.
Last edited by Sandskid on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

SmackdownNinja

Post#14 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am I don’t think your understanding me. The changes done to 2h guard was due to a preceived imbalance between SnB tanks and 2h tanks in SCs. This server is also quite different then official in general, so that is not a good comparison. HTL is fine as it is, don’t understand why people are so keen on having core changes when they work just fine. Finally the problem with this is that it cuts out the BGs only viable spec for WB, and even then you were hard pressed to find a spot in a comp WB. It also doesn’t solve any of the issues that the devs had with trying to make SnB more viable in SCs. Again, this would only create more problems, not solve them.
Tesq wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am This dosent make sense man

Problems are

-lack of 2h tanks in wb (4/6 lack way to do aoe dmg).
-lack of s+b tank in sc (either they have been overnerfed or have dead mid mastery).
These changes won't make SnB tanks more valuable in scs, they'll just make 2h tanks less valuable. There is a difference between making more valuable and forcing to play for the less valuable, mates :)
I never said your changes would make SnB tanks more viable in SCs lol. And yes your changes would definitely make 2h tanks less valuable IN RVR. What your not getting is that they didn’t nerf 2h tanks because of RVR but because of SCs. So again, I fail to understand how your suggestion would help anything.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Kirpich

Re: 2h tanks guard idea

Post#15 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am

these changes killed sm . from good the tank he the worst now
I play in WB in shield and on scenes in 2h. why should I become useless now on sc?
Last edited by Kirpich on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masterok
Kirpi

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:49 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am It incentivises SnB tank play: knowing that you truly do have a big impact in RvR is enough reason to get people interested in playing them.
In theory - yes, sure, but on practice you see most of the tanks either play 2h or playing SnB, but not guarding at all or giving guard but running elsewhere catching butterflies etc. I'm not whining at all, just saying that these changes will only bring more suffering to conscious players.
Where? In unorganised environments?

In organised environments, tanks (whether they're 2h or SnB) do, in fact, use their guard ability. Tanks who don't are (inb4 'how rude!') simply not playing their role properly.

Sandskid

Post#17 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:55 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 am I never said your changes would make SnB tanks more viable in SCs lol. And yes your changes would definitely make 2h tanks less valuable IN RVR. What your not getting is that they didn’t nerf 2h tanks because of RVR but because of SCs. So again, I fail to understand how your suggestion would help anything.
Again, suggested changes would make SnB tanks more viable in oRvR then 2h. As for the scs, they should make SnB tanks more viable (if that is the problem, because I think that noone wants to play SnB in scs because it's just damn boring), rather then nerf 2h, that's my point.

Sandskid

Post#18 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am Where? In unorganised environments?

In organised environments, tanks (whether they're 2h or SnB) do, in fact, use their guard ability. Tanks who don't are (inb4 'how rude!') simply not playing their role properly.
Everything was (and still is) ok in organized environments. I'm talking about this server's population in common, because trully organized warbands (with voice commands, strong leaders etc) is what, 10-15% population of the server? And again, this would make 2h tanks more useless in scs, while in the same time, won't make SnB more usefull. So where would this lead us? My guess is - to even less tanks in scs, that's all :)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:02 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am Where? In unorganised environments?

Everything was (and still is) ok in organized environments. I'm talking about this server's population in common, because trully organized warbands (with voice commands, strong leaders etc) is what, 10-15% population of the server? And again, this would make 2h tanks more useless in scs, while in the same time, won't make SnB more usefull. So where would this lead us? My guess is - to even less tanks in scs, that's all :)
I agree that this has left 2h tanks useless, and hasn't really helped SnB whatsoever. Point was that if people need to be 'encouraged' to use their Guard in the first place, then perhaps we really are lost :lol:

Sandskid

Post#20 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:04 pm Point was that if people need to be 'encouraged' to use their Guard in the first place, then perhaps we really are lost :lol:
Now this is a story for a completely different topic :D