Recent Topics

Ads

Forts are really awesome at ...

Let's talk about... everything else
wiscel

Re: Forts are really awesome at ...

Post#21 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Maybe put a portal for both sides in each capital? What we see now is people have to hold the keep and a few bo's to lock the zone. Now in Caledor, order took the keep. But all warbands are staying close to bo's and the keep (portal) and none are bothered to run all the way to cap the far away bo's.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:25 pm

At least you guys have something to fight for...Invader set is utterly useless for choppa.

6th bonus: on critical hit: 10% to increase auto attack by 25% ( lol )

berneke91

Post#23 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:27 pm

I personally blame all the filthy xrealmers but mainly order.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Nameless

Post#24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 pm

It will be interesting how devs will implement city sieges. If only attackers from wining fort go to siege city that would mean that u need +4-5 hours playtime from last rvr zone ro fort and then to city. Wont mention how few ppl will go to the city. Which is not so bad based on non stop city sieges from last days from live. But dividing the playerbase is not so good move to begin with
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

berneke91

Post#25 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Nameless wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 pm It will be interesting how devs will implement city sieges. If only attackers from wining fort go to siege city that would mean that u need +4-5 hours playtime from last rvr zone ro fort and then to city. Wont mention how few ppl will go to the city. Which is not so bad based on non stop city sieges from last days from live. But dividing the playerbase is not so good move to begin with
I dont think they intend to change much about city sieges. Worked pretty nicely on live especially since they can instance base it. but will be intresting.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Ridduk

Post#26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:46 pm

berneke91 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:27 pm I personally blame all the filthy xrealmers but mainly order.
:D

Vaul

Post#27 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Suggestion: increase rewards* for a successful keep defence in an end zone as well as (perhaps) for going one better and locking end zone and pushing back to the central zone.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

adamthelc

Post#28 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:00 am

Someone kind of hit on this earlier, but I am going to expand on it.

People like to think about all of the things Mythic did wrong, but obviously they did some things right since we are still playing and remember the game they made fondly.

I think one of the things they did right was had any level of medallion drop in any type of PvP. Actual pieces only dropped in the harder content, but the way medallions used to drop meant that as long as you were killing you could potentially be progressing.

Now you reach a point where the only place you can progress is in a specific event. The reason that is bad because of the way realm balance effects what you can and cant do.

I understand that this server is a little different, but I still think the way they did medallions should not be overlooked. If people remember AoR before medallions were in the game, there were a lot of flaws in how the game worked even though the idea of how the end game worked was really cool.

So in a nutshell, the way medallions worked in AoR was one of the best changes they made. This is a game with a heavy emphasis on PvP, it is easy to argue that the ultimate goal should be to kill other players.

Ads
normanis

Post#29 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 am

if invader medals will drop in t4 content, than maby conq/vanquisher medals also can start drop in t1. ( its sarcasm)
now for real invader medals shoud stay where are they belongs in forts. atleast 4 invader medals for win or loose its good . byt i dont get why i have always 180 roll place if ordervsdestro is only 60vs60. ( where the rest ppl come up)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alsayr

Post#30 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:14 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am i must add,
i understand limited play time, fort b4 bed time etc.
tactical retreat could be 1 of tactic.
gathering good players and preparing last defense at fort.

but that force could push enemy from zone too.
it's choice of leaders and soldiers. plus time zone, guild etc.

you can't convince defeatist to join fight.
also can't convince fighters to give up.
( defeatist would fight for death in fort? i doubt, they'll give up at first sign of fail )

you can't control everything as player. sometimes accept what others play.

suggest:
maybe add last zone's contribution to fort contribution ?
Totally disagree. Why contrubution in last zone may will be important in fort ? But, but maybe you wan good reason was be add to roll changes in next roll for bag like in standard zone ?
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal