Recent Topics

Ads

2h tanks guard idea

Let's talk about... everything else
Sandskid

2h tanks guard idea

Post#1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am

Hello! I don't like surveys much, because you can't receive feedback from devs, so I've decided to write my personal opinion here.
I'm playing 2h/shield chosen often, and here are my thoughts:
2h guard of 25% is not an issue atm, with a current classes balance. It'd be better to leave 50% guard for 2h tanks, but change HTL to affect party members only. This would motivate WB leaders to take only shield tanks for oRvR/forts but leave 2h tanks valuable for scs/gank/roam. That's all, ty.
Last edited by Sandskid on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
SmackdownNinja

Re: 2h tanks guard changes

Post#2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am Hello! I don't like surveys much, because you can't receive feedback from devs, so I've dicided to write my personal opinion here.
2h guard of 25% is not an issue atm, with a current classes balance. It'd be better to leave 50% guard for 2h tanks, but change HTL to affect party members only. This would motivate WB leaders to take only shield tanks in oRvR/forts but leave 2h tanks valuable on scs/gank/roam. That's all, ty.
That would cut out BGs only wb spec if that was implemented. They nerfed 2h guard because of SCs not WB play lol. That would only create more problems, not solve them.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

convexte

Post#3 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:18 am

Totally agree with TS.I wanna my 2h def KotBS be great again on SCs.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Sandskid

Post#4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:21 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am That would cut out BGs only wb spec if that was implemented. They nerfed 2h guard because of SCs not WB play lol. That would only create more problems, not solve them.
HTL was party-only on official servers, and that was not a problem back then, you still have (or should have) 2 tanks in each group, so what is the problem? Not enough tanks? Make invader set for tanks more valuable and you'll see more of them. Still not enough tanks? Well, that is not a problem of the game itself tbh.

SmackdownNinja

Post#5 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:21 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am That would cut out BGs only wb spec if that was implemented. They nerfed 2h guard because of SCs not WB play lol. That would only create more problems, not solve them.
HTL was party-only on official servers, and that was not a problem back then, you still have (or should have) 2 tanks in each group, so what is the problem? Not enough tanks? Make invader set for tanks more valuable and you'll see more of them. Still not enough tanks? Well, that is not a problem of the game itself tbh.
I don’t think your understanding me. The changes done to 2h guard was due to a preceived imbalance between SnB tanks and 2h tanks in SCs. This server is also quite different then official in general, so that is not a good comparison. HTL is fine as it is, don’t understand why people are so keen on having core changes when they work just fine. Finally the problem with this is that it cuts out the BGs only viable spec for WB, and even then you were hard pressed to find a spot in a comp WB. It also doesn’t solve any of the issues that the devs had with trying to make SnB more viable in SCs. Again, this would only create more problems, not solve them.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Nekkma

Post#6 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:36 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:21 am
HTL was party-only on official servers, and that was not a problem back then, you still have (or should have) 2 tanks in each group, so what is the problem?
Was this really the case? Make no sense to have it stack 3 times if restricted to ones own party since using 3 snb tanks in one party seems to have very limited use.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Tesq

Re: 2h tanks guard idea

Post#7 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am Hello! I don't like surveys much, because you can't receive feedback from devs, so I've decided to write my personal opinion here.
2h guard of 25% is not an issue atm, with a current classes balance. It'd be better to leave 50% guard for 2h tanks, but change HTL to affect party members only. This would motivate WB leaders to take only shield tanks for oRvR/forts but leave 2h tanks valuable for scs/gank/roam. That's all, ty.
This dosent make sense man

Problems are

-lack of 2h tanks in wb (4/6 lack way to do aoe dmg).
-lack of s+b tank in sc (either they have been overnerfed or have dead mid mastery).

Sandskid

Post#8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am I don’t think your understanding me. The changes done to 2h guard was due to a preceived imbalance between SnB tanks and 2h tanks in SCs. This server is also quite different then official in general, so that is not a good comparison. HTL is fine as it is, don’t understand why people are so keen on having core changes when they work just fine. Finally the problem with this is that it cuts out the BGs only viable spec for WB, and even then you were hard pressed to find a spot in a comp WB. It also doesn’t solve any of the issues that the devs had with trying to make SnB more viable in SCs. Again, this would only create more problems, not solve them.
Tesq wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am This dosent make sense man

Problems are

-lack of 2h tanks in wb (4/6 lack way to do aoe dmg).
-lack of s+b tank in sc (either they have been overnerfed or have dead mid mastery).
These changes won't make SnB tanks more valuable in scs, they'll just make 2h tanks less valuable. There is a difference between making more valuable and forcing to play for the less valuable, mates :)

Ads
Smellybelly

Re: 2h tanks guard idea

Post#9 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 am

I dont agree with OP, while i do understand your reasoning your suggestion would nerf SnB even more. If you have a brain, you bring a shield to rvr and not a twohander.

Dammy095

Post#10 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am HTL is fine as it is, don’t understand why people are so keen on having core changes when they work just fine
its not fine, 9 people having HTL just because some random solo chosen lvl 17 using it to protect himself